Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today's News

Edge:


The WWE Hall Of Famer has thanked Former WW(W)F/E Champ Bruno Sammartino for being the first to call after he recovered from his recent neck surgery, he also thanked his doctors.


UK PPV:


A major announcement is coming about an international PPV for 2013, as I reported earlier this week, WWE were talking to officials from many of the UK's biggest arena's with the view to hosting a major PPV over here, WWE are working on making that PPV the 2013 edition of SummerSlam.

I always believed it would be too much to hope for, for a British WrestleMania 30 in 2014, and this probably kills that altogether, unless of course they are using it as a test event, to see the effect it has on advertisers, Sponsors, and TV Broadcasters, etc.

Fingers crossed...

But even if this is a one off, SummerSlam will be amazing in the UK as it was in 1992.

The Olympic stadium will not be the venue, it is not to reopen for 2-3 years due to re-development.

The favoured potential venues are...

* Wembley, London

* Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

* Old Trafford, Manchester

The PPV will be the showpiece event of the Summer European tour.


Mick Foley:


Mick Foley has revealed his WrestleMania moment...

“My match in 2006 with Edge was by far and away my biggest WrestleMania moment. Everyone wants to have a great match at WrestleMania, and I had essentially gone my career without having it, and so I was able to have a chance with a comeback match to come through big and we did.”

He also said his favourite character is Cactus Jack, but loved the later days of his Mankind character (Rock n Sock days).

“I think I really liked the matches that Cactus was involved in, especially early on when every night was the most important night of my career. But I also love the latter day Mankind, the guy that teamed up with The Rock and made everybody laugh.”

He ended by confirming that he wants The Miz on team Foley...

''If I can recruit the Miz, which I would really love because it would be good for the book.”


Linda on losing:


Linda McMahon has done an interview to discuss losing in her bid to be elected to the US Senate...

“I was sitting by myself, actually. I had just taken a moment to go upstairs and get my thoughts together on what I was still hoping would be a victory speech. I was just sitting there, going over my speech—clearly you have a concession speech as well, but you’re hoping that’s not the one you use. I wasn’t paying that much attention to the TV. This was about 40 minutes after the polls closed. Then I looked up and saw a check mark next to Chris Murphy’s name on ABC. I barely caught it out of the corner of my eye. I just thought, ‘Wow.’ I was stunned for a moment. I sat there for a few minutes on my own, reflecting on what the race had been. I thought about the thousands of people who not only had touched me but whom I had touched as well. All the notes, ‘Thank you for running. Thank you for showing me that it’s worth putting everything on the line,’ and things like that.”

She ended by confirming that She has no intention of running again...

“One thing I’ll continue to do is our philanthropic work,” she stated. “I’m not really focused right now on what happens next. I don’t really anticipate running for public office again. I think I’ve given that a really good, strong shot. At this moment, it’s not a consideration. Things can always change but it’s not something I anticipate right now.”


Raw:


Jim Ross has confirmed that a 3 man commentary team will work this weeks Raw, Michael Cole, Jim Ross and a returning Jerry Lawler.


CM Punk:


Has tweeted his pride in how far he and his fellow former indy greats have come...

“At the gym with @AntonioCesaro and @wwedanielbryan. Really proud of how far we’ve come. The secret to success? Hard work. No substitute.”


WWE wrestling President:


WWE have a posted a video on pioneer wrestling, and revealed that former President Abraham Lincoln was in the grap game...


Roddy vs Vince:


Rowdy Roddy Piper has responded to Vince McMahon's anger at his last WWE onscreen appearance...

“I read that Vince was angry at the last Piper’s Pit. Not a word was said to me. For the record, I DIDN’T WRITE THAT CRAP! #bemadatwriters”


NXT:


Indy star Mercedes KV will be known as Sasha Banks when she joins the WWE developmental group.


Tour ends:


WWE end their European tour in Portugal tonight.


Matt Hardy wins title:


Matt has won the Pro Wrestling Syndicate title from Kevin Steen in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment