Sunday, August 19, 2018

19/8/2018


NXT Brooklyn:


Results...

  1. Bianca Belair bt Deonna Purrazzo
  2. Pete Dunne bt Zack Gibson (UK title)
  3. Undisputed Era bt Moustache Mouintain
  4. Velveteen Dream bt EC3
  5. Ricochet bt Adam Cole to take the North American title
  6. Kairi Sane bt Shayna Baszler for the Women's
  7. Tommaso Ciampa bt Johnny Gargano (NXT)

Notes...

  • Matt Riddle was confirmed as an NXT star, and was in the crowd
  • David Arquette was backstage
  • EC3 suffered a facial injury and potential concussion
  • Velveteen Dream has gained some heat for his tights last night. He had ''Call me up, Vince'' written on them. It was suggested it was not a good luck to have someone advertising their wish to move away on the biggest night of NXT's year.

Evolution botch / SummerSlam SPOILER!!!:


WWE accidentally botched a match announcement for the all women's PPV, and may have spoilt tonight's SummerSlam as a result. They showed a graphic confirming Trish Stratus vs Alexa Bliss for the event at NXT Brooklyn last night. They have since confirmed the match officially, but still have the red women's match on their site, listed independently of that bout, potentially spoiling a win for Ronda Rousey tonight.

Michelle McCool was also shown on a graphic, but with no opponent defined.

SummerSlam:


Tonight is the third big 4 event of 2018, SummerSlam.

Daniel talks contract stall:


"There's a couple of things like how my family. This is the first time in my career, ever - the thing that's taking so long with all of it is I've never hired a lawyer before to look at a contract, so this is the first time I've done it, so it just takes longer than usual. My last contract I think I signed in 2012. So then, I wasn't married - Brie and I were together, but I wasn't married - so you're just trying to get all of your ducks in a row, especially because I'm older, and married, and have a baby. It's the responsibility and it's crazy because a lot of us as WWE superstars, we end up not getting lawyers to look at our contracts, we just look at it and go 'oh, ok, what's this number, what's this number? Oh fine, whatever,' without reading the fine print."

WWE are looking into enforcing a one year contract extension, to keep him, even if he does not sign.


Heel turn leaks:


A creative leak has suggested a heel turn is in the near future of Asuka, potentially as early as tonight.

HHH warns Dream:


Triple H responded to Velveteen Dream's tights, with a thinly veiled warning...

"If he is talking about Vince McMahon, there are a couple different phone calls you could get from Vince McMahon. One you want to get, one you really don't want to get. So you have to be careful when you say, 'Vince give me a call.' Because you never know what kind of call you're going to get."

Hardy hurt:


Jeff Hardy has revealed he is working hurt...

''I'm a little beat up, but my back is a lot better than it was a few weeks ago. I've been having this issue with my elbow, like a nerve issue, and my hand was asleep for probably seven weeks and it's finally woken. But overall, I mean, I'm 40 years old, I feel pretty good to be wrestling the way I am today in 2018."

E&C:


Edge and Christian are at SummerSlam this weekend, as are Ric Flair and JBL.

Jeri-damus:


Chris Jericho has predicted Brock Lesnar will lose and leave and next years Mania will have a female main event, Charlotte vs Ronda...

"Here's one of Vince McMahon's rules that he told me years ago. A babyface never guarantees victory if he's not going to win. Reigns has guaranteed victory for six months. If he doesn't beat Brock, he's done. That's not Vince's role for Reigns, he wants him to be the face. Brock needs to lose and move on, let's build Strowman and Reigns and move that to WrestleMania."

No comments:

Post a Comment