Saturday, September 29, 2018

28/0/2018

WWE promote UK indie:


WWE have released a press statement promoting this weekends Progress event at Wembley. A number of their British and NXT stars will be involved.


Coolest dad:


Kofi Kingston placed #17 on this years 100 coolest dads list.


Wrestler banned from USA:


MYC star Nicole Matthews has been barred from entering the United States for 5 years. She was stopped at the border a few weeks ago, travelling from her Canada home, for an indie show, but was found not to be in possession of the correct visa.


Lita talks wrestling future:


"If you follow WWE at all, I think the one thing that is consistent is: you never know. As a fan and as a performer, each time I go in I look at it as a mom as I'm happy with my chapter outside of wrestling. But at the same time, every time I do go back, it feels like home and you just jump right back in. You go in with it being the idea of a one-time thing, but it's likely and potentially that the excitement of it or the crowd's response to it could turn it into something more than a one-off. Like my life in general, I just take it all as it comes. So, we'll see."


HBK vs Undertaker:


A creative leak from WWE has Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels penciled in for this years Survivor Series, although it may be pushed back until Royal Rumble 2019.


Hardy compound:


WWE are filming a Halloween special for their Network at the Hardy compound this weekend.


WWE star advised to leave company:


Renee Young says JR told her she would be better off away from WWE:


"Yeah, I do remember that! I think some of my skills and assets can be used in other roles... it's such a finicky thing... it can be used in other roles and that has happened to me throughout my career with WWE let alone what I've done outside of WWE, but, yeah, I'm just trying to roll with the punches, and sort of land in the right spot, and sort of navigate my career in the best way that I can. And when stuff falls in your lap, and when ideas come up, and things kind of change, I just sort of roll with things the best way I can, and keep my head above water and keep looking out for what the next best move is for me."


Abyss talks Undertaker snub:


Abyss still says he has no regrets in turning down a WrestleMania match vs Undertaker in 2006...

"No, I'm not going to say I wish it would have happened. If it would have happened, obviously it would have been a career highlight, no doubt. But it wasn't in the cards. I chose to stay with TNA and I've said it before and will say it again. TNA was and is my home. Impact is my home. This company has done great things for me, personally and professionally, over the last 16 years. This company gave me a home. This company took a chance on me when I was a relative nobody. They gave me an opportunity to build my name. They gave me the platform to show the wrestling world and the fans what I can do. This coming April I'll be in this business for half of my life and the majority of my adult life has been with TNA and Impact. There's nothing I'm more proud of. Sure, there's other opportunities but they just weren't for me. This is home. I was part of the ground floor of this place. I was one of the original members of this place. I was one of the guys who laid the initial foundation of this company and that's always been more important to me than anything else."


Alum coming home:


Batista will be on SmackDown 1000. WWE are reuniting Evolution for the 1000th episode party next month.


JoMo offers advice:


John Morrison has offered wrestlers who want to switch to acting some advice...

"Wrestling takes a long time and acting takes a long time. Both are very competitive. My advice is don't take yourself out of the game, which basically means to be patient."

No comments:

Post a Comment