Saturday, January 25, 2014

Today's News

Sin Cara vs WWE:


Luis Alvirde has confirmed that he has been released by WWE, but he may have scored a huge victory over his former employers. He claims he owns the rights to the name and likeness rights of the character Sin Cara, and is demanding that WWE stop using the gimmick. This is the apparent reason for Alberto Del Rio unmasking Hunico on Main Event this week. Alvirde says that that is the last time WWE fans will see the gimmick on WWE TV.

It is not clear if Alvirde is trying to force WWE into reopening talks, or if this is just his final FU as he departs, but WWE will not be happy, they planned on keeping the character, blaming the performer for it's failing's not the gimmick, if Alvirde has his way, it seems they will have lost both.

Here is what he said...

"I am the owner of the persona of Sin Cara. I say it openly because it's all on my side, in my favor. I think that it's best left to lawyers because I am the owner of the persona I am the owner of the [character's] image and I have proof."

The interviewer then made a valid point about WWE's history of wanting complete control over names and likeness rights, to which he replied...

"That depends on how the wrestler work their deals. I'm not here to talk bad about anyone. I've always been a person that goes the route of peace. I'm not going to fight with anyone or any company. I'm not saying that because I'm scared to fight a big company. No, Why would I? Everyone knows that the original Mistico went on to be [the original] Sin Cara in the WWE. So that we would not have any legal issues with CMLL, I automatically changed my name and my persona and continued on with my registered persona."


WrestleMania 30:


Six matches are set for this years WrestleMania (Possible Rumble SPOILER!!!).

* Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus...

This would be the third time they have butted heads at Mania, and would likely mean Sheamus returning heel, after his injury lay off ends.

* The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar.

The Undertaker's match is locked in, Brock Lesnar is the most likely opponent.

(OK... Shaggy... Try not to mark out for this one...)

* Ryback vs ?

Ryback vs Goldberg is almost certainly dead, due to the former WCW man's financial demands. WWE have lined up another opponent for him... The Ultimate Warrior...!!!.

Warrior is said to have agreed to one more match as part of his Hall Of Fame deal, and that match will likely happen at Mania this year. Ryback is expected to be his opponent.

* John Cena vs Bray Wyatt.

This match was originally to be on the card, for the World Title before the unification of the top belts, then a tag match was planned involving Hulk Hogan, but that match can't happen, due to Hogan failing the WWE medical, so WWE have reverted to the one on one match idea.

* Randy Orton vs Batista (WWE World Heavyweight Title).

Meaning Batista would probably win the Royal Rumble match.

* Triple H vs CM Punk.

Richard Sherman has been approached to have a guest appearance at the show, but not a match.

Rowdy Roddy Piper has responded to the news of Hogan being unable to compete, by asking for a Piper's pit instead.


Scott Hall says never to WWE:


''Nope, nope, nope. I hope it's never offered to me. He's the man right now, that man being Randy Orton. I love to watch him wrestle. Randy and I have been tight since he was 22. If this was 10 years ago, it would make sense. But I'm 57. I don't want it offered to me because I'll do it. I'm 57, I want to stay strong and healthy.''


TNA:


FW4 have joined Dave Meltzer in claiming MVP will debut as the Mystery investor for TNA next week as their UK tour starts. He still denies joining the promotion.

Bully Ray is looking forward to the UK tour, as he is fan of the sports in the country, although not enough to get the name right... 

"I really am a fan of soccer for one reason and one reason only and that is the passion of the game," said Bully. "It is the passion of the fans, I don't believe that American sports can generate that genuine passion, I believed it's more forced in the United States."

The promotion have agreed a number of dates to tape Impact at Universal, but they may not be able to stay there long term, an announcement will be made in the future, the dates are...

MARCH 13 – IMPACT LIVE
MARCH 14 – IMPACT Taping
MARCH 15 – IMPACT Taping
APRIL 10 – IMPACT LIVE
APRIL 11 – IMPACT Taping
APRIL 12 – IMPACT Taping
APRIL 26 – One Night Only Taping
APRIL 27 – TNA Pay-Per-View Event
APRIL 28 – IMPACT Taping
APRIL 29 – IMPACT Taping
MAY 7 – IMPACT Taping
MAY 8 – IMPACT Taping
MAY 9 – IMPACT Taping

Controversial booker Vince Russo is reportedly back in the creative department.

The promotion are trying to resurrect a reality show following the life of Dixie Carter, they are looking for a distributor.


Royal Rumble:


WWE have released a video of the top 100 Royal Rumble eliminations, well actually 99, one of the clips they use is not from a Rumble match. The Mountie vs The Bird Man was a match on the 1991 undercard, although was not on the video release of the event, (In the UK anyway), meaning it does not count as an Elimination. WWE FAIL!!!



Den Of Geek have listed their top 100 moments.

SPOILER!!!...

Two names approached for a guest spot are 2 Cold Scorpio, WWE want an ECW link, and Tommy Dreamer cannot take a spot after returning to TNA, and Jimmy Wang Yang, whose place was arranged by his friend Batista.

20 spots are locked in, Wade Barrett has been announced, but is not advertised and 5 others are advertised but not officially announced. This leaves up to 10 spots available to be decided on the night.


WWE:


WWE are purging it's YouTube channel of content in preparation for the Network launch.

The promotion are also arranging a big launch party episode of Raw on February 24, the night the Network launches. Hulk Hogan, who some say will return at the Rumble, will headline, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash and X-Pac are also to be in attendance.

Kurt Angle is also expected to be back this year, but WWE medics do not expect him to be able to pass their medical, so are probably more likely to offer him a trainers role at NXT.

Sting will also be on the roster in 2014, talks are at a more advanced stage than they have ever been between Steve Borden and the promotion.


Hall Of Famer asks for help:


The Million Dollar Man is asking fans to pray for his Son Mike, who is in jail. (See yesterday)...

"Please pray for my oldest son Mike. He's been arrested again and is in jail. Pray that God would break his pride and he would grow up."


Ryback unhappy:


Ryback says he is offended by the return of Batista...

''I'm offended that he's back. I'm the one and only "Big Guy" in the WWE. I go out there each and every night. I work the full schedule. I do all the cool power moves that you don't see anybody doing anymore. I go out there and wrestle for 30 minutes, which you don't see a lot of 295 lb. guys doing. I take a lot of pride in being big and having a lot of endurance and doing things that not everyone can do. So Batista is back, and it's cool from a fan's point of view, and I know he has some lofty goals, but this is my time now. I'm not taking a backseat to anyone. So if we end up in the ring together, it would give me great pleasure to throw him right over the top rope.''


Turn delayed:


Roman Reigns will not be turning face at the Royal Rumble, WWE have pushed the turn back until WrestleMania.


How to get a WWE job:


A WWE insider has revealed how WWE find their talent, and what they look for...

"While WWE does look at indy guys in L.A., they must also remember that the non-wrestling athletes and models from the agencies in L.A. almost have a better chance at getting an NXT offer. This is actually beyond a proven fact as the most recent hires are Eva and JoJo, and the whole divas camp in L.A. last January was models with no wrestling experience. So if you train and are a worker in L.A., it's highly suggested that you work other states (Texas, Florida, all up and down the East coast) to help build your resume and get noticed as opposed to getting lost in the mix of models."


WWE Top 10:


Instant Replay's...



Seth Rollins takes the p*ss:


Seth Rollins is featured on TMZ today after revealing his ''Biggest mistake''. He was forced to roll under the ring to urinate during a match recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment