Friday, April 5, 2013

Today's News

It's WrestleMania Week... 

To mark the run in to the big show in I am going to reveal my top 10 Mania matches, and why I enjoyed them, see if you agree.

3 - TLC 2 (WrestleMania 17), These guys took the Tag Division to unprecedented levels, and this match was the pinnacle of the Edge & Christian vs Hardy's vs Dudley's feud, it was an absolute war, and stole the show of one of the best WrestleMania cards ever for me.

John Cena turns heel before Mania:


Watch This...


He has actually today poured cold water on the rumours (See yesterday), saying it will have a negative affect on his charitable work...

"To sacrifice all that I do for a short-term story … it doesn't seem worth it"

Shane McMahon:


Has joined Twitter.

His first tweet was an up to date picture of himself.

Greatest IC Champ re-signs with WWE:


The Honky Tonk Man says he has signed a multi year deal with WWE, and released this statement...

"I am honored to be back with the WWE and am very excited to be teaming up with WWE again for some more Shake, Rattle and Roll,"

It is thought to be a Legends contract, rather than a rostered talent deal, but that may change as WWE are hoping to bring managers back, and he has done that before.

Mick Foley:


WWE have backtracked and Mick Foley's WWE Hall Of Fame induction will now be televised, they have not confirmed which induction will loose it's TV spot but I would guess Trish Stratus.

Ric Flair thanks fans:


...For the messages of condolence following his youngest Son Reid's death...

"I'm overwhelmed by all the love and respect my family and I have received this week. Thank you to each and every one of you."

Booker T confirms inductor:


Booker has confirmed his Brother and Tag Team Partner Stevie Ray will induct him into the Hall Of Fame on Saturday night.

He said...

"To have my brother induct me is the only way it should be. I followed my brother around when I was a little bitty kid. I wanted to be like him."

NXT Diva promoted:


Summer Rae will debut as Fandango's regular Dancer at WrestleMania this Sunday, and will be promoted to the main roster as a result.

Matt Hardy and Reby Sky release engagement vlog:



Landmark hit:


Antonio Cesaro is now the third greatest US Champion, holding the belt for 228 days, beating Chris Benoit into 4th place.

His next target is Shelton Benjamin's 243 days, then MVP's 343 days.

Maria Menounos responds to criticism re HOF:


She is defending the decision for her to induct Bob Backlund...

"I know some of you don't understand why I'm inducting Bob Backlund into the WWE Hall of Fame. Here's a quick history... I met Bob when I was 19-he starred in my movie, he supported me when I competed at Miss Mass USA pageant and I helped him run for congress. He's a dear friend of 14 years and I'm honored to be a part of this historic moment in his career and with the WWE."

Dolph Ziggler attacks The Rock:


"I don't want the cheers and the boos. I hope it's 90% boos letting them know that this "Once in a Lifetime" match is happening again and that I or someone else should be the main event. But, that's the great thing about the WWE Universe. They get to voice their opinions, they get to show their signs. And whether they like something or hate it, you're going to hear about it. I'm excited to hear it."

The Rock has defended himself from the heat...

"For the guys in the locker room, it has to be more than just, 'I'm ready to carry the company,'" Rock said. "It has to be, 'I'm ready to carry the company and then I'm ready to carry the company to places it's never been.' That's hard to do considering the precedent that's already been set."

He also explained why he came back...

"It's just an opportunity to give back to a business that I grew up in. A business that gave me a platform to entertain and provided me an opportunity to go after my dreams."

Ted DiBiase:


Ted Jr, says he is still struggling with a hand injury, but is desperate to get back onto the WWE roster.

Brock Lesnar:


Has refused to take part in any media commitments to promote WrestleMania.

Christian:


Will return to WWE ''Imminently''.

WWE raise money for Hurricane Sandy:


They raised $375,000 at a red carpet event last night, they held an auction.

Cena talks retirement:


"I'll be 36 April 23. I do actually, all the time. The more I get into the 30s, the more I convince myself I can't keep up with everyone here. I'm not there yet. I'm literally as strong as I've ever been."

Wade Barrett talks his biggest love:


"We come on tours over to the UK twice a year, but while I'm there it's non-stop and I don't get the chance to visit friends, let alone go to a football game. Fortunately my dad's a huge fan too and he sends me reports on the matches, so I'm fairly up to speed."

He is a Preston North End fan.

Ryback shoots on Goldberg:


When asked about a dream match vs Goldberg he told a fan that...

''Unlike Goldberg, (I) love this sport with a passion and won't walk away like Goldberg did.''

Bruno Sammartino tweets tribute video:



Diamond Dallas Page gives DDP Yoga exhibition:


Along with a much healthier Jake The Snake...

No comments:

Post a Comment