Sunday, January 28, 2018

28/1/2018

It's the most wonderful night of the year...

NXT:


WWE held their first NXT special of the year last night...

Results...


  1. Undisputed Era bt Authors Of Pain.
  2. Velveteen Dream bt Kassius Ohno.
  3. Ember Moon bt Shayna Baszler.
  4. Aleister Black bt Adam Cole.
  5. Andrade Cien Almas bt Johnny Gargano.

Notes...

  • War Machine, Maria Menounos, ECIII and Ricochet were sitting in the crowd.
  • Candice LeRae accompanied Johnny Gargano to the ring for his main event title shot.
  • Tommaso Ciampa returned.
  • Awards were presented for the best stars of 2017.
  • Nigel McGuiness missed the event. He was ill.

Return confirmed:


WWE have confirmed they have re-signed Ethan Carter III, formerly known as Derrick Bateman, during his last WWE run. He will keep his Impact name, and will be a part of NXT.

The announcement, coming as it has, before the Rumble, likely means he will not be in tonight's Royal Rumble match.

Goldberg talks not expecting HOF:


"Hell no! I mean, let's be perfectly, honest, man. Booker asked it. Booker could've answered it, yeah, I think it's a shock to a lot of people, but I think by Brock making them bring me back and by them giving me the opportunity, I maybe showed a little bit of something worthy of an accolade of some sort. I don't know, man!"

He also says his inductor is confirmed, but did not name them.

NJPW:


Cody Rhodes turned on Kenny Omega last night at the special in Japan. Omega lost his US title, one of a number of title changes at the event.

WWE Doctor recalls Jerry Lawler's heart attack:


The man that saved the King's life, former WWE medic Michael Sampson, has recalled that emotional night...

"Quite honestly, you are always prepared for that, but I would have never thought I would be taking care of a cardiac issue on WWE. We were just sitting there watching the match. Actually, Michael Cole was motioning to Justin (Roberts) and myself, who I was sitting from five feet from Jerry, because I was watching the match because you don't really look at the commentators because hopefully nothing is going to happen to them. Justin Roberts tapped me and said, Doc, look at Jerry. Jerry Lawler's face was planted on the desk. Everybody knows Jerry, he is a comedian, we thought he was snoring or thinking it was a boring match. I started talking to him and he wasn't responding, so one of the big things that you do for anybody that is comatose is that you do a sternal rub, and if you do a sternal rub, it hurts just doing it on yourself let alone how hard I was doing it to get him to respond and when he wasn't responding I knew something was going on so that was when we went into action."

He also revealed fearing for his safety after stopping a Ryback match, due to the anger of the Alum and having an unrepairable relationship with an un-named female star after stopping a match on TV once, she never forgave him.

Lashley to WWE:


Bobby Lashley's return to WWE is imminent, possibly as soon as tonight. Brock Lesnar is to be asked to stick around after Mania for a run vs the former Impact champion. Question is, will Brock see the angle as a tasty enough lure to keep him from returning to MMA?

Alum snubbed:


RVD says he was not invited to Raw 25.

Royal Rumble SPOILERS!!!:


Kelly Kelly and the Bella Twins have been spotted at the WWE hotel, and are expected to be among the 12 surprises in the female Rumble tonight.

Alum offers to Rumble:


Tommy Dreamer says he is a phone call away from taking part at tonight's Royal Rumble...

"I will do anything for any wrestling company. I just went to Impact because Scott D'Amore and Don Callis called me up and said Sonjay Dutt is hurt. He can't fly, and I need your help. That's all he had to say. We didn't even talk money, we didn't talk anything. He was a friend that needed help. I said cool, just give me a plane ticket. We discussed everything after. Same thing for WWE. If WWE ever needs my help, I'll help them out. They've had so many guys from House of Hardcore. If they think it will be a great surprise for Philadelphia, then I'll be there. If not, then I'll be very, very happy just being me."

Gail Kim does not feel the same, she adamantly ruled herself out on Twitter.

New baby:


Karl Anderson has announced his wife is expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment