Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today's News

SmackDown SPOILERS!!!:


* Big Show vs R-Truth

* Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs The Uso's

* Randy Orton attacked by The Shield backstage.

* Aksana vs Kaitlyn

* 8 Man Tag, Hornswaggle, Khali, Kidd and Gabriel vs Primo & Epico and Prime Time Playaz.

* Alberto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston

* Antonio Cesaro vs Sheamus

Randy Orton was written out of the stories, due to the injury he suffered at Tribute To The Troops over the weekend.

Mike Mondo on The Spirit Squad:


“Originally I wasn’t supposed to be in the Spirit Squad. It was gonna be Kenny, Dolph Ziggler, Mitch and I believe, Elijah Burke. It was those 4. That was who it was planned for. But from what I was told, Elijah Burke, didn’t want to take on the role, I don’t know why. I was at home for the holidays, Tommy Dreamer called me. He was in the office at the time. Tommy got me my job with WWE and got me hired. A lot of the office didn’t want to hire me. John Laurinitis said he didn’t see any money in me. He was like “yeah he can work but OK, so what how can we make money with him?” Dreamer told me to come to New Jersey when RAW was in town. He told me he had a spot for me on the Spirit Squad. He took me in front of Stephanie and she took a look at me and said “Yeah, that’ll work” and I was in the group.”

WWE returns:


The first names expected to return to WWE are MVP and Shelton Benjamin, Shelton was cut following WrestleMania 26 as part of a cost cutting measure, but has stayed active, as has MVP working for NJPW with Shelton in a tag team called Black Dynamite.

MVP has used his Twitter to pour cold water on the speculation...

“I have NOT been contacted by WWE. I still work for New Japan Pro Wrestling. I don’t know anything about these rumours. Sorry.”

Lita was backstage at Raw this week leading to some speculation she may return, but that is a regular rumour, so I am not sure there is anything more to it this time.

Santino still healing:


“Today I did my first sets of dips since my car accident 15 months ago, healing is slow sometimes but constant progress is the goal!”.

This is following a wreck in Toronto last year.

DDP heat with Jake:


It seems DDP's experiment to help Jake The Snake Roberts back to the ring and document the events leading up to it have back-fired. He is furious that Jake called his new home a ''Crack House'' in an interview, leading DDP to be getting heat from the neighbours on the street he moved onto only a month ago, he contacted the reporter that did the offending interview, and recorded the conversation for his documentary...


The Rock falsely advertised?:


The New Orleans Arena are advertising that The Rock will be at Elimination Chamber in February, despite WWE conceding he will not be due to his movie commitments, it is not yet clear if this is a case of crossed wires, an accidental early release of a surprise appearance from the great one, or a way to improve the sale of tickets.

Former WWE trainee files lawsuit:


Brian Jack is pretty much suing everyone, the names on his writ are...

* Vince McMahon

* Dr. James Andrews

* John Laurinaitis

* Ty Bailey

* Kristin Actman

* Santino Marella

* Beth Phoenix

* Shed Media USA 

* Kwik Trip Inc

He claims he reported cases of hazing, sexual harassment, and physical threats made to students, but was told by the named backstage officials to take it up with Steve (Skinner) Keirn.

He claims he did so, only for Keirn to break his “neck, pelvis, backbone, thumb'' and badly injured his leg.

He claims Shed Media made him sign a liability waiver, releasing WWE of any liability in case he was injured as part of the show Tough Enough, which he was never on, WWE then he says, refused to give him a new contract with that stipulation removed.

He claims Santino Marella told him on behalf of WWE to get himself in a ''Staged'' car wreck to get his injuries paid for without WWE's insurance being affected.

He ended claiming the WWE doctor named above would not check him medically before he proved he was not wearing a wire, and that he is still receiving bills that should be taken care of by WWE.

Unfortunately for Mr. Jack he went to the wrong court house, his case was thrown out due to lack of jurisdiction.

Rey to return:


Rey Mysterio will return to the road this Saturday, in a match that will see The Shield make their in ring debut's on the house show circuit.

Hall Of Famer sex tape:


Another WWE Hall Of Famer has had his bedroom activity appear on the internet. Website TMZ have obtained a tape of Tony Atlas allowing himself to be kicked and punched in the face by a woman, who he proudly announced earned $100 dollars for her performance.

More ticket issues for WWE:


Last nights TV Taping's had fewer than 2,000 fans in attendance according to attendee, he said large areas of the seating area were tarped over to disguise the empty seats.

AJ pulled from PPV:


AJ will not compete in the TLC pre-show Battle Royal, replaced by Cameron and Naomi. No reason has been provided for the change.

WWE re-sign tag great:


Reports coming out of WWE suggest they have rehired Billy Gunn, he will work with NXT as a mentor and trainer for the developmental roster, after impressing WWE officials at Raw 1000.

WrestleMania 30 announcement:


Louisiana is expected to be named as the venue for WrestleMania 30, the announcement will be made on February 17, at the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Raw to get ''Edgier'':


Vince McMahon has thrown his weight behind a heavier, style for their future broadcasts, to improve viewing figures. We will apparently see less of the angles of the past few years as time progresses.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka interview:


On The Cage Match Splash...

"That was such an awesome moment, that I could do something like that and influence all those great guys to pursue a career in wrestling, giving them that feeling that it could be done if you really want to do it.

"Not many people remember Don actually won that match, what people remember is the Superfly Splash from the top of the steel cage in the greatest arena in the world; Madison square Garden. In wrestling it is great to have good matches but the thing fans remember the most are the moments. That topped everything I did in my career."

On Piper and the coconut...

"Well first of all I have to tell you when he hit me over the head with that coconut we hadn't planned it, he just did it out of the blue. Roddy was a real character and with me coming from the Fiji Islands he was teasing me about eating bananas, pineapples, then from nowhere he picks up the coconut and just hits me around the head. I was bleeding and everything but when I came to I looked around and he was gone. But let me tell you I got my own back on Roddy in the ring.

"That segment has spanned over many decades we were on TNA together a few years back and then Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper and myself were involved in a WrestleMania match with Chris Jericho."

On The Undertaker...

"Being the first guy to wrestle The Undertaker at WrestleMania was great. I remember Vince McMahon coming up to me and asking me to wrestle The Undertaker and I asked how much I would be getting paid for the match, because that was the name of the game, I'm not a glory guy but this is a business.

"It was a great pleasure to me the first guy to wrestle The Undertaker at WrestleMania and after the match he couldn't stop thanking me and to think the streak now stands at 20-0 and he is still going!"

No comments:

Post a Comment