Saturday, December 13, 2014

Today's News

Comedian uses WWE to attack New York police:


Chris Rock said on a talk show...

"So the WWE has better standards than the NYPD. You can't just choke The Rock... Stone Cold Steve Austin. You can't do that!''.

He was referencing the death of a man during an altercation with an officer, where the cop choked the man out, and he sadly died of his injuries.


Steve Austin talks maturing, and moving on:


...From wrestling...

"It was almost like a maturation process. I said, 'Hey man, it's time to put your suspenders back on, get your a$$ out to L.A., and get to work.' And that's what I did."


Santino provides health update:


"Thanx to everyone for all the well wishes, it was successful, close call but I will be better without that foreign stuff in my body, even though titanium sounds pretty bad a$$"


NXT:


Brian Kendrick worked his first WWE match for a few years last night, losing to Solomon Crowe, before the NXT tapings started. He got a great pop, and a long welcome back chant.


Lesnar won't return:


Alistair Overeem, Brock Lesnar's last UFC opponent, says he believes Brock will not return to MMA next year, as is widely predicted...

"I don't think Brock Lesnar is coming back for a number of reasons. One of them is that he'll get his a** kicked, and he doesn't like that. So I think he's going to stay right where he is, in WWE,"


HHH says fans will take time to accept Sami Zayn:


"I do think he can succeed, I think it would take some time, he is the slow built kind of guy. Every time you see him he wins you over with that emotion and that quality and that realness. He lets you inside who he is as a person, you know it's very Steamboat-esque, in a way, that level of emotional connection to a talent that takes you and really invests you in him as a person and a character. His growth curve has been phenomenal, he had all the tools, but to see him do what he's done in a relatively short period of time is awesome and I can't wait for him to get that opportunity on the [main] roster."


Seth Rollins interview:


On being a better champ than Brock Lesnar...

"He's in a different situation. You're entirely right that if I cash in on him and become the Champion, I'll be there every single night, every single live event, every single Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown and every Pay Per View. He's in a different place right now and that's not the kind of schedule he wants to keep at his ripe old age but that's neither here nor there and that's not my call so I just do what I can to make the best of my situation and try not to worry about what he's up to."

On CM Punk to UFC...

"Punk is a goal oriented kind of guy and he's very driven, very focused, very passionate about what he puts his mind to and if he's in love with something he'll go after it 100%. He's never had any experience from what I understand in an Octagon, I know that's not going to sit too pretty with too many of the UFC fighters who have really worked their butts off to earn those contracts but Punk is a draw and he will prove that I promise you that when he fights people will pay to see it. As far as how well he's going to fair, I can't make any predictions. I'm not one to doubt the guy, he may pull through but he also may end in some sort of chokehold that he regrets. Either way I'm going to pay to see it and I think that's the whole point."

He also discussed his pride at being mentioned as a star of the future by Vince McMahon, and being involved in Sting's long awaited debut.


Finn Balor:


Finn Balor did not wear his body paint at last night's tapings, probably for continuity reasons, they tape a number of episodes at once and put them together later, quite often chopping and changing running orders and skits, he will still don the colour at big events though.


Kamala:


Kamala was released into the care of The Bird Man Koko B. Ware for Thanksgiving, and is reportedly still living with him, as he recovers from further bouts of illness.


Foxy goes to school:


Alicia Fox has enrolled to go back to school, where she will study anthropology.


WWE Network:


WWE are promising new content for 2015...

"The thing that gets me the most excited is the new content we're going to create for the Network. Now we haven't announced it yet, and I think my boss would kill me if I chose the UBS conference to announce the new content, but I'm personally excited about what's coming, so those announcements, those programs going on there, which to us then leads to in terms of what investors should be focused on is the acquisition and retention of subscribers. So that for us is a key part, seeing continued growth in the subscriber base globally is absolutely a core priority."


Jeff Jarrett interview:


On leaving WWF in 1999...

"During those times they were called the Monday Night Wars. I went to WCW for a year and back and it was just because there were better offers on the table contractually."

On Vince McMahon...

"He has no fears; he's the best marketer and promoter the business has ever seen, his track record speaks for itself. He went national after purchasing his father's business in the 80's and he just went about it in the best way possible. He's a smart guy, a workaholic and even though he'll make you work hard, too, he'll reward you very well. I respect him as much as anyone."

On his best match...

"I had a series of matches against Shawn Michaels in the 90s that I'm proud of. Just three or four years ago I had a lot of great matches against Kurt Angle. Earlier in my career I had some tag matches with Jerry Lawler that were a completely different style than today. Really early in my career, I had some matches against Curt Henning that were very, very special. It would be hard to nail down just one though."


Your'e FIRED!!!:


Naomi has confirmed she is no longer a part of Total Diva's, adding it was not her choice to leave, Summer Rae was also dropped, as she missed so much filming time for the next series, due to making a movie with The Miz.


WWE vs Macho Man:


WWE brushed over much of their issues with Macho Man during his DVD, putting his refusal to return down to his objection to the Nacho Man skits, especially one where they portrayed Hulk Hogan and Miss Elizabeth in a romantic situation. They also concede that Triple H calling Macho Man and Hulk Hogan ''Dinosaurs'' during the DX days was the final straw for him with the 'E'.


CM Punk:


Sorry, we didn't manage to make two days running without him popping up...

UFC announcer Joe Rogan was reportedly being lined up as CM Punk's first opponent, as a kind of showpiece match, but he refused, saying there was no way he would pass the drugs test.

No comments:

Post a Comment