Monday, July 24, 2017

Today's News

BattleGround:


Results...


  1. Aiden English bt Tye Dillinger (Pre).
  2. New Day bt The Uso's to win the Tag.
  3. Shinsuke Nakamura bt Baron Corbin.
  4. Natalya bt Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Lana and Tamina Snuka.
  5. Kevin Owens bt AJ Styles to recapture the US.
  6. John Cena bt Rusev.
  7. Sami Zayn bt Mike Kanellis.
  8. Jinder Mahal bt Randy Orton.

Notes...

  • New Day are the first team to hold both red and blue Tag titles.

SummerSlam:


Naomi vs Natalya is now official, the blue Women's gold will be on the line.

The Rock:


The Rock has starred alongside mobile phone app Siri in a short that has been released by Apple on YouTube today...


World champ returns:


Great Khali is back. He returned to aid Jinder Mahal in his defense of the World title at Battleground last night.

Raw tease:



  • Can Ambrose and Rollins co-exist?
  • Which Horsewoman will ride into Brooklyn for a date with Little Miss Bliss?
  • Jason Jordan's opportunity to develop under the learning tree of an all-time great
  • Third time's the charm for Elias Samson and Finn Balor
  • Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns will likely demand an answer from Angle as soon as possible

Old boy claims creator rights:


Armando Estrada says he invented 'Talking Smack'...

''In December 2011, I drove to a Smackdown taping in Indianapolis to have a meeting with Vince. Finally, after blowing me off for most of the day, we sat down in Gorilla before the taping and I pitched him an idea for a show. At the time, WWE was looking for ideas to create content for this vision they wanted to call "The Network". The show I pitched Vince was a non-wrestling show that would allow talents that don't get much mic time, the opportunity to pseudo-shoot and help get them comfortable speaking in front of a crowd. The show I envisioned was titled "Smack Talk" and I was to be the host. Vince smiled, said he liked the idea, shook my hand and said thank you. I drive home to Chicago that night thinking I was on to something. Little did I know I was about 5 years too early. RIP Talking Smack, you were a breath of fresh air!''


Baby Bella:


Brie Bella says she has turned down Daniel Bryan's request for a second baby, because she wants a ring return, but does want to have another baby eventually...

"I have to make a comeback to wrestling before having another. I miss that ring. But I told Bryan, I was just like, listen I want a second one…because he's like let's do it when Birdie's nine months! I was like, 'Whoa. You're not the one who gets pregnant and goes through the labor. So no.'"


Morgan quits:


Matt Morgan has quit GFW. He says he had agreed to work weekends for them but they changed TV tapings to weekdays, which, when coupled with the plans to take their show on the road, left him no choice but to leave as he wants to continue with his real world job.


Alum teases one more match:


Christian has teased dusting off his wrestling boots on social media, earning the support of Randy Orton, who asked for the chance to face him.


Total Divas:


Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax and Carmella have been added to the cast of TD.

No comments:

Post a Comment