Sunday, October 14, 2012

Today's News

Honky Tonk Man to TNA?:


TNA stars have been tweeting Honky, telling him how popular he is in the locker room, he has now responded, challenging Eric Bischoff to sign him, and have a one on one shoot in the middle of the ring.

TNA vs Scott Steiner:


The defamation lawsuit between TNA and it's former star will be heard on October 26.

WWE kills Edge:


The heat between WWE and it's Hall Of Famer continues. Adam Copeland has revealed that WWE did not only stop him from using his character name, whilst appearing for House Of Hardcore, but have banned him from ever using the name, outside of WWE, meaning signings, appearances, conventions, books, or in movies (eg Adam 'Edge' Copeland, like The Rock did early in his movie career).

Edge says this news does not bother him, as he has always referred to himself under his own name outside of WWE, but did acknowledge that others may be disappointed, due to the marketing value the name holds, and the possible financial hit that could have.

Beth Phoenix:


Has now worked all of her booked WWE dates, she will leave WWE on October 22, (Probably have a last match on TV to write her out, next week). There is good news however, she is listed amongst the stars booked to compete at the 2013 Royal Rumble, which was sent to the local area this weekend, to allow local promoters to advertise the event.

Randy Orton:


Has discussed his recent drugs ban...

“That was really hard for me,” Orton says of the suspension. “Not because of how fans would look at me or how my folks would look at me. To be honest, my mom and dad were happy that I had 60 days off. I was worked to the bone for the last four years. What really hurt most about this suspension is that, when my [4-year-old] daughter’s older, she can go back and [read about me online].”

He has also spoken out against websites that have attacked himself and his family, publishing gossip and presenting it as fact, and his worries over the lack of privacy his family has to endure.

TNA:


The four British stars competing for a TNA deal are in Phoenix for Bound For Glory, no word yet on what their role will be.

Vader vs Harley Race:


A legit fight broke out between the two former WWF/E stars at this weekends Legends Of The Ring event, Matt Hardy tweeted...

“By the way, I was there today at Legends of the Ring & witnessed the physical altercation between Vader & Harley Race… Unbelievable.”

Details are sketchy, however it seems Harley Race punched Vader in the face, after a disagreement, and then began to ride away in his mobility scooter, but Vader fought back, causing Race to hit a staffer who was trying to stop the altercation.

Arda Ocal, said he heard it was a joke that turned sour...

“RE: Vader/Harley Race incident, I’m told that the two were just playing around, then Vader hit his vendor for unknown reason.”

Tara:


Tara will appear on MTV made, where she will attempt to help an unemployed Woman become a professional wrestler. The show will air on October 19.

She has also revealed a ''Hollywood star'' will play her boyfriend, but she can't yet reveal who...

“It’s going to be a big surprise. He’s a big deal, I’ll be honest. You’ll be familiar who he is. I’m excited. I’m biting my tongue not to say anything. He’s super dreamy. I can’t wait for you guys to see him.”

And that She is trying to get former WWE star Jillian Hall a TNA deal...

“Who do you think got her that tryout? I went up to Al Snow, I said, ‘Why isn’t Jillian wrestling? She’s an amazing wrestler’. And he goes, ‘But does she want to still?’. I called her and said, ‘Hey, do you want to come to TNA?’ and she said, ‘I don’t know. How is it there?’ I said it’s amazing. I gave her Al Snow’s number and next thing I know, I get the call saying I’ve got a match against Jillian at the next show. Of course I want to see her [in TNA]. She’s amazing. She has good ring presence, is a tight, solid wrestler. They were really pleased with her wrestling too. I hope she gets signed.”

TNA HOF:


Sting became the first inductee into the TNA Hall Of Fame last night, the entire roster were in attendance, Jeremy Borash kicked the show off, Mike Tenay presented, Speeches were made by AJ Styles, Lex Luger and Hulk Hogan, and the presentation was made by President Dixie Carter. There was no sign of WWE star Christian (On camera at least).

Hulk Hogan was criticized for turning up in T-shirt and jeans, he says TNA told him there was no dress code. (Pic to follow).

Kane:


Says he intends to keep going in the ring, despite taking on more responsibilities in the back...

“I have a few more years to go. I really don’t have a specific game plan in mind. I’m still having fun. I’m still having a good time. As long as I can keep getting in the ring, I want to keep it up.”

New signing:


WWE have hired a new backstage reporter for Raw, her name is Renee Paquette, She is a 28 year old Canadian, who has previously worked for The Score.

Mr. Belding to wrestle:


TV legend Mr. Belding from Saved By The Bell will wrestle for Pro Wrestling Syndicate in November.

Ryback vs Punk 2:


The second house show match, which is possibly leading to a Hell In A Cell match again ended in a DQ win for Ryback, this time Punk hit him with a chair.

Speaking of Ryback, he has hit out at comparisons that are constantly being made between himself and Bill Goldberg, Saying he is better than Goldberg ever was...

“People see a big guy with a shaved head who’s intense, and they draw those comparisons,” said Ryback. “I will say this: Goldberg did this for the money. He was never a fan of wrestling. I do this because I have a passion for it, and that’s the biggest difference between Goldberg and me. I’m not here to make five million dollars and then walk away. I’m here for life. And, I firmly believe that I’m much better than he was in the ring. He was great, and I was a fan of his when I was younger. But, I feel I’m a better athlete and wrestler than Goldberg ever was, and people are going to see that over time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment