Saturday, December 20, 2014

Today's News

WWE Alum goes under the knife:


The Hurricane had knee surgery yesterday.


UFC star talks future WWE plans:


Ronda Rousey said...

"Oh I would be a heel for sure. I can't take the name of 'Rowdy' and not be a heel, that would be an insult to the man I pay tribute to with my name - the great Rowdy Roddy Piper. I would have to try and live up to his legacy as much as possible and I can't do that being a babyface."


Photo:


The Undertaker, photographed by a German fan earlier this week.


Foley applauds Punk:


''I've been asked quite a bit over the past several days for my opinion on CM Punk's decision to sign with UFC. I applaud it. While I have no idea how Punk will fare with top level MMA competitors, I do know that no one will out-train him or out-work him, and that, whether he wins or loses, succeeds or fails, he's likely to be responsible for a few incredible PPV buy-rates - which had been a cause of concern for him since the dawning of the #WWENetwork...which, last time I checked was only $9.99 a month. Just as importantly, #CMPunk won't end up sitting on his couch 10 years from now, muttering the two dirtiest words in the English language: "what if"?''


The Rock:


The Rock spent some time today visiting a children's hospital.


Total Diva's:


An online campaign to boycott Total Diva's until Naomi is reinstated to the cast, has won the support of her real world husband, Jimmy Uso.


Can you make it in WWE?:


WWE have released this interactive backstage video, give it a go, see how you do...



HHH asks out:


Triple H requested fan feedback on Twitter this week, a rare move. He was asking how Kevin Owens debut was going down with fans.


Brock Lesnar:


WWE insiders say it is not a foregone conclusion that Brock will leave WWE next year, but do admit that they cannot offer him the same financial package he has been receiving for the past 3 years. It has also been noted that Lesnar is slimming down, in preparation for a return to the Octagon?.


Amazing Race:


Brooke and Robbie E. finished 4th on their game show.


CM Punk on when he decided to stop, being ready to return this year, and more:


* Punk said that the reason he did the Art of Wrestling podcast was to tell his fans why he split. He didn't want to be a guy who constantly said negative things about WWE. In response to some people saying he lied about things, he said that he couldn't have even made that stuff up.

* Punk says that there's always somebody who will replace someone else on the wheel, and he is no different. He says he doesn't blame WWE for that. He didn't intend to bash the company, he was just telling his story.

* On a possible return to WWE, he said. "You asked if I'm going back to WWE, and my answer now is I can't be sure. I don't want to be the guy who says 'never say never,' I don't plan [to go back], but I can't tell the future. Something could happen, but I personally don't see it."

* He says that both he and WWE probably wish that they would have ended things differently, but it was something that had to be done. Punk said that after WrestleMania 29 he'd torn his knee up and had five weeks off and rediscovered life because he'd never had that long off.

* Punk seems like he would have welcomed a WWE return after his initial suspension, but nobody contacted him. He was prepared to sit out his contract after that, and thought the company were withholding his royalties. When he found an uncashed royalty check he had to call them.

* Regarding WrestleMania 29, Punk said "Yeah I was [over it by then]. I didn't care, and that was a big part of the problem, I was wrestling The Undertaker in front of 80,000 people, and I didn't give a f**k. I was just like 'ah, whatever.' I had zero passion, I was just like 'yeah, whatever.' And (The Undertaker) might get offended at that, but it's nothing against him, it's just where I was at. But I would hope he gets it."


Naomi defends Diva's:


Naomi says the women were ''P!ssed off'' with the lack of ambition comment from Vince McMahon, and said the women are as hungry as any of the guys, to do great.


Austin snubs Hogan:


Steve Austin says he has heard Hulk Hogan's trash talk, and he is not buying it. He has no ambition to get in the ring with him at WrestleMania, and says he is too busy to go on TV every week answering Hogan's latest attempt at ''Sh!t stirring'', but that didn't mean he was a coward, or was ducking him, it means he has better things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment