Friday, November 9, 2018

9/11/2018

Cody reveals how Stardust came about:


"Oh man, just in the worst way ever. We had a fun little run. We never wanted to team together, but when we did, it was successful. And we did stuff with The Shield and have Show involved. We did dad's last stand there in Buffalo and all that, so we found a lot of love and bond. When we've been together for a little while as a team, there is something cool about teaming with your brother. There's a very real dynamic and a protective element to it, but I think they just thought it was getting a little stale, so God bless her, Stephanie McMahon, just randomly blurted out in gorilla, 'why don't you paint your face like your brother?' And I'm looking, like, 'ah…' just trying to get out of the curtain, just trying to get out of the curtain, and then I saw the old man, I saw Vince just, 'yes!' And he came out of gorilla, headset off, and he gave me the creative services guys' info. Creative services is like a defunct brand. In a week, they make me all these cool designs and none of them look like Goldust and I thought, 'oh, this is great! I'm going to be a superhero! It was so cool. We paint your hair silver.' And as it got closer and closer and closer, Vince just kept picking the one that looked more and more like Goldust, more and more like Goldust, and I was just kind of like a Minidust by the end of it all."


Tokyo Sport talks WWE vs NJPW story:


Tokyo Sport have taken up the story of NJPW's Tetsuya Naito snubbing a WWE offer without even thinking about it. They further claim that 3 other talent for the Japanese promotion were approached by WWE in at the same time as Naito, and all rebuffed the American promotions advances in short shrift.


Zack scores world first:


Zack Ryder has been given the first three figures in the latest batch of Diamond Select Ghostbuster collectibles. The first of two sets of three figures based on The Real Ghostbusters cartoon are only available on pre order, but Zack managed to snag a pre release copy of each of the first 3.


Cat fight:


Ashley Massaro and Reby Sky are in a social media cat fight. Ashley posted a tweet saying that she had found a mixtape (CD) made for her by Matt Hardy when they dated whilst clearing out her garage. Reby took offense to her feeling nostalgic for her past relationship with her husband and retracted her claws.


Owen Hart:


A documentary is being made about the life and career of Owen Hart, fully supported and endorsed by his family, who have already taped interviews for the project, which is due to be released next year. Despite his family's long held feud with WWE the filmmakers are reaching out to WWE legends past and present to take part in the film.


Rodney Mack talks WWE racism:


"Every time you have a person of color that's good they don't give them a chance to show who he or she is and instead stereotype them. Either their pants are sagging down with one leg rolled up, talking s--t from the street like they're uneducated or the other extreme where they got motherf--kers throwing pancakes and their face all painted up."


Go(o)dfather:


Godfather has revealed why he was turned into the Goodfather, and that he hated the role...

"Vince fought for me and Vince would tell me, 'Charles, I'm fighting for your brother. I'm fighting for you.' But one of the things the networks hated besides DX was The Godfather," said Wright.

"The TV networks had a major problem with me and things I was saying and the things I was doing. It got to the point where I could only be on Saturday after 10:00 at night. I couldn't say this, I couldn't say that. I couldn't call the girls this. I couldn't mention this. It became this Godfather-lite, so that was the worst news I ever heard in my life about the character change. I was enjoying my job and having the time of my life. To take that away and make me The Goodfather, I took it personal. I tried to do the best job I could but it was not a happy time. I became the old, mean bear again, and I really disliked it."


Henry vs Hogan:


Mark Henry says Hulk Hogan has not done enough to win him over...

"I wasn't going to roll out the red carpet and start going to have dinner with him if he wasn't willing to do all the s**t that I said he needed to do. To start, he needs to go to some of these black universities, to these law students and let them grill him and own it and apologize. Not because you got caught, but apologize because you honestly feel remorse. He said that he found God and he touched my heart when he said that, because I know what God will do, so if God touched him, God will also say speak up, and when you reveal your past, you can go on in the future and I still don't think he's still completely revealed it."

No comments:

Post a Comment