Friday, July 28, 2017

Today's News

Network en Espanol:


WWE are planning on going hard with Spanish language broadcasts for the Network, including re-uploading their PPV's in Spanish.


Injured star coming back:


Darren Young has started training at the PC.


John Cena:


John Cena has autographed 25,000 copies of this years WWE video game for a special edition in his honour.


GFW show cancelled:


GFW have cancelled a live in Bridgeport, CT next month.


Name change:


Elias Samson has dropped his surname from his WWE ring name.


Al Snow talks creation of his gimmick:


"Oh, back in '97. Yeah. At that time, I was pretty frustrated and had a pretty bad attitude and was pointing fingers at everybody else instead of pointing them at myself as far as my not taking advantage of opportunities that were presented to me. That invasion, I think probably saved my career because that partnership and cooperation between Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman allowed me to recreate myself. I tried to quit WWF at the time. I had a contract and asked for my release, and kind of to teach me a lesson, I wasn't allowed to have the release. But I was able to talk to Chris Candido, god rest his soul, and he talked to Paul Heyman, and Paul Heyman talked to Vince and got me put on loan to ECW. So I could take advantage of an opportunity to go somewhere else, recreate myself, and to get myself back over, make myself a brand or product that they would ask me to come back. And it worked, and I'm so grateful for that chance."


Rock reveals reason:


The Rock has finally revealed why he always over-sold his taking of the stunner...

''Me and steveaustinBSR used to bet cases of beer on how crazy I could get with my "sell" of his famous Stunner.''


HOF'er gives health update:


Harley Race has given his first update since falling at home and breaking his legs...

"Right now, it's the legs that are bothering me. I'm sitting here now with two legs that aren't very good. They're in route to recovery, and I'm right along with them. In a little amount of time, I'll be up walking again."


Photo:


Remember that scene in 'Simpsons' when the huge guy climbed out of the tiny car? Kane seems to be trying to recreate it.


Kofi makes history:


Kofi Kingston is the only man in WWE history to hold every incarnation of the Tag titles...

"I had no idea. I don't think we look at accomplishments that deeply in terms of pursuing them. We usually find out on Twitter. Like, 'Hey! Did you guys know you're the only ones to win the Raw and SmackDown Titles?' It's pretty cool when you sit back and look at it, but it's weird; the more time that passes, we keep attaining these unattainable goals, if that makes sense. Hosting WrestleMania is not something set for yourself when you're a kid. You don't say, 'One day, I'm going to host WrestleMania, and this is my goal; I'm going to work toward it." It just happened. Same thing with winning this championship title. It's a very strange stat to be celebrating. You don't set these goals, but we're very fortunate to have had these things happen to us."


Goodbye:


WWE are hosting their last ever show at Joe Louis Arena tonight. They are selling exclusive superstar merch to mark the evening.


WWE leaving TV:


CBS say WWE will likely want to move away from TV and take their shows online...

"By and large, television viewership is down across the board. That holds true for sports, network and cable programming. The number of households 'cutting the cord' and turning exclusively to streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu is accelerating. Traditional broadcast networks such as CBS, which owns this website, have launched their own over-the-top networks in an effort to keep up with the rapidly evolving way media is consumed. That's why it's arguable that more people than ever are watching WWE programming, despite the drop in traditional viewership. There is no panic at the company headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. This is a trend that executives saw coming years ago and have been working feverishly to keep pace with. The videos posted on WWE's digital platforms, including Facebook and YouTube, were viewed more than 9.1 billion times during the first six months of the year — an increase of nearly 20 percent from the same time last year. Likewise, WWE's social media channels continue to explode and now have 800 million followers."


JR dates:


JR says he will work 40 dates a year for WWE.


WWE:


WWE have made some changes to their office team this week.


R-Truth:


Truth is making a new EP this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment