Monday, July 10, 2017

Today's News

Great Balls Of Fire:


Results...


  1. Neville bt Akira Tozawa (Pre)
  2. Bray Wyatt bt Seth Rollins.
  3. Big Cass bt Enzo Amore.
  4. Sheamus & Cesaro bt The Hardyz (4-3).
  5. Sasha Banks bt Alexa Bliss. (CO).
  6. The Miz bt Dean Ambrose.
  7. Braun Strowman bt Roman Reigns.
  8. Heath Slater bt Curt Hawkins.
  9. Brock Lesnar bt Samoa Joe.

Notes...

  • Heath Slater and Curt Hawkins were sitting together in catering when they were sent out to wrestle a filler match, with just minutes notice.
  • Matt Hardy and Sheamus suffered cuts requiring stitches.
  • Ray Rougeau returned to the French announce desk.

Raw tease:


  • Does Reigns deserve a Universal Championship Match?
  • It could be the Summer of The Beast
  • How will accounts be settled following Alexa Bliss' Bank robbery?
  • Who will step up to challenge the Iron Men?
  • Rollins fails to stop the self-appointed "god"

Match pulled:


Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles has seemingly been pulled from Battleground. It is no longer listed on the events page.

WWE games:


Seth Rollins has announced WWE 2K18 will be released on Nintendo Switch.

New show:


WWE have TM'ed a cooking show for the Bella's called 'Bella Appetit.'

Old boy defends Aries:


Matt Morgan has said WWE should shoulder most of of the blame for Austin Aries not making it...

"He's a very short wrestler, okay, who fights for everything he's ever gotten. I never saw him as arrogant. I never saw him as this heat seeker that people think he is. I just saw a guy that has been dicked around an awful lot. And when you're not seven-feet tall, you're not a big guy, you know, unfortunately you do got to fight for everything you get. Especially when you're that talented. We said from day one that that dude should have not be in that damn division. Everyone said that. The fans were saying that, you know, in these arenas. When they're chanting his name it's not like we like him in the frequent cruiserweight division WWE. It's we want to see him in the main show against other talents. That's why they're chanting his name. They're not excited to see him in the purple ropes. They're not excited to see him do stupid grab-ass skits with Jack Gallagher. They want to see him in serious situations with real talent. And that's their loss. He was a jack of all trades, he could do everything. I feel he's a main event talent in every sense of the word He can hang with anybody on the mic and he can surpass most in the ring. So it's their loss, it really is. And what I had heard -- I'm not going to say it's from him -- but what I had heard was he did everything he could to get his release. They stifled yet another star studded talent and it's a damn shame. In a day and age where they're begging for young guys to step up, you had one right there. You had a bonafide main eventer."

WWE renew deal:


WWE have extended their TV deal with AB which covers a number of countries across mainland Europe, including France and Belgium.

JR bites back:


Jim Ross has responded to criticism from NJPW talent and fans for his work at their US specials...

"It is a real ambitious undertaking for the AXS TV folks who do MMA 40 days a year or something like that but they had never done pro wrestling. So we had a brand new crew that had no and most essentially no experience whatsoever in pro wrestling. I thought that we rallied together and came through with an excellent effort, the desire and the will to be good was there. I had some flub ups and was asking which one is Jay and which one is which and God almighty the guy we asked was one of the ringside guys and Josh Barnett and I said which one is which and one of the guys said: 'Well, ( I can't remember Mark or Jay) doesn't have any front teeth.' I said that doesn't help me unless you are going to be shooting their smile, give me something. I got hammered on social media because I made that mistake and people forget that we are human and we are doing a live television show. I wish we did not have those errors but I can tell you this. When I saw the Briscoe's on Sunday I apologized to both of them for screwing that up and I took complete responsibility for it even though I got bad information I own it. It is my deal and so I apologized to those guys because I have great respect for their work and I always have so I wish we had not done that. I don't live this product. Kevin Kelly and Don Callis are there, they live it all the time and they were there in the building doing some stuff but I think that people will see that our second show was much more cleaner and much smoother than was our first show. Of course the second show also was highlighted by the United States title tournament but I thought that the final match with Omega and Ishii was absolutely tremendous. The Young Bucks had a real good match on that second night with Roppongi Vice and it ended up being Roppongi Vice's apparent last match as a team. I was very and really happy that I had the chance to do two live shows and not in voice overs but actually sitting in the arena, sitting at ringside and being able to do what I enjoy doing more than anything or any other phase of the wrestling business and that is do live commentary."

Del Rio detained by police:


Alberto Del Rio was involved in a domestic violence incident at Orlando airport yesterday and police were called. A woman was ''Roughed up'' by the WWE Alum but after talking to police they decided not to arrest him, however their investigations continue. Paige later claimed a woman threw a drink over him after he refused to let her take a picture, and that she was the one that called the police. 

Rock registers:


The Rock's team have registered him with the US political committee, making him eligible to run for US president in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment