Monday, April 17, 2017

Today's News

Heyman talks landmark:


Paul Heyman has responded to the 20th anniversary of the first ECW PPV...

"20 years ago is a long time and I feel like I've lived many lives. In that way I'm a very blessed man. Just to pull that off and to be part of it, and at 31-years-old, it's the old thing where they say 'they won't be able to take that away from you.' I don't look back often, but I'm very humbled."


Taker will wrestle again:


The man that guided the Undertaker through his early days in WWE, Brother Love, says his former client will wrestle again...

"I thought it was apropos and I cried like a b---h. It was a nice ending of a chapter if you ask me, but I don't think it's over. Eventually, yes, I do think Undertaker will wrestle again. I'm saying short of being wheeled down to the ring in a wheelchair, that we've not seen the last of The Undertaker in the ring. Now, he would argue with me on that and say 'no, that's it,' but you never say 'never' in this business and The Undertaker and that character will live on forever and I think he could still go out and have a match. It may not be what it was 25 years ago, but by God, he'll go out and the people will be behind him just as much as they ever were."

He also revealed why he gave up the management of the dead man...

"I had been managing Undertaker. I was given the opportunity… I also worked behind-the-scenes, d'uh, and Vince came to me and said, 'I'm going to give you a choice: you can either work in front of the camera and be Undertaker's manager, full-time,' because the package of Undertaker at house shows, it wasn't the same without a manager, and if I did that, I would have to give up my job behind-the-scenes, producing television. I chose producing television and we were looking for someone to manage Undertaker and take my place. Percy Pringle had inquired about working, so they brought Percy up just for a general interview to say, 'hey, what would you like to do?' and they said, 'what have you done in the past?' Percy said, 'well, I'm a licensed mortician,' and everybody popped because 'oh my God, we're looking for someone to manage The Undertaker and Paul Bearer was born."


Injuries:


Finn Balor will be impact tested at Raw tonight, but Dash Wilder won't be there. He broke his jaw this weekend on the live circuit.


Ranallo returning:


Mauro Ranallo says he will still call wrestling events. He also took a swipe at WWE by emphasing the term ''Pro wrestling'', a term banned by WWE.


Raw tease:



  • Is Braun Strowman unstoppable?
  • Has Elias Samson "drifted" to Raw?
  • Is Nia Jax in line for a Raw Women's Title opportunity?
  • Which Raw newcomers will "shake up" Team Red the most?
  • Will Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe settle their unfinished business?

Record Rock:


'Fast 8' is the biggest selling movie in history for it's opening week, taking over $500 million.


Del Rio makes Impact:


Alberto Del Rio has signed with Impact. He has been working on per appearance deals until now.


Benoit on TV:


Chris Benoit was mentioned on 'Ellen' this week.


Alum ready:


Shelton Benjamin will return to the ring this weekend.


WWE dropped:


WWE have lost their TV deal in the Philippines.


Kendrick barred:


Brian Kendrick has recalled being banned from the WWE building by security, who did not believe he worked for the company, until he found a copy of the WWE magazine, and showed them his profile.


Bret writes 'Taker:


"I wrote 'Taker a letter when I left. I said, 'You have to be the voice of the dressing room and the leader now that I'm gone.' I always felt that I was the leader of the dressing room and looked after everything. If guys had a problem, they could come to me and I'd go to Vince and say, 'This guy has a problem, maybe you can help him.' Then 'Taker stepped in and became that guy. A lot of times he had to straighten out guys like Shawn Michaels and stand up for the other wrestlers. Undertaker was always a force in the dressing room."

No comments:

Post a Comment