Saturday, October 20, 2018

20/10/2018

Snowflake era:


Headshrinker Samu says today's wrestlers lack the toughness of his era...

"That it wasn't so much of a gimmick. We are as tough as people thought we were. The kids were scared because they thought we might eat them, and we might. But we take it seriously when we go out there. A lot of people today, it's so different than it was back then, we used to beat the hell out of each other and enjoy it, and some guys nowadays are afraid they're gonna break a nail and can't go to the gym and workout. We had a lot to hold on to back then, but we're still hanging in there."


NJPW mess up:


NJPW launched an attack on social media users during their last show, including getting a popular Twitter account suspended. They have conceded they were wrong, and are re-evaluating their copyright claims against a number of accounts on various platforms. This is because of the drop in the social media reach of their programming as a result.


Tanaka talks iconic match:


Pat Tanaka of the Orient Express has talked about the iconic Royal Rumble match in 1991 vs the Rockers. A match booked to last three minutes, that was stretched out to be a 27 minute match of the ages (And quite possibly my all time favourite tag team match, ever)...

"When we put our finish together for the first three minutes we didn't think we'd have to stretch it for twenty-seven minutes. But it is like when we faced Legion of Doom it didn't look right. They had five-hundred pounds on us and it looked ridiculous with us working them but when we did work with them it was the chemistry that was incredible and it was so much fun to work with them and I loved taking those fast bumps and that kind of stuff. Pretty much everybody that I remember stood up on their feet and started clapping because pretty much we couldn't breathe when we came to the back and it was just so crazy how out of breathe we were that I couldn't even talk and so blown up. But I remember that everybody was just saying what a match it was and that is something that is rarely said to you."


Miz talks respect:


"I will never get the respect I deserve, because I was on a reality show. Whenever you're on a reality show, you're the scum of the earth. You have no talent, you're a nothing and you deserve nothing. That's the way I've been brought up and how I feel people look at reality. Do I look at it that way? Absolutely not; I thank my lucky stars I was on a show like The Real World on MTV and I thank them for putting me on that show because it gave me the ability to say 'I can do anything I want with my life.'"

Miz & Maryse are spending this weekend at the United States Formula 1 Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment