Sunday, January 26, 2014

Today's News

It's the most wonderful night of the year... I love the Royal Rumble 

Before we start, would you like me to bring a PPV live update feature onto the page for tonight's Royal Rumble?, basically I will post what is happening as it happens, match order, any high spots, results, and running order and eliminations in the Rumble match etc. If not I will keep it over on Shaggy's Wrestling Page.

Comment below...


AJ Styles blames opponent for accident:


AJ Styles says Roderick Strong was to blame for a recent ring accident, in a match between the two...

''As far as I know, he's okay, he's fine. He didn't seem real badly hurt at the time after the show. I think he's okay, but I haven't heard anything. I can tell you this - the same way that I've been giving it for thirteen years is the same way that I had done it on Saturday. Everything was great on my part; there was no slip, there was no accident by me. There was nothing that I did that went wrong. If it sounds like I'm putting all the blame on Roddy, it's because I am. He would probably tell you the same thing. It's probably one of the safer moves in wrestling to take. I don't know if Roddy freaked out, I don't know exactly what happened. It's not a reckless move. Sometimes people do crazy things that you don't expect, and that was one of them. There's one way you don't want to tilt your head, and that's forward. You can tilt it any other way you want, except forward. Any time you take a face bump, you know not to tilt your face forward.''


Sin Cara interview:


On Hunico taking over the gimmick...

''It's something that's not his fault. We traveled together when I was in the WWE and he was a very nice person.''

On refusing to speak English...

''I don't speak it. The truth is, I don't like that language, I can speak Japanese to you all you want. Before I wrestled as Mistico, I wrestled in Japan for two years and I love that language and I keep studying it. I never studied English, I don't like the English language. You shouldn't need to communicate in the ring, the wrestling should do all the talking. The fans need to feel like everything isn't planned ahead. Not knowing English didn't scare me.''

On incident with Prime Time Playaz...

''I wasn't scared when Darren Young and his partner Titus O'Neil told me I didn't know any English. During a match I slapped him and said, "I don't need to know English, I am a wrestler not a clown!. I may be an acrobat, but this is my job." Rey was in my corner and he thought I kicked him, but when he saw me slap him more times he told me, "you wanted to destroy him didn't you?"

On WWE wasting his talent...

''It's shocking WWE never did more with my image. It's an image that sells more merchandise than many wrestlers who've been in the WWE for years. My action figures, my shirts, sell more than many of the wrestlers who have been in WWE for years. In December, my merchandise was the second best selling only behind John Cena. I read some of the comments on WWE.com that said why isn't Sin Cara in storylines, his merchandise sales are only behind John Cena's.''

On The Rock...

"Rey Mysterio and The Rock are the most noble people in the WWE... One day I was at a gym working out near an arena and The Rock came up to me and gave me a hug. I was surprised. He's always with his hood on and with his earphones. He has told me he likes my work. That's a moment I will never forget, I never expected something like that, especially from someone as huge as The Rock."

Personal Note, I feel bad for any star who fails to make it at WWE level, it is the pinnacle of the industry, whether your a fan of the E or not, that is an un-arguable point IMO, but for him to blame others for his failing's is at best unfair and at worst delusional. Slapping PTP and telling them he is no clown, I have seen a 10 minute blooper reel that says otherwise... And refusing to speak English... If you live in a English language country, and work with speakers of that language it is common sense that you will have to make an effort to learn it, you don't have to like it to use it.

I see what WWE mean by his being impossible to work with.


Royal Rumble:


Kevin Nash has checked into the WWE hotel. And Gene Snitsky is also in town, he visited a live event last night. Hmmm...

The Final Card is...

* Randy Orton vs John Cena (WWE World Heavyweight Title)...

* Big Show vs Brock Lesnar....

* Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt...

* 30 Man Royal Rumble Match...

The Rhodes Brothers vs The New Age Outlaws (Tag Team Championship) (Pre Show match)...

Ricardo Rodriguez will be on the Spanish announce team.

Post your predictions in the comments section...


Chavo Guerrero remembers the birth of John Cena's rapper gimmick:


"One time, and this is a true story, we were in South Africa and [Cena] started battle rapping. He started rapping with someone and it was awesome. He went five minutes just talking about things around the room. And we were like, 'Oh my gosh. Where did that come from?' Tommy Dreamer heard it and Tommy took it to Shane McMahon and Shane McMahon heard it and took it to Vince McMahon and next thing you know he's a rapper on TV…and he had already been with us six months or so. Slowly but surely he just became John Cena the superstar."


Injuries:


Charlotte returned from an injury lay off last night in a match vs Bayley.

And Daniel Bryan got in the ring for the first time since his concussion at a live show last night.


Goldust rules out facing Cody:


"The dream match I did have I do not anymore at WrestleMania. So right now I want to continue to be the WWE tag team champions and have someone big step up to try to face us at WrestleMania. I think we need to try to be on that card and put on one hell of a show."


Hulk Hogan:


Hulk Hogan is confirmed to appear at WrestleMania 30, but his role is not known yet. He will not be able to get physical though, doctors have told him, he will not even be allowed to throw punches, never mind have a match or hit his finisher.


Lita:


Lita has taped an appearance on ''Tattoo Titans'', the episode will air on February 13.


TNA Hall Of Fame:


TNA will induct Kurt Angle into their Hall Of Fame during the UK tour. He refused to be inducted last year following an arrest and stint in rehab.

The induction will take place in London on February 1.


Matt Hardy on the future of wrestling:


"The wrestling industry is looking for something to spark it again. It's looking for the next act to make it exciting. In the 80s it was Hulkamania and Rock n Wrestling. In the 90s it was the Attitude Era with Stone Cold, The Rock and DX while on the other side WCW had the nWo. I would suggest to the promotions is to make a sophisticated product that doesn't insult fan's intelligence. For many, many years various promotions have had the attitude that 'It's just wrestling. The fans will buy it.' I don't think wrestling competes with other wrestling programs now, it competes with the great dramas on TV now: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead. Sure it's a fictional show with zombies, but it sets parameters so you know how the Walking Dead universe works, and they stay very consistent mythos. It's good storytelling that does not insult the fans' intelligence and I think wrestling has to follow that lead."

No comments:

Post a Comment