Monday, February 5, 2018

5/2/2018

Indie debut:


Ricochet wrestled his first WWE match on the NXT live tour over the weekend.


Feud over:


Laila Ali says she no longer holds any animosity toward Ronda Rousey and wished her well in her new career...

"I think it's cool. I mean, she retired, right? She might as well move on and make it happen. I wish her all the best. She can wrestle, right? I wish her all the best."


Jinder mocks loser:


Jinder Mahal sent a tweet mocking the NFL player that cost him a win at last years Mania battle royal after his team lost the SuperBowl last night.


Alum returns:


Emma wrestled her first match since leaving WWE over the weekend.


Raw tease:



  • Reigns battles Wyatt in Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
  • Which Superstars will compete in the first-ever Women's Elimination Chamber Match?
  • What's next for The Miz?
  • The Bar is raised
  • "Top Guys" finally live up to their nickname



Reyturn:


Rey Mysterio has confirmed he is talking to WWE...

''I want to say that there is a big possibility that I will be back. We're figuring out what the situation is, you know from both ends. But there is definitely a positive feedback on behalf of the fans, on behalf of the WWE staff and behalf of myself man. I think we're possibly going to sit down and negotiate something where we can both work together and have a good time and enjoy.''


UFC worry about Rousey:


A number of UFC fighters are watching the Ronda Rousey situation closely. They have other talent that, like Rousey, would like to make the switch to WWE one day. One, Colby Covington, says he hopes she doesn't bomb and ruin the chances for others in the future...

"Hopefully she keeps that same persona and don't f**k it up for all the MMA fighters, I think she needs a guy like, you know, even a guy like Dan Lambert. That guy is one of the best most intelligent managers in the game, I mean, he'll s**t on Paul Heyman. If they had a little face off, man, Dan Lambert would take the cake, I guarantee it. You know, when we went to Impact, he was going off with Jim Cornette. They were going back and forth. Cornette knew what was up, he knew that Dan Lambert was one of the best heel managers to ever grace the sport of MMA or pro wrestling, so, she'd do well if she'd hire a guy like Dan Lambert."


Ellsworth reveals Slam match was pulled:


"After the Strowman thing, that was July 2016, so a couple of weeks later, I get an email, 'hey, there may be an idea for you for SummerSlam. I'm like, 'SummerSlam?' and he's like, 'yeah! It's the Barclays Center and you can drive there from Baltimore. From Baltimore to Barclays is three hours. So I'm like, 'cool' and I'm thinking that I'm going to be a part of SummerSlam. The Friday before SummerSlam, I get an email, 'hey, creative change - we don't have anything for you for SummerSlam. Hopefully, we'll call you soon.' I found out what happened months after that what SummerSlam was supposed to be. When Heath Slater, remember Heath Slater, he didn't get drafted to RAW or SmackDown? He was a free agent. He was trying to get a contract out of both. The idea was he was supposed to come out at SummerSlam demanding Daniel Bryan, 'I want a contract' and Bryan's trying to make it easy for him, 'alright, I'll give you a SmackDown contract - the only thing you have to do is beat this guy!' and it was me! And the idea was I was supposed to go over and win the contract! But what happened was Heath Slater ended up getting babyface reactions before then. He was getting over as a babyface in that angle, so they didn't want to do that."

He also talked AJ Styles saving his life...

"In practice, he's hitting me with the Styles Clash and it's a dangerous maneuver. I've never talked about this, I think. It's easy, yes, it's easy. In practice, he hit me with it fine, he picks me up for that, man, and, at first, I'm fine. And then, I just freak out! 'What's he doing? What's going on?' And then, he saves my life. Like, he made sure I didn't get hurt. From day one in wrestling school, 'tuck your chin, tuck your chin, tuck your chin' and we did it in practice. It's easy! AJ even tells you, 'you do nothing. I pick you up. You don't move. Like, AJ, the way he explains it to you it sounds so easy, 'dude, you don't do anything. Just don't move.' And it is the easiest thing to take. So the lesson to be learned is 'you can't be scared, man.' You can't be scared because it'll mess you up.' I don't know how AJ saved the day! Whatever he did, I think he might have put a knee down first."


Rock show:


Rock will host a new show called 'Titan Games' on NBC.


Heat on young UK star:


WWE have reportedly gone off Tyler Bate. The winner of the UK tournament and first UK champion upset the company last year when they asked him at the last minute to work a main roster live tour event. He refused because he had already made other plans. It is reported that he had the UK title taken from him as a result of that incident last summer and has been used sparsely ever since. He may have come out of it now though, as he has wrestled in the 205 tourney, number 1 contenders match for the UK and a headline match of an NXT episode vs Velveteen Dream in the past couple of weeks.


DDP vs Jay-Z:


TMZ have reported Jay-Z has trademarked the diamond hand gesture used by DDP. They say the wrestler should have done it himself. He sent them the paperwork to prove he did just that and already owns the rights, further reminding them that he had sued the rapper in 2005 for trying this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment