Sunday, July 2, 2017

Today's News

NXT:


Sonya Deville has been added to the NXT roster.


NJPW:


New Japan held their US PPV special last night. JR was on comms, the Bullet Club found themselves warring with each other and the US title tourney started. Also War Machine won the Tag gold at the event.

Steve Austin was at the show.


Champ was worst:


Ryback says Jinder Mahal was his worst opponent...

"The worst match of my entire career was with Jinder Mahal. Remember? I don't know if Pat Buck there. We ended up doing a match on the fly. And it was probably my worst match ever. Just nothing went right and Jinder was super-new to developmental at that time. And it was really f--king funny actually, but it was after NXT and we all were down there. None of us… The Nexus thing hadn't happened yet."


Trump uses WWE:


Donald Trump used footage of his appearance at WrestleMania 23 to push his agenda with CNN. He posted their logo over Vince McMahon's face and tweeted a clip of him brawling with the WWE boss.


ECIII wants another chance with WWE:


"It's definitely a thought I have now that I've accomplished a lot and kind of made a name for myself elsewhere and to be blunt and frankly honest I have a lot left to accomplish. I believe I have a lot to prove there that I never had the chance to do or didn't deserve at the time. But you know I've learned a lot about myself and know myself now that it's definitely on my mind but it's not something I can focus on, my commitments are with Impact."


HOF'er ill:


Sunny has been hospitalised twice in the past week. She says she passed out and fell, causing multiple cuts and contusions.


Impact:


Impact have ordered new GFW titles to replace their current ones. They may be debuted tonight at Slammiversary. They also confirmed that their TV show will still be called Impact after the next name change to GFW goes through.


Matt Cappotelli:


Matt Cappotelli has had brain surgery and is now waiting for pathology results on the tumour that doctors could not remove from the brain stem. He was in surgery for 10 hours.


Wrestling murder:


British wrestler Jimmy Breaks has been arrested in Spain on suspicion of battering his wife to death. The 80 year old has not yet been charged in the death of his 47 year old partner, but is in police detention as they investigate.


Cat fight:


Matt Hardy's ladies are warring. Reby Sky took offence to a fan hoping for a Team Extreme reunion in WWE and dragged up the history between Matt and Lita, calling Lita a whore, amongst other things, as she referenced her affair with Edge, and the two getting Matt fired from WWE at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment