Tuesday, August 7, 2018

7/8/2018

SummerSlam:


Finn Balor vs Baron Corbin is official, as is Daniel Bryan vs Miz.


WCW:


Double J says he does not believe we will see a relaunch of WCW...

"I don't believe so. I think you'll see bits and pieces. I think that the War Games, the things that, you know, Starrcade last year, but I think they'll take bits and pieces of that nostalgia and monetize it. But as an overall brand, I think NXT speaks for itself how a smashing success that is that if they're going to invest in a new brand, it's gonna be new. And that makes a lot of sense."


Injury:


Ruby Riott is back after 5 weeks on the bench.


Batista threatens to quit 'Guardians':


Batista has rowed back on his commitment to honour his contract for the 'Avengers' and 'Guardians' films and now says if the director of the first films is not reinstated, he will quit the role of Drax...

"Nobody's defending his tweets, but this was a smear campaign on a good man. I spoke to Chris Pratt the day after it happened and he's a bit religious so he wanted time to pray and figure it out, but I was more like: 'f--k this. This is bulls--t.' James is one of the kindest, most decent people I've met. Where I'm at right now is that if Marvel don't use that script, then I'm going to ask them to release me from my contract, cut me out or recast me. I'd be doing James a disservice if I didn't."

Disney & Marvel are stuck on the precipice of a major PR disaster if they do re-hire him though. In another case of someone scrolling through years of a celeb's social media posts, Tye Dillinger and Cedric Alexander were affected earlier in the week, Gunn's long past jokes about rape, particularly hinting at his sexual activity with young boys, such as posting a tweet that he had just seen a video of a monkey masturbating on a sleeping child's face, which he said he found very funny, could make it impossible for the two media giants to continue to be associated with him, given the current climate in Hollywood.


Social media storm:


NJPW are taking disciplinary action on Tama Tonga because of his social media posts. He posts as a heel, is loud, obnoxious and often rude. They worry his dis-respect may alienate fans from their product.


SD tease:



  • AJ Styles returns to address Samoa Joe
  • The New Day and The Bar clash for SummerSlam title opportunity
  • Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch team up to battle The IIconics
  • What is The Miz's SummerSlam announcement?



John Cena:


John Cena is in China working at Jackie Chan's gym preparing for a movie role. He has shed twenty lbs for the role.


WWE Impact:


Madison Rayne has revealed the impact WWE's call for her to do the MYC this year had on her...

"I cried. I turned into such a crier the last couple of years. I don't know if it's because I'm a mother, but I cried and cried. It just feels really good after 13 years of really hard work and trying to find out who exactly I wanted to be in the ring and figure out exactly what I wanted my career to look like and what story I wanted to tell. I feel like, after everything I've done, not to say this is the ending point, but this is such an awesome later chapter in the story of my career."


Sami Zayn:


Sami Zayn has had a second surgery on his shoulder.


Wrestler banned:


Sam Adonis has been banned from working for an indie company after they were offended by a promo he cut. He portrays a pro Trump gimmick, and is often divisive with his promo's, but his comments at Rev Pro in London went past acceptable borders. He used homophobic slurs and very offensive language.

Rev Pro say the wrestler best known for being Corey Graves brother, broke their hearts with his unwelcome, unacceptable and unauthorised promo and promised fans he will never work for them again, nor will anything like it be allowed under their roof.


Part time monster:


Kane says he will never close the door on WWE, but his role as mayor is now his priority...

"WWE is always going to be part of me and hopefully I'll always be part of it. I haven't ruled out making special appearances every now and then. My main priority is being mayor, of course. WWE does bring a lot of attention to Knox County, so that's cool. It's just a matter of making sure everything I do — WWE or any other outside stuff — does not impact my role as mayor." 


Rock mauled:


The Rock has been targeted on social media, by animal rights activists.They are offended he went to an aquarium with his family.


SD guests:


Hulk Hogan and Kaitlyn are at SmackDown tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment