Saturday, October 20, 2018

19/10/2018

Book changes story:


Booker T has changed his mind about only returning to the ring for his own ROW promotion...

"I can tell you, if WWE asked me to come back and do a match, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Preparation is the only luck I've ever had in my career, and if they asked, I'd be prepared."

He also told fellow wrestlers and fans that it is time to move on from the Hulk Hogan controversy...

"There is not a building for the Hall of Fame, but the Hall is a very real thing. When guys get a chance to go on this journey and thank those fans for that ride, that's extremely real. It means a lot for those of us who have gone on that journey, and Hogan is one of those guys who has gone on that journey. If people still judged me from what I did 30 years ago, I would not be where I am now. But someone, a guy by the name of Bruce Gasarch, trusted me. He said, 'Man, I'm going to give you a chance.' And that's all I needed. Now I still have my broom, and I carry it around to sweep up all the dirt and trash I've left behind in my past. Hulk is also going to have to carry that broom in his back pocket and atone for his mistakes. That's the only thing we can do as human beings. Was the reinstatement right, was it wrong? That's always going to be up for debate, but I think it's time to move on."


Nikki Bella:


Nikki Bella says she is pushing for a change of name for the WWE reality show 'Total Divas'...

"I mean, being an Executive Producer of Total Divas, we've had so many discussions about changing the name of the show and unfortunately the way network TV is, you can't just change the name one day." Nikki explained, "so they have felt that people will still be connected with it even though it is called Total Divas. I feel the opposite. I feel there's a huge disconnect because we've made that name so bad. And believe me, us girls in the past, I remember when we brought out the butterfly championship and we were all kind of like, 'oh…' I mean, we weren't expecting it. It's totally cute, but it wasn't what the women were craving. They were craving what it is now."

There is also talk of adding Ronda Rousey to the cast, to try to arrest the steep decline in viewing figures.


McMahon confirms Hogan is coming back:


Shane McMahon addressed Hulk Hogan on a radio show this week...

"He's an icon, that's for sure. He'll be back, I mean I grew up with Hulk, he's iconic. I'm not going to press stuff but I would assume he'll come back one more time, but we could talk about Trump, something less controversial."


Alum talks leaving WWE:


Lilian Garcia has disputed the claims of a former WWE star, regarding her WWE departure...

"Something that very much upset me was… it's a certain book that was written by somebody that used to work for the company. I don't even want to mention their name. But they mentioned how they felt that I left after 10 years, so I could go and have my singing career and that I didn't care about the [pro wrestling] business as much as they cared about the business. Yeah. And I was like, 'man, and I helped this person so much,' by the way, that I was like, shocked. I love the business. I would not have stayed in the business for 15 years if I didn't love the business." Garcia added, "I love this business. For anybody to tell me otherwise, no way."


NXT Germany:


WWE are planning their next international expansion. WXW in Germany will soon host a 4 day tryout camp, led by Robbie Brookside from the PC. This is following the formula they used in Britain, and will have the same long term goal of launching an NXT expansion in the country.


New baby:


Santino Marella has welcomed a new son, Marko, into the world.


Brother Love talks creative low:


"This is a prime example of what happens when you don't start with the finish. What I mean by that is when you write a book, or you go to a movie, no matter what it is, if you are creating it with ending in mind you have to know that this is going to be the way to end it. Everything from the beginning, middle and end gets to the big finish. When they ran Steve Austin over they had no clue whether to get rid of Steve. They figured that we would figure it out when we got there. Along the way when we got to the point of getting hit with the car and who it was who ran him over with the car, everybody had an idea, which I don't even remember who came up with Rikishi, and Vince McMahon loved it and thought that no one was going to guess that. Well, of course nobody was going to guess that because it makes no sense for Rikishi to be the guy who ran over Steve Austin, so then we force fed the whole storyline. Not a bright spot during our creative tenure during this time."


Charlotte Flair reveals why she won't appear on TD:


"For me, my character has always come first and foremost and how far I want to take the women's division. I've worked so hard on this character and I'm not sure lifting the curtain is the right move right now. Especially when I first started and was a bad guy, people believed I really fired my dad! I just don't know how that would have helped with my storyline. I almost think there's a mystique to not knowing everything about me."


New title:


NWA have unveiled their new National Championship (Photo). It will be debuted at their 70th birthday show.


Ronda Rousey:


Ronda Rousey has received praise for her promo on Raw this week, which she wrote herself. It has also been revealed that Paul Heyman has been tasked with producing her angles, and that they work closely together.


New company?:


A story has been picking up steam in recent days regarding a new wrestling company. Jim Ross and Chris Jericho have reportedly been working on the project together for some time, but this week, were said to have landed a major financial backer and were about to announce a TV deal. The rumoured home for the new company, AXS,  have though ruled themselves out of having any interest, due to their existing partnership with NJPW.

Jericho, himself, took to Twitter to mock the story.


Evolution:


A number of legends have added their name to the Evolution Battle Royal.Michelle McCool, Alundra Blaze, Ivory, Molly Holly, Kelly Kelly, and Maria Kanellis. Who was announced with the rest of the ladies, even though she is on the active roster.

Ric Flair will also be at the event.


Reunion:


Billy Kidman got a nice surprise in Australia. He reunited with a lady he had first met as a child in 2002 during a WWE show. She was battling cancer and attended Global Warming, a live special in the country, as a fan. She was back in the crowd at Super Show Down, and  a reunion was arranged and filmed for the WWE Network.


WWE on TV:


Rusev and Lana have filmed an episode of 'Drop The Mic'.


You shouldn't wrestle if...:


Dolph Ziggler has shared his views on wrestling mentality...

"No matter what situation you are in, I have given this speech to several younger guys in the locker room on several occasions. Even with so many superstars, so many stories, so many things going on, even when you are in the middle of something huge, something awesome, or you become a monumental champion or you become a world champion, the second it is not all about you, the second you are not making these great gains because of things that are out of your control, the fans turn on you and that is really sad because your whole life is going to be filled with disappointment," he said. "This is show business and entertainment. You want to be the champion, then you want to be the best champion of all time, then you want to be the best talking, walking, living breathing specimen. You don't always get to do that and in 13 years, 12 years combined have been getting punched in the gut physically and verbally, and one of those 13 years it has been for the most part the most positive thing you can get, so even when things are going great you think that you should be deserving and wanting better and you always will otherwise you shouldn't be in this business."

No comments:

Post a Comment