Tuesday, January 23, 2018

23/1/2018

Enzo Amore:


Enzo Amore is being investigated by police over rape accusations made online yesterday. A YouTube star accused him and fashion designer Tyler Grosso of attacking her in October, after one of her friends invited her to her house and drugged her, leaving her vulnerable to the assault. Only the friend has made public comment since, and as you would predict vehemently denied her claims, and threatened to make a counter criminal accusation against the accuser. Her posts have since been removed.

Enzo remained suspended by WWE pending the result of the police investigation when I started writing this, but WWE have now confirmed they have decided to release the Cruiserweight champion. If found guilty he would have been fired for breaching the WWE morals clause anyway. It is not known if this was a final straw for WWE, he has been in heat many times during his brief career, or if they have had conformation of his guilt from him, maybe an indication from police that there is enough to charge him with something, or maybe in the current media storm regarding sexual naughtiness, they just thought it would be better to cut their losses. We will have to wait and see what is said in the coming days and weeks.

It should be noted that they did not give him the parting wave of a future endeavour message. They released a single line statement that he had been released.

He was at Raw 25 last night, despite being suspended. He was booked to wrestle Goldust.


**Update**

It is now reported that he has known about this since October 23, 4 days after the alleged assault, but did not tell WWE about the investigation. That is why he has been canned.


Raw 25 upsets:


Fans at the Manhattan Center were less than impressed with their experience last night. There were long periods where nothing was happening for them, this was showcased best by one fan appearing to catch JR and King fast asleep at the comms desk (JR angrily denied this earlier today). Triple H cut a promo popping for the fans after the show went off air, to try to appease the bad taste the fans at the old school venue were left with.

Lita tweeted her upset at not being invited.

I am kind of happy that Lita wasn't there though, I predicted that anyone that went to the Raw birthday show would not be in the Rumble too, it would be one or the other. Lita is now my favourite to be one of the legends in the women's Rumble. Molly Holly, Victoria, Kharma and Alundra Blayze are my 5 predictions. By my logic though Trish Stratus and Michelle McCool, who had both declared interest in taking part, would not do so. Ronda Rousey will be in there too IMO. My 5 predictions for men, although I don't think there will be that many, all come from the attitude era. Ken Shamrock, Blue Meanie, Mosh, Thrasher and The Patriot.

Bret Hart apologised for missing the party...

''I'm sorry I'm not there for #Raw25. I wish I was able to make it. I know I've had my fair share of memorable moments on the show. Here's to another 25 years of Monday Night Raw.''

Miz took the IC gold for an 8th time from Roman Reigns.

Other notable moments saw AJ Styles cut a promo in the style of Hulk Hogan and Triple H name checking Chyna during the DX reunion.

WWE star wants Punk fight:


Jack Gallagher scored a funny bazinga on CM Punk on Twitter. He commented on a post saying Dana White is starting to look for CM Punk's next opponent in the octagon, with this witty retort...

''Doesn't have an opponent. I have two minutes to spare.''


Batista talks angle he hated:


"Never going to go away. Now that I'm thinking about it, that whole thing, that all stemmed from actually that ridiculous storyline that they were putting together and Vince's sick head. I mean, how the whole thing came about. And I was supposed to be the child of a rape. That's why I was so angry at the world. Yeah, yeah, that was tossed around. Ric was trying to get on my good side and figure out why I was so angry. That was one of the ideas that went around, that maybe I was a child of a rape. It was horrible. And I was raised by foster families. Thank goodness that didn't happen. At the time, I was like, 'I don't know how I feel about that.'"


SmackDown teaser:



  • Will the "Yep!" Movement be out in full force?
  • New U.S. Champion Roode teams with New Day to battle Mahal & Rusev Day
  • Naomi looks for payback against Riott Squad's Liv Morgan
  • Who will gain momentum heading into the 2018 Royal Rumble event?
  • Jey Uso and Chad Gable battle in one-on-one competition



Miz did not want Cena match:


Miz says he was reluctant to do last years Mania mixed tag vs Cena and Nikki Bella...

"I didn't want to do it at first. I just didn't know if it would be good. When I go out there, I set out to do something memorable. Something great. And when I first heard the pitch of 'Hey, do you want to imitate them?,' I was like, "I don't know. I don't know if it'll be great. I don't know if it'll be good.' I kinda turned it down. Then I was driving with my wife and I was thinking about it and i was like, 'Maybe this could be good,' and I started doing how I would do John Cena and I just escalated it and Maryse just started dying laughing. If Maryse laughs at something, then it's funny because she doesn't laugh at anything. So I was like, 'Hmm, this is something. And then I started thinking of ideas on what it would be and I was like, 'alright we got something here.'"


WWE target to ROH:


Kota Ibushi has been announced for ROH shows later in the year.


TNA on Network:


Kurt Angle has revealed TNA will be discussed in his upcoming episode of 'Table For 3.'


Ronda Rousey:


Triple H has given his biggest hint yet that Ronda Rousey is coming to WWE...

"I will tell you this. Stay tuned."


Cena nominated:


John Cena's film 'Ferdinand' has been nominated for an Oscar. This comes as he has been linked with the starring role in video game franchise movie 'Duke Nukem.'


Reigns de-push?:


WWE insiders have shot down stories of Roman Reigns being de-pushed because of the recent steroid story. He is still planned to main event Mania vs Brock, but WWE did the title switch becuase they have a ''Monster push'' planned for Miz, including something huge at Mania this year.


Royal Rumble:


Tye Dillinger has confirmed himself for the Rumble match.



205 Live:


Daniel Bryan will address the Enzo Amore situation on 205 Live tonight. He will make an announcement regarding the shows title, and is rumoured to be announcing a GM for the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment