Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Today's News

Former WWE man retires:


Tony Mamaluke, who also wrestled for WCW, ECW, TNA and ROH, announced after a match on Saturday that on what was the 15th anniversary of his first match, he was going to stop and move on, he removed his boots and left them in the middle of the ring.

Today he wrote a thank you to fans on his Facebook...

“Final thought, I would like to say that it was all so wonderful, that I have no regrets , that I made a lot of money and been famous. But not everybody can be. I was a good jobber in an era where there wasn’t any. I was a good hand when the era was all about me and not the show. Tonight I was Mamaluke for the last time and I am not bitter, broken or emotionally unstable. I survived. In the end I have to ask myself if the last 15 years were worth it. I will answer that question after time and reflection. 15 years to the day, my career began in a flea market with 3 people in the crowd. The show was cancelled that night for obvious reasons. Tonight I had one of my best matches in years. I finally got a chance to shine 15 years later. Thank you to my ECW family. I love you all. Guido, my brother, my friend I love you and will never forget all you have done for me. Frankie a better friend doesn’t exist. Dean Malenko you will always be my idol. To the fans, I don’t know if you ever quit got me but, if you did then thank you. Life is good, time to move on to a new chapter.”

John Cena:


Says he hates being labelled as the face of WWE, but wants to stay around for 10 more years, to help other stars reach his level.

As I reported yesterday some of the guys in the back would disagree, Kenny Dykstra has backed up Tyler Reks criticism of Cena today...

“Uh oh! @GabeTuft spoke truth, now cenation gonna cry lol.''

“@GabeTuft was a threat [to Cena], he looks impressive and has talent.”

Kelly Kelly opens door on possible WWE return:


In discussion with The Poughkeepsie Journal...

Phil Strum...

Life after WWE, how’s it going for you so far?

Barbie Blank...

It’s going good. I’m just relaxing at home. It’s nice to take a break and just be able to live a normal life and being able to do whatever I want to do.

PS...

Any desire to get back in the ring now?

BB...

You never know. Right now, I’m kind of healing my neck that was kind of a problem for a while. Just resting up and you never know.

She is currently filming a show for MTV.

Ric Flair to divorce:


Ric Flair will divorce for the 4th time, after his current spouse Jacqueline says her...

“Husband has had numerous intimate relationships with other women during the parties’ marriage, to the embarrassment and humiliation of wife.”

Stone Cold Steve Austin dig at Bruno Sammartino:


“Bruno is a legend in the business and his opinion is his opinion. I think he’s very closed minded about the Attitude Era. One thing I think he’s missing out on is the fact that it’s the entertainment business. Speaking from a Stone Cold standpoint, I went out there and I entertained and I pushed the envelope but when it came time to ring that bell in that 20 by 20 ring, I wrestled my ass off. I brawled and I fought and I gave the fans every bit of their moneys worth. Bruno’s opinion is what it is. When you look back at where the business was, it was a little slow. I can appreciate that, but you fast forward all these years and it’s a little faster and either you like it or you don’t.”

Raw:


A large number of fans had to trade in their tickets to last nights Raw, because of WWE's production set up, seats that had been sold to fans had to be removed to make way for the set, meaning fans had to queue up outside to get their money back.

Bobby Lashley shoot interview:


Highspots have posted a teaser to an upcoming shoot DVD interview with former WWE man Bobby Lashley...

“I’m a Pro Wrestler That Fights: Bobby Lashley Interview

Bobby Lashley is a guy who has all the ability in the world to become a big money draw MMA fighter but, in his heart of hearts he would rather call himself a, Pro Wrestler. To some wrestling fans Lashley was a guy who was handed the world of pro wrestling and threw it away for whatever reason.

Well, nothing could be further from the truth. Even before the cameras started rolling at the Highspots.com interview set Bobby saw and picked up a Junkyard Dog action figure and smile like a young child. Then when the cameras started rolling his passion for wrestling became self evident. Although, his love was almost unfulfilled when Lashley got caught in the crossfire of a bank robbery.

His injuries from that robbery may have kept him from the Olympic trials but it did not keep him from his WWE try out. Bobby was positioned to be a major player for the WWE in a very short time. From his Wrestlemania match involving Donald Trump to being one of the few wrestlers to ever feud with Vince McMahon.

Then one day Bobby was gone and the rumor mill started churning. Well, Lashley is speaking up and tell his side of the story on his release. We also tried to touched on Bobby’s MMA career but he quickly brought it wrestling because Bobby Lashley is a Pro Wrestler That Fights.”

ECW PPV:


WWE will air a 2 hour ECW PPV on January 7th, 2013, showcasing the greatest matches in ECW's history.

Raw SPOILER!!!:


WWE plan to have a Ryback vs Paul Heyman match on Raw next week, with CM Punk banned from ringside, Expect The Shield to get involved.

Hart house honoured:


Natalya Neidhart has announced her Grandparents home in Calgary, the site of the legendary Hart Dungeon, has been given Heritage status in the country of Canada.

Rey pulled:


Rey Mysterio, was pulled from Raw last night, tonight's TV's and all other dates on WWE.Com, no explanation as to why from either side yet.

WWE 2013:


Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett will dominate WWE next year, according to WWE insider's, it is felt it is time to blood fresh talent at the top.

Ryback interview:


On Goldberg...

"It's a great thing to be compared to somebody like Goldberg. So if we see a new guy come in and he reminds you of somebody else, you don't exactly take him in right away. I knew it was going to be a slow process, and it's been seven months, so it hasn't been that long, but we've already gotten away from the comparisons. Every once in a while we'll get some 'Goldberg' chants here and there but now they're drowned out by the 'feed me more' chants. I have nothing but respect for Bill Goldberg and what he did. He was the top dog in WCW back then, then came to WWE and had great success, but this is a different time now, and I'm a completely different animal than Bill Goldberg. We have some similarities, but I think as time goes on, people are going to see Ryback as his own man."

On Backstage incident with Brock Lesnar...

"Somebody told me about that, but it couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know where that came from. Paul Heyman is all about making money, he's a business man, and I wouldn't be surprised if he started the entire thing just to get people talking and see if there was any interest in it. It's definitely a match that I would love to happen. I don't know how long Brock is going to be around for with the WWE, but if the opportunity for us to square-off in the ring presents itself, I welcome it with open arms."

On Dream WrestleMania opponent...

"That's easy. One of my goals, and I don't know how many more he has in him, so we need this to happen soon, and that's Undertaker. He's the one man who is undefeated at Wrestlemania, and he's somebody who I've had in my mind for a long, long time. I would love to be able to step into the ring The Dead Man and to be able to scream "Feed me more!" in his face would be quite the honor."

No comments:

Post a Comment