Saturday, January 28, 2017

Today's News

NXT:


Tonight NXT will host their first special of 2017. All of their championships are up for grabs.



Kyle O'Reilly talks WWE chances:


Former ROH champ Kyle O'Reilly has discussed his rumoured move to WWE...


"There isn't anyone who gets into this business without dreams and visions of having that Wrestlemania moment. That's what's driven me to pursue wrestling to this degree, overall. It's naive to think anything else. Of course if that opportunity was to come around, then I would strongly, strongly, consider it. That being said, I don't have any concrete plans moving forward. But never say never. Ideally I would love that if it worked out. All I ever wanted was to create art and be the best pro wrestler that I can be. So I need to find an environment that is conducive to that and that will allow me to be that performer. You never know what could happen in WWE. I could be slapped with a gimmick that I'm a nanny for all I know. It is nice to see that they've started to recognize past achievements in wrestling. It puts you above where a lot of other people are starting. It's a nice perk. But I just want to go where I'm appreciated, and whether that's WWE, Japan or the independents, that remains to be seen."


WWE award celeb:


Triple H has sent tennis star Serena Williams a WWE title as reward for her record win in Australia this week.


Dean Ambrose talks retirement:


"I know a lot of guys say that when they are younger 'I'm gonna get it, get my money and get out' and then end up wrestling until their 50. But that could end up being me too. I can tell you I want to get out early and end up eating my own words. All of a sudden I'm 50 and I'm still walking out there. At this point I see myself retiring and disappearing into the ether way before anyone would expect. And when I am done, I will be gone. But I could totally see myself limping down the aisle when I'm 60, jumping off the top rope and breaking my hip. I could be a hilarious geriatric wrestler."


UK star gets WWE role:


Nigel McGuiness will be a part of the presentation team of the NXT special tonight.


HOF feud:


Larry Zbyzsko has recalled his heat with Ric Flair...

"One time, it's kind of a funny story -- the wrestling business was weird in the old days with this brotherhood thing. Back in the old days when Flair was getting his start down south I was getting my big break in New York, and all the publicity and the magz -- Flair was getting jealous. He made comments to the boys saying, 'That Zbyszko, he ain't crap. It's only because of Bruno, I'll take care of Zbyszko.' So the word got to me through the grapevine of the boys, so I said 'You tell Flair whenever he wants to see who the better guy is, let me know.' In those days that was the way of saying, alright we'll get in the ring and this is gonna be a shoot brother. Then some years down the road in WCW they wanted me and Flair to work with each other, because we've both been around 20 years and we've never wrestled each other. Then Flair didn't want to do it, he thought I would hurt him and wanted someone else -- but that's when he like took off with the belt or something and went to the WWE, he jumped ship. It was right before that they wanted us to wrestle, because we never did it would've been good. It would've been really great, but he was afraid then he took off."


UFC star turns down Mania:


A UK newspaper (The one I won't name) claim to have an exclusive that Conor McGregor has turned down a ''Hefty'' offer from WWE for a WrestleMania match this year. Talks have now ended between the two sides, and the deal is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment