Monday, January 16, 2017

Today's News

Champion rewarded:


Tyler Bate has been given a WWE profile as reward for winning the UK Championship.


Alum blasts WWE prospect:


Jim Cornette has blasted Kenny Omega as overrated and Ultimate Warrior like. He has lasting resentment for the NJPW star for no-showing an ROH show in the past.


Raw tease:



  • Brock Lesnar is back
  • Meet the new "faces of Raw" - Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens
  • Can Bayley and Sasha Banks attain retribution against Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax?
  • Neville aims to claim his crown at Royal Rumble
  • Who's in the Royal Rumble Match?


Cena on TV:


John Cena will host 'Today' again this week.


WWE make statement:


Critics of WWE in the UK were issued a statement last night. WWE allowed Tommy End and Finn Balor to attend, and in Tommy's case wrestle, at a UK indie show.


Steiner in movie:


Scott Steiner has starred in a Costa Rican Bollywood movie.


Stardust returns at indie event:


A heckling fan harassed Cody Rhodes with Stardust chants during a match last night, leading to the rest of the crowd heckling him with ''F*ck that guy'' chants. Cody then performed his Stardust signature cartwheel, with a twist, he flipped the fan the bird as he rolled out of the move.


WWE star at inauguration:


Dolph Ziggler will be at the Presidential swearing in of Donald Trump this week.


Alum at live:


Ted DiBiase Jr. was at a WWE live last night.


Twitter feud:


Tyson Kidd called out Sami Zayn for a Twitter comment. Sami said of a UK title challenger that he should create moves, not imitate them. TJ then told Sami he did not invent the move in question either.


Hall Of Fame:


WWE will confirm their first HOF'er of 2017 tonight. ESPN have already revealed who it will be, and it will be Kurt Angle. Triple H called him earlier today to break the news...

"I was shocked. I've been out of WWE for a long time and out of touch with them so I didn't really expect this. It's a huge honor. This is the only Hall of Fame that I'm not in and probably the one I want to be in the most. This is the one that means the most for me. I had a lot of fun entertaining the fans for seven years with WWE, and I'm glad that my hard work paid off. I figured they either decided they didn't want to do anything with me or they forgot. Hunter said they never forgot and he called and told me this is the first thing they want to do. And whether I wrestle or not after this -- which is irrelevant right now -- I'm just really proud to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. I gave a lot of energy and time to WWE those first seven years, and I'm grateful that they recognized it."

Fans shouldn't get too excited though, Angle says there has, as yet, been no conversations about a wrestling return.

No comments:

Post a Comment