Saturday, November 17, 2018

17/11/2018

Starrcade:


WWE will air Starrcade this year, as a one hour highlights show on the Network.


Would Edge consider one more match?:


"Ah, no.Well, here's the thing: People as much as they want it, it's not going to be what they want. It's very rare. Especially when you get performers into their 40s and 50s, it's not an easy job. It's a very, very difficult thing physically. I personally think your body isn't meant to do it past 40 years old. It's just a really, really physically demanding, taxing thing. And I know people hop in and they do one-offs here and there, but I just think it's a matter of time before eventually, they are going to get hit with some kind of injury bullet, because it's not normal to do to your body, especially once you start getting up in middle age. So, hey, do I know A.J. Styles and I could have an amazing match, Seth Rollins and I could tear it down and have a classic, yeah, if it were me at 35, not me at 45. And not me at 45 not having stepped in a ring for eight years."


Nikki regrets:


Nikki Bella says WWE cameras following her breakup with John Cena has left a mental toll on her...

"There are definitely an emotional price to pay bringing it. I don't think the fans understand what we give them because at the end of the day we are still human beings so stuff still hurts, it can still make us very emotional. To be honest, this comeback was so soon for me to come back because very much my happy place I was able to share it with someone, but this was for the women, this was for WWE Evolution, so that was why I had to come back. There was a part of me where, when I had said yes, I wondered if I could handle it. At the end of the day I am a woman who went through a public breakup and it still affects me."


Heat on WWE star:


Shelton Benjamin posted a picture of a sticker attached to the back of a truck he saw,  and said it made him laugh, however members of the LGBTQ community accused him of mocking them with the image (Photo).


Million Dollar Man talks nixed World title run:


"I get asked that question a lot and originally it was discussed. It was discussed that I would somehow underhandedly end up in the last match with Hogan and screw him to win the title. But along the way it was almost like, I think people expected that because, as it is in wrestling, Hogan obviously after beating Andre, he was the man and he's the champ. WWE or WWF, you want primarily because you're catering to the kids at this point because it's family entertainment. You want your champion to be the good guy as much as possible. But there was the thought of having me screw Hogan and then have the run with Hogan. Usually a heel champion in the WWE, back then anyway, was somebody who was transitional. He either gets the belt and he drops it to the new babyface champion, or he drops it back to the guy that he beat. It was Pat Patterson who approached me and he said, 'Ted, here's what we've been thinking.' He ran all those things by me which I knew, which was the standard deal."


Celeb gets education:


David Arquette took a mauling in a death match that turned shoot last night. Nick Gage jabbed a smashed light bulb into the side of his neck, leading to him trying to force a pin on two quick occasions, to end the match. Gage wasn't having it, he kicked both times, so Dewey started to walk backstage, he changed his mind, returned to the ring and dropped to the mat for Nick to pin him. Nick wasn't ready to end it, he instead kicked him and picked up another light tube and swung at the prone actor. This time Arquette managed to block it, and it made him lose it. He grabbed a chair and threw it at Gage in a clear shoot, Gage though took the blow and judo suplexed him, then pinned him, whilst clawing his fingers into the open cut on his neck. He then celebrated and Arquette took the chance to rush to the back.


Surgery:


Cody Rhodes will have knee surgery in January and will be benched for 6 weeks.


NXT:


Tonight NXT are hosting their second War Games special.


Injury:


Jim Ross took a bad spill outside his home this week, and has suffered some nasty facial injuries.


ROH star staying:


Jay Lethal has signed a new deal with the promotion.


Ellsworth dropped:


At least one indie company have distanced themselves from James Ellsworth since the accusations of yesterday. Gillberg has been booked in his place at Robbie E's event this weekend.


WWE mock Alum's return:


Ken Shamrock has revealed he is returning to wrestling, leading to some top WWE stars, including Randy Orton and Big E trolling him online.

No comments:

Post a Comment