Saturday, July 26, 2014

Today's News

Million Dollar views:


Ted DiBiase says WWE are returning to old fashioned values, and it is good...

"I went back to work for them for a short time back in '06, and they said, 'Watch the shows tell me what you think,' and I said, 'Everybody's the same.' You know, back then I said, 'Everybody's bald head, tattooed, trying to be Stone Cold Steve Austin.' When I was there, it was a variety of characters. You had the guy with the snake, you had the rich Snidely Whiplash - me, and then you had a hillbilly, you had a sumo wrestler, you had all these characters. To now, nobody wears a ring jacket anymore, everybody looks the same. So I think they're starting to get back to that and that's good."

He also believes The Undertaker's WrestleMania defeat was a botch...

"My personal feeling is that wasn't supposed to happen. I don't know for sure, I hadn't spoken to anybody that night, I haven't spoken to anybody since but, I was told, somebody said that when 'Taker when he got back through the curtain, he collapsed. And I think that whatever the move was, I think he got knocked out and he didn't kick out because he was out. As I was watching it I saw the expression on Heyman's face I thought, 'Something ain't right.' So I really think that wasn't supposed to happen. If I were going to do it, the Streak was such a thing, a big deal with fans, I would either never beat him at WrestleMania or if I did beat him I would do it with somebody you're really gonna give a big push. Obviously, Brock's great, but he didn't need it."

Personal note...

That is exactly what I said at the time re Brock, didn't make sense to me then, and still doesn't...

Goatbuster:


Daniel Bryan detained a burglar at his home on Thursday. He and his wife Brie Bella were returning to their Phoenix home in their car when Daniel noticed his back door was open, he stopped the car and went to the house just as two men came running out, he grabbed one, a 22 year old and slapped him into a rear naked choke hold and held him there until the cops arrived. The other baddie got away. The incident has received a ton of media attention in the local area, and during one interview Bryan revealed that the guy he stopped had a piece of jewelry left to him by his recently deceased Father, he became emotional as he shared how much it would have hurt him to have lost it. Brie Bella collected the items laying around dropped by the fleeing bandit during the five minute wait for the police to arrive, as well as Bryan's dad's bracelet from the guy pinned to the ground. Daniel later said that he was worried about a lawsuit from the guy he had pinned, but police assured him that he did not know who he was. Brie said during the press event that they had just moved into the home 10 days ago, and that their main concern was for their dog, who Brie had left home alone whilst she had driven the short distance to the airport to pick Daniel up from his appearance at comic con.

Daniel also revealed he has been contacted by his Doctor telling him he needs another surgery, because he has suffered a ''Double crush'' to nerves in his neck, he also admitted that he has lost half the strength in his right arm since the first surgery. He added that this incident did not cause any further damage to his body.

NXT down under:


The NXT trainers led by Bill DeMott will be going on the Australia tour to oversee the try outs of several Aussie stars.

WWE sued:


WWE have been served with a class action lawsuit over the misleading statements regarding their incomes for the new TV contracts.

Ricky Steamboat interview:


On never being allowed to go heel...

"I cannot come up with a main-event name who throughout their career didn't work as a heel or a face at some point. Not that I didn't try. Pat simply told me that it would probably ruin my career. I just wanted to experience what it felt like on the other side of the fence. As we all know, the heels have the most fun out there in the ring."

On his WWE status...

"I am under a Legends contract. I'm like a diplomat. I do appearances and autograph sessions and speak for the company. It's a great gig for me. I'm glad I'm still able to do this and still have some notoriety, to keep this old dog going until it's time to ride off into the sunset."

WWE top 10:


Brock Lesnar.


Jim Ross on WWE departure:


"My departure from WWE over the Summer Slam symposium in 2014 was a fiasco of misinformation and rumors allegedly spread by some perhaps with dubious character, agendas and with an overall lack of information. My side of the story will be told thoroughly some day to the chagrin of some and, yes, there are two sides to every story. But that was then....today is a better day with great things on the horizon."

Stop being popular:


WWE have demanded Cesaro stop doing the big swing because it was too over with the fans.

WWE future star:


Arthur, son of the late Umaga, who is currently playing american football has expressed a desire to join WWE in the future. He is 21, 6'2 and 335lbs. He says he wants to do US Football first, but if that doesn't work out, he will turn to wrestling.

TNA is better than WWE:


Robbie E has declared that ''WWE is not on our level'' in a UK interview, adding TNA have the best talent, hardest workers and have no ego's.

Kofi Kingston:


Booker T is not happy about Kofi joining the new group in WWE...

"You know, I got mixed feelings about it. They're forming this faction but I'm not sure exactly where it's going, especially with Kofi Kingston being part of it. Kofi has always been the ultimate babyface, the ultimate good guy and now I'm going to see Kofi with a dark hat on. I don't want to see that right there out of Kofi Kingston. So as far as exactly where it's going to go, I don't know. We're going to find out in the coming months, we're going to see if a couple more guys join that faction as well. So we'll see in the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment