Wednesday, January 31, 2018

31/1/2018

JB to WWE:


Jeremy Borash will work for NXT and at the PC when he starts working for WWE. Impact are furious and are having to rework their stories going forward. Josh Mathews was set to give up his announcing duties to align himself with Evan Bourne. He was to be replaced by Borash on the comms desk in the coming weeks, that cannot now happen.


Mixed Match:


Mandy Rose will take Alicia Fox's spot on Mixed Match challenge.


Rousey's secret prep:


Ronda Rousey has been secretly training at the WWE PC at night. Natalya, Charlotte and Becky Lynch have all played a part in her ring training as she prepares to debut at WrestleMania.

Her old boss at UFC says he does not expect her to ever set foot in the octagon again, but heartily wished her well for her new career.


Fastlane:


Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn will decide AJ Styles Fastlane opponent next week.


205 Live:


Drake Maverick, formerly known as Rockstar Spud is the 205 Live GM. His first task saw him announce a 16 man tournament to crown a new champion for the show, which will culminate at WrestleMania.

Tyler Bate has joined the show as part of the competition and Roderick Strong will follow him onto the brand next week with a match against Hideo Itami (Which I am marking out for) booked for his debut.


Taker's first comment:


WWE have released a VT of Undertaker's first comments since seeming to retire at Mania last year, which they got from him right after he made it through the curtain after the bout...

"It's kind of surreal, I guess, right now. 30-plus years of my life, but right now I'm pretty content riding off into the sunset. We'll see what tomorrow brings."


Heat still burns:


X-Pac has revealed Ric Flair told him he is still angry with him at Raw last week, over an incident during their time in WCW...

"When I was in WCW I was definitely like … kind of cutthroat, a little bit. Just kind of like, just like the way I was with Flair. Flair's still hot at me for slapping him. He came in the ring after the RAW thing and he mentioned twice about me slapping him. We had a segment on Nitro after our big six-man and you know, he's a much better talker than me... when we were kind of squared off, Mean Gene was holding the mic, so I kind of bowed up to him and we were on live TV, and when he shoved me like he wasn't supposed to shove me, he wasn't supposed to put his hands on me, and when he did, I smacked the s--t out of him. One nice good one, then he kind of chased me around a little bit and I just kind of just danced around him. '97, '96 something like that. At RAW 25, Flair was putting me over too, but he still had to bring up the 'hey you slapped me back in the day' and then once again he said it twice in the ring. Ya the mic ya ya, and I was disrespectful, but honestly at the time, that's what I had to do. I had to be that way. If I wasn't that way I would not have gotten where I was in that company at that time, it's just how it was. They try to hold you down and you try to put them out of their misery."


SummerSlam tickets on sale:


Travel packages for this years Slam have gone on sale today. General tickets go on sale on Friday.


WWE star has surgery:


Epico has had a shoulder injury operated on. No word on when he was hurt, or how long he will be out.


Brothers of election:


Undertaker will support Kane on the political trail on March 1st.


Why Otunga retired:


As the split between David Otunga and Jennifer Hudson gets nastier, the WWE man has revealed she made him stop wrestling. She has decided to contest the residency of their child, citing him being unemployed as the reason. She says he doesn't work and therefore can't support their child. He shot back via his legal team that it was her that demanded he gave up his in ring career and left him no choice but to move into his current role as a part of the announce team.


WrestleMania 35:


WWE are finalising the venue of next years Mania, and it seems New York have won out. The event was last in the area 5 years ago.


NXT tribute:


Zelina Vega has revealed she wore all red at Royal Rumble to pay tribute to her hero, Lita.

No comments:

Post a Comment