Friday, April 26, 2013

Today's News

TNA:


TNA have today launched a new website dedicated to the women of the company…

Hulk Hogan:


The WWE Hall Of Famer has been granted a temporary restraining order against Gawker, meaning they can no longer air his sex tape on their site, he still wants $100 Million in damages.

Goldust on Cody:


Goldust is again pushing for a one on one match vs his younger Brother, he now wants a backlot brawl 2 at SummerSlam this year…

‘’Yeah. WrestleMania 28, I was really pushing it for it that whole year. My shoulder was ready but the writers were like, 'Ahh, his shoulder's not ready.' So, I think they convinced Vince. But, it was actually brought to the table in the meeting because Cody didn't have an opponent about a month and a half out of WrestleMania 28. It was brought to the table and Vince just said no. What can you do? You can argue it or whatever, but that wasn't the direction they were going with Cody and I understood that. I tried it again this year via Twitter, but I got let go and stuff like that. Can't really do anything when you're not an employee of the company or under contract. Goldust has a great name and I think we built some interest up especially after the Rumble and the reaction I got at the Rumble. People just ate that s--t up. I thought that might lead to a WrestleMania 29 match. But, it didn't. Right now, I've always wanted to do WrestleMania, but I'm considering SummerSlam. Since, SummerSlam is in L.A. every year just about. I came up with the idea and actually presented it to Cody about the Backlot Brawl II. I haven't really pushed it as much, I just mentioned one little thing on Twitter. I'm fixing to bring that to the table and see if Vince would be interested in accepting Backlot Brawl.’’

Kurt Angle talks beating Lesnar:


He says he schooled Brock before a WWE show, when the two had an amateur wrestling match just for the boys, and he won easily…

"Definitely. Let's remember it was wrestling. A lot of people say oh, you couldn't beat him in an MMA fight. Well, it wasn't fighting. It was wrestling. I was a much better wrestler than Brock. He was big, strong, quick, smart, but his technique was a little more simplified. I was a much better technician. I beat him by technique. He weighed about 320 at the time. I was about 215 and I was giving up over 100 pounds. I had a fun time schooling Brock in front of the wrestlers. It was pretty cool."

TNA Impact SPOILERS!!! for 2 May:


* Chris Sabin vs Zema Ion vs Sonjay Dutt

* Rob Terry vs Robbie E, Jessie Godderz and Joey Ryan in a handicap match.

* Hulk Hogan promo.

* Kurt Angle vs D-Lo Brown in an "I Quit" Match. 

* Taryn Terrell and Mickie James vs Gail Kim and Tara

* Sting vs Matt Morgan 

Richie Steamboat:


Richie Steamboat is not likely to be one of the stars promoted to the main roster soon, not because he is undeserving, or not ready but he is currently benched with a back injury that is not yet close to healing.

Jay Lethal turns down TNA:


He says he turned TNA down for a one night only PPV match...

"I will admit, they called me for the first one, but I'm under contract with Ring Of Honor, so I think they got the hint and I wasn't called back for any of the other ones. I'm under contract, so there's nothing I can do anyway."

Jerry Lawler back in action:



WWE miss out on UFC star:


John Laurinaitis taking too long to return a phone call cost them the services of UFC fighter Roy Nelson in 2010 it has been revealed today.

New WWE show:


It is called Hangout, and is hosted by Howard Finkel. The Fink joins 6 fans and a special guest each week and discusses the week in WWE via a Google hangout. Here is the first episode…

No comments:

Post a Comment