Saturday, July 19, 2014

Today's News

TNA:


TNA have announced the return of Hardcore Justice on August 5 of this year, to be taped in New York.

BattleGround:


Final card, now confirmed for this Sunday...

WWE World Heavyweight Title Fatal 4 Way Match...

Kane vs. Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena (C)

WWE Tag Team Titles 2 of 3 Falls Match...

Erick Rowan and Luke Harper  vs. The Usos (C)

WWE Divas Title Match...

Paige vs. AJ Lee (C)

Battle Royal for the WWE Intercontinental Title...

Cesaro, Kofi Kingston, The Great Khali, Rob Van Dam, Dolph Ziggler, Big E, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Alberto Del Rio, Bo Dallas, Sheamus, Fandango, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder, The Miz, Diego, R-Truth, Xavier Woods, Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil

Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt

Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

Rusev vs. Jack Swagger

Pre-show Match...

Cameron vs. Naomi

Wolfie D:


Former Nation Of Domination rapper Wolfie D has entered WWE rehab.

Goldberg talks real feuds:


vs Chris Jericho...

"Absolutely. Why not? We'll do a co-promoted podcast where it should be aired on both simultaneously. Yeah. No big deal. I'm 47 years old, man, I don't hold grudges with people. If he's got a problem with me, say it to my face. Other than that, shut up, you know?. I very much appreciate him saying (He called him his bro) that. Until I talk to him face-to-face, which I haven't done since the B.S. went down years ago, which...it was ridiculous. It was the furthest thing from a fight that I think I've ever seen. But he knows the truth and I know the truth, and the reality is we're grown men, dude, we've got bigger and better things to do than [dwell] on a ridiculous little subject that people seem to bring up every couple minutes."

vs Scott Hall...

"The wrestling convention or the signings are not the place to show that I can punch somebody in the face. It's a place where the people can look at you as an idol, this big strong guy, but yet, at the same time, have a nice conversation with you, so you smile, put your arm around them and make them feel welcome. That's what you do at these autograph sessions. But, if Scott Hall mouths off to me, then they'll see the other side. This would be a rematch that he'd never book, believe it. He'd never sign it, because this one would be done in the street or at my gym, which I'd rather take it there, you know?"

Also on a WWE return...

"I've expressed my desire... well, not my desire, my willingness to maybe consider it again, but I've said it once, I've said it 50,000 times, once they learn how to do business, then I'd consider it. I'd love to do it too, man. I mean, like I said, I've said it before, I think the WWE and I will never see eye to eye, so I don't think [it] will be very logical, and I think the chances of seeing me elsewhere are between zero and zero, unless it's Japan or unless somebody comes out to be a competitor to [WWE], because I'm not just gonna do it to do it."

Natalya's faux pas:


Natalya has revealed she recently drunk dialed Stephanie McMahon...

"Nobody, including Steph, ever expected something like [that] to happen. It's something now that we laugh about. The lesson learned is don't ever go into 'Brie Mode!'"

The Rock movie:


Writer Alan Moore has urged fans to boycott The Rock's movie Hercules. He is upset at the amount of changes from the original comic book he wrote with a now deceased friend, and that his friend's name was being used against his wishes.

Rock has also revealed a scene in the movie made him black out 8 times. He was chained to a boulder and was strapped in so tightly that he dropped to his knees every time due to the physical toll the scene had on him. He posted a behind the scenes clip on his Instagram of this happening.

Colt Cabana talks WWE release:


"It was a bummer. I was having lunch with Trent Berreta & Tyson Kidd when I got the call. It was awkward for them I think when I told them. I definitely saw it coming as they weren't really using me that well, but the reality of the situation was a total bummer."

WWE Top 10:


Memorable debuts.



Dolph tribute:


Dolph Ziggler used Zack Ryder's finisher on SmackDown this week as tribute to his friend. Zack is currently working with Curt Hawkins at his wrestling school.

Heat on Flair:


WWE wrote Ric Flair out of this weeks SmackDown show.

WWE release Hall Of Famer:


The Dragon Ricky Steamboat was reportedly released from his WWE office job during the recent budget cuts.

Leaks change major Summer angle:


POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!

Strong speculation coming out of WWE suggests WWE are going to change their top summer angle, starting by removing John Cena as champion this Sunday at BattleGround, this has been stoked further as John Cena has been pulled from next weeks Raw, he was originally scheduled to appear to cut a promo explaining his absence for the following few weeks while he is filming a movie. The new plan would see WWE ''Pull the trigger'' on Roman Reigns and would mean the former Shield man would win his first title reign, and would then see him face Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.

END OF SPOILERS!!!

Sheamus:


Sheamus will have a guest appearance on Royal Pains this week.

Rock's return:


The Rock has discussed returning to WWE, and offered to go heel for a run with Roman Reigns...

"The one match three or four years ago that I started talking about with Vince then turned into a three year run. So who knows? I would love to go back and figure it out. After last year's WrestleMania the idea was I was going to set up a great match with myself and Brock Lesnar but then I got hurt so that plan got cancelled. He is now in plans to do something with ba da da da which I'm not going to say (laughs) but it should be a cool match. So whenever I do go back, if it is a match it's just got to be right in terms of who is the marquee value player that really makes sense and at that time when I went back John Cena was the number one guy in the world so we have to see."

On Roman...

"I don't know if that match makes sense now because he's not their top heel right now, so you would look at that. Unless I went in as a heel and he was a babyface."

Angle praises Punk:


Kurt Angle said he respects CM Punk more than ever after he quit WWE, although in a roundabout way. He said he never understood why Punk was so anti part timers coming in, as one day he may be the man coming back one more time, and he could not see Punk turning down a Mania main event for someone else's benefit. He says he later changed his view after talking to Jim Ross, and was made aware of the amount of injuries Punk was working with.

WWE super show notes:


WWE have booked 75% of this years SummerSlam card, the rest will be set shortly after BattleGround. They are also working on a spot at WrestleMania 31 involving the fans. They would ask fans to use the their mobile / cell phones to light the arena.

WWE react to TNA:


WWE wanted to bring back LayCool in response to TNA bringing back The Beautiful People, but as Michelle McCool is now retired, they put her with the star that most resembles McCool, Summer Rae.

No comments:

Post a Comment