Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Today's News

Tough Enough:


Patrick was the fifth elimination from the show, after being put up by Paige. He was considered a strong favourite, but has gotten under the skin of a number of people.


Patrick said of his departure...

"I thought it would be more wrestling related. I don't know if you saw what Mick Foley tweeted, but he said I made the mistake of thinking 'Tough Enough' was a wrestling show and not a reality show. I honestly did make that mistake. Five weeks was not enough time for me to fix it."

Mick Foley was furious with the decision, and says he will not watch anymore. He questioned whether WWE were looking for a new star, or were just hosting a personality contest.


WWE vs Punk:


Both Colt Cabana and CM Punk have had attempts to have the WWE lawsuit against them, filed by their doctor Chris Amman after CM Punk's anti WWE shoot on Colt's podcast, thrown out. The pairing have until August 24 to file counter suits, and the case will be heard in court within 28 months.



Hall Of Famer slams new divas:


Sunny says the three new divas on Raw are ''Buttfaces'' and lack talent. She says the only true diva in WWE right now is Lana, as the girls should not be in the ring, and the wrestling should be left to the men.



Darren Young is not gay:


Stephanie McMahon was asked why WWE do not promote the fact one of their stars is gay, she said because he is not, the performer is, not the character...

"Darren Young was the first WWE superstar to really come out as being homosexual, but his character in the show is not. At least, we haven't done anything with it either way — just yet."



SmackDown SPOILERS!!!:



  • Dean Ambrose vs Sheamus.
  • Adam Rose vs Neville.
  • Kevin Owens vs Rusev.
  • Bella Twins vs Naomi & Sasha Banks.
  • Cesaro vs Seth Rollins.

ROH star wants NXT:


Michael Elgin told Jim Ross his goal in wrestling is to get to WWE NXT.

WWE UK:


WWE will release The Beast In The East Network special as a UK DVD exclusive.

Bound For Glory:


TNA have confirmed Bound For Glory will be held in Charlotte NC, on October 4.

WWE star caught up in mid air drama:


Sheamus was a passenger on a plane that had to make an emergency landing in Colorado today. There was some kind of medical issue that affected a number of his fellow passengers. He admitted he was as scared as everyone else when the oxygen masks dropped from above.

Cody writes to his dad:


"So what do you want me to do now?? The head of the table is empty. I am not ready to let the sun go down on you. My compass just spinning madly. A few days after we lost you, I was tasked with the unfortunate duty of going through your cellphone to find various numbers, so that we could invite them to the service. And there it was… Your lock-screen. It was a picture. It was Stardust in a heated stare-down with The CW'S most valuable player Stephen "The Green Arrow" Amell.

"…Finish what you start Kid…"

And that's why I sent you know who Monday. And I'm sure when he drew that first line of paint down his face, his throat rised and his eyes might of watered a bit. Leave it all out in the ring, my gift to you. And I know the man who secretly wanted to pit himself against Joe Frazier after Starrcade 84' would get a real kick out of this.

So Dad, I hope you like what happens next, and…I hope the fans do too. Like Paul told you, they're not marks…they're customers. You said about them in 1978 (after you took those rose-tinted shades off to let them know you were serious…I know you) "making you happy, makes my dreams fulfilled"

When I "finish"…who knows?? Maybe Aubrey Sitterson and I will actually write a comic or two that people enjoy and feel something from. Maybe I will finally take your advice and "head West young man…" and get that manager you wanted me to get. Or maybe I will put a pair of wrestling boots and trunks in a bag (I promise to carry it on the plane, 1st rule) and ride the roads and pretend to be a cowboy like you.

That Stardust suit might end up in the closet next to that black&gold Midnight Rider mask (which you never told me why its even there to begin with…wait…you…no you weren't him…were you??)

I think you told me it was an Apache or Cherokee custom, that giving a knife was giving "the bonds of friendship" and giving it back was to cut them. So I have given a few from your collection to those two studs you watched your last Mania' with, your booking friend from NXT."

Daniel Bryan book interview:


Highlights...

On his first time making love with Brie Bella...

"We were naked and about to do our thing when all of a sudden we heard the sound of the door handle turning and then the door popped open. Bri jumped under the covers as Teddy and Sheamus barged into the room, inebriated as can be, wit the 'Ahhh fella!' and all that."

On the nixed match vs Charlie Sheen...

"He was going through a very public breakdown at the time, and somehow WWE brokered a deal for him to perform against me. He taped a couple of videos for 'Raw' insulting me, and even though it was a goofy match to be in, it would've put me in one of the top matches at SummerSlam. Unfortunately, whoever brokered the Sheen deal never got him to sign any sort of contract to do the event, and in typical Charlie Sheen fashion, he bailed."

On his argument with Triple H...

"Usually I don't get super angry, and when I do it's barely visible. This time, I was furious and I let everyone know it. When I walked through the curtain, I yelled, 'What the f--- is that all about. That's f---ing bull----!' 'You need to calm down,' responded Triple H, who had been communicating with the doctor over the headset and called for the match to be stopped. 'No, you need to calm the f--- down,' I replied. We were up in each other's faces and both ready to fight."

WWE sign young fan:


Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have invited a young boy, who had sent in a video applying for Tough Enough, to Raw to sign a WWE contract on August 3. He was given a Money In The Bank case, and chose Stardust as the wrestler he wanted to preside over the contract signing, which will be in the ring during the broadcast.

WWE drop plans to re-hire team:


WWE had been planning on bringing the Dudley Boyz in, initially for a one off match at an NXT taping, but Bully Ray's recent TNA return has caused them to lose interest in their services.

WWE vs ROH:


There is real bad blood brewing between WWE and ROH after Jushin Liger agreed to work for WWE in direct competition with an ROH show, he may have worked as part of their talent exchange deal with NJPW. Further to this WWE are reportedly contacting venues that ROH use, offering to book them for NXT shows, if they drop ROH as a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment