Friday, January 19, 2018

19/1/2018

WWE vs WCW:


Shawn Michaels recalls the Monday night war...

"I've always known the guy I work for, and the dude works 24/7, and that's why it was always easy never to leave. There was absolutely no way that guy was going to give up. You didn't know when, you didn't know how long, or whatever. But there was absolutely no way he was not going to continue standing and continue fighting. So, really once you really know that, it's just are you willing to wait it out. Of course, I was doing what I loved to do, and so I certainly didn't mind. A lot of nerves, lot of concern, lot of worry, and stuff like that, I'm sure all those years from the higher-ups, but those of us who were the workhorses, so to speak, our job was to go out there and do the best we could, and quite honestly, let them worry about the more important stuff."


Raw 25:


MVP, William Regal, Harvey Wippleman and Howard Finkel have joined the list of legends for Raw next week. A number of SD talent, led by Daniel Bryan will also attend.


KK recalls iconic spot:


Kevin Kelly has discussed his fear during the Pillman's got a gun skit...

"I went to Cincinnati, Ohio, just outside of Cincinnati, to interview Brian Pillman, who was recovering from the leg injury caused by Stone Cold Steve Austin. Of course, Austin had said he was going to interrupt the proceeds, show up, and Pillman decided to arm himself to make sure safety first. Well, of course the lights go off and gunshots are ringing out through the house, I'm panic-stricken and I'm diving under chairs. We got into a lot of trouble with that with USA, but it was a lot of fun in hindsight. In the moment, I was scared to death. But the fact that, now over 20 years later people still remember that and talk about it, I guess it really did have a big impact on a lot of folks. It was a wild time, though, no doubt."


WWE on TV:


Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and New Day played the lip sync challenge on 'Jimmy Fallon' last night.


Rock songs:


A musical based on the Rock will debut in London next week. The writer has discussed how it came about...

"It came about as all the best ideas do when we were taking the piss out of one of our friends. She is obsessed with Dwayne Johnson, and had alarm clocks and cardboard cut-outs of him. We were making comments about it, and someone mentioned that this could be a good idea for a play, and it developed from there. It was a group piss-take which turned into a 60-minute play with ten songs and a full cast."

The Rock will be played by a puppet.


Henry defends Vince decision:


Regarding Daniel Bryan's ring future...

"He wants to keep going and the medical situation will not allow. If I'm Vince - as much as I love Daniel - I'm not going to let him get in there, and get paralyzed, and get hurt on my watch. They are going to have to show definitive evidence and proof that he can go in there take a pounding, and not get hurt and end up in a wheelchair. They're not gonna do it. I know Vince, he would not have that on his conscience. Man, who wants to go to the grave going, 'I could have prevented that'?"


Goldberg:


Paul Heyman is currently scheduled to induct Goldberg into the HOF.


Induct us soon:


Bret Hart has called on WWE to induct the Hart Foundation soon. He has long pushed for the inductions of his brother Owen and Davey Boy and has urged WWE to put the group in now so his long term partner, and father of current star Natalya, can go in whilst he is still around to take part. Anvil is significantly ill, and Hart fears if the group don't go in now, the whole of his attitude era entourage will be inducted posthumously, if ever, as Owen, Bulldog and Pillman have already passed.

Of course the sticking point will be Owen Hart's wife not wanting Owen's name to be associated with WWE after his death on their watch in 1999, but Bret has offered to accept for his brother in the past, so there could be a way around it, although it would likely anger and upset Owen's family.


Impact fire new star:


The Huntress was fired for refusing to job to Su Yung during the last set of taping's. She had only worked 3 matches for them.


DVD:


WWE have announced a new DVD set for Macho Man. TBR in May.


Help a HOF'er:


Billy Graham needs hip replacement surgery, and is asking fans to help him pay for it. He has set up a GoFundMe.


Del Rio apology:


Alberto Del Rio has revealed he has personally apologised to Triple H and WWE, and says he would welcome a return to the promotion. He blames all of his outbursts against the company, and Triple H in particular, on his former partner Paige...

"As you know, I am a man who knows when he was wrong. In fact I was in contact with them. Like WWE, when they admitted their mistake the first time I left, I also admit my mistake. I personally apologized to Triple H for the issues we had when I was in a bad relationship with my ex-partner. She and her entire family made me believe that they affected our relationship. She made me believe that the (Sextape) videos and all that was happening outside to her was perpetrated by Triple H and the company. At the time I believed her, because she was my partner. I defended her by heart and sword, then things were different. Later I realized how wrong I was to place my trust in that person. I deeply regret my words and apologized to Triple H, his wife and WWE. They understood me. Of course I would go back if the opportunity arises. I would not go back full-time, but I would transition to a special appearance wrestler. Before I put down my wrestling boots for good it will surely happen. Surely before I retire, I will do something special with WWE. However I do not see it happening in 2018, but in 2019 before leaving the United States. I'm definitely going to do something special with them. I consider myself to be on good terms with WWE right now on my side, we will one day shake hands and everything will be fine. Time heals all wounds."

No comments:

Post a Comment