Thursday, December 11, 2014

Today's News

Wrestling women featured:


Magazine Playboy will feature a special on the 25 sexiest women in wrestling history, the top 5 are Stacy Keibler, Sunny, Trish Stratus, Kimberly Page and Torrie Wilson, with the list rounded out by AJ Lee at #25.


Legendary team to reunite:


Booker T wants his last run to be with his Brother, Stevie Ray, in a reformed Harlem Heat...

"I always say I want to end my career as I started my business and that was all because of my brother, Stevie Ray. I want to put on those tights with my brother right by my side against the Dudleys, the Nastys', even with the Young Bucks."

He also said he was glad to finally see Sting in the WWE.


WrestleMania 31:


Taker will be involved at WrestleMania 31, but it won't be that dream match so many have hankered for. WWE have put forward a creative plan that would have him work a match with Bray Wyatt at the show, if he is able, if not he would make still make an appearance, as WWE pay him a seven figure salary for that one night a year appearance, and they would want to get something for their money.


WWE sabbaticals:


Zeb Colter has been struggling with his mobility for a while, so WWE wrote him out to get the surgery he needed, and Diego has asked for time off the road, and permission has been granted.


I'm leaving... eventually:


Despite rejecting a one year TNA deal, Brittany will work the next set of TV tapings for TNA, continuing a feud with Gail Kim.


Mike Tenay:


Mike Tenay has a one year deal, and will stay with TNA in some form, but will not be lead anchor of their shows, he will also not be going to GFW, despite Jim Ross personally calling TNA officials to ask for him to be his co announcer for their debut show. TNA rejected the request out of hand.


Alberto Del Rio:


CM Punk may not be the only former WWE star making the switch to MMA. Bellator have made an approach to Alberto Del Rio. He has not made his decision public, but will work for ROH in the new year.


NXT:


Tonight is R Evolution, a WWE Network special.

Final card...

NXT Title Match
Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville...
(If Zayn loses, he will quit NXT.)

NXT Tag Team Title Match
Simon Gotch and Aiden English vs. Kalisto and Sin Cara

NXT Women's Title Match
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte

Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs. The Ascension

Kevin Owens debuts

Corey Graves will make an announcement on his future.


Game:


WWE and Warner Brothers have teamed up to launch a mobile phone game.


Bubba Ray to WWE:


Bubba Dudley has discussed a possible WWE return...

''What's next or who's next? (laughs) I don't know what's next, I'm just gonna let it happen. I am so happy with my career and what I have accomplished that if my career ended tomorrow, I could walk off into the sunset with a huge smile on my face. However, because of the success of the Bully Ray character, I'm hearing a lot of people clamoring for me to go back to the WWE to try to see if Bully Ray could do something over there. Personally, I think I could. I think it'd be a lot of fun. If I were to go back to WWE either as Bully Ray by myself or to finish out my career with D-Von as Team 3D, I think both things could work. I think the fans, first and foremost, want to see it. They have been very active on Twitter and social media saying "We want Bully Ray in WWE" or "We want Team 3D back in WWE". Like I said, if it's right, maybe it'll happen. But if it didn't, I still go out with a huge smile on my face. I tweeted last week that "I'm the 1 who can defeat the 1 who put the 1 in 21-1." I'm confident in my ability in the ring and I'm confident in my ability on the mic. So from a physical standpoint, Bully versus Brock [Lesnar] would be very interesting. And a verbal battle on the microphone, could you imagine Bully Ray and Paul Heyman?''.


Hall Of Fame:


The secret is out, WWE are collecting memorabilia for a physical Hall Of Fame building. The latest item they secured was the original WWWF championship belt, which after being discovered in the possessions of Johnny Barend after his 2011 death, was sold to an MMA star, named Dan Lambert. Lambert was very reluctant to lose the prized item, but has been given a number of other original championships in it's place. He was not so discreet about the matter when quizzed, he told reporters what the WWE wanted the belt for, and said he was aware of other items they had managed to secure for the same purpose, from other collectors.


E&C:


Edge and Christian will be on the final Raw of 2014.


Don't cross the boss:


Charlotte's WWE debut did not go as planned. Initially a tag bout was booked, in which Charlotte was to get the winning fall for her team, however time constraints meant they went with a singles bout instead, Triple H, and her opponent Natalya felt it was right for Charlotte to get the debut win, however, Vince did not agree, and changed the result as they were going through the curtain.


Issues for Punk's new job?:


A number of state athletic commissions, namely Nevada and New Jersey, have raised concerns about granting CM Punk a licence to fight, due to his lack of experience, the rep from New Jersey said...

"We would really have to look at this very closely. We would have to take a close look at it. Normally, we require some type of background as either an amateur or a professional. This would certainly raise a red flag."

And the man from Nevada...

"I would say that it would behoove him to get some amateur fights. Get some amateur fights and get some experience."


TNA man try's out:


Crimson is working a one week WWE trial at the PC this week.


JR slams American wrestling, pops for GFW:


"I think GFW has the chance to be very successful because the North American fan base are not getting what they want," JR said. "Social media would indicate such. Empty seats indicate such. Small attendance indicates such. The professional wrestling product in America right now is not red hot. I wish it were! I wish every company that does this for a living was making money hand over fist, nothing would make me happier. But that's not the case right now. So you hope that Global Force Wrestling is paying attention to the fact that today's genre isn't cool and isn't giving fans what they want across the board."

No comments:

Post a Comment