Thursday, January 26, 2017

Today's News

New school:


Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury have opened a wrestling school in Georgia.


Charlotte talks entering Rumble / all female match:


"I have the Women's Championship and I think our focus should be building a stronger division, showing that we are just as big of a draw as the men, but once I'm not in the title picture anymore, I think it would be great to enter the Rumble, because at the end of the day, I can outwrestle some of them, but it would have to make storyline sense. I hope in the future, if we have a big enough division to do it or if they ever bring RAW and Smackdown back together, I'd love for us to have an all-female Royal Rumble. I think that would be awesome."


Rock awarded:


The Rock has won best actor at the Peoples Choice awards.


Steve Austin reveals why he didn't announce Mania 19 would be his last match:


"The reason for that was, it was going to be my last match, WrestleMania 19. The neck had caught up with me. Everything had caught up with me. And we didn't announce that, 'hey, this is going to be 'Stone Cold's match' because this was the third and final match with The Rock. He was going over. He didn't say it was going to be my last match because the promotion was still doing pretty good. The momentum was still good. It might have started to slow down a little bit, but if you've just announced, 'hey this is going to be 'Stone Cold's last match,' maybe that would kind of slowed business down or slowed the momentum down and maybe turned some people off. And it would be great to have a great sendoff, but it wasn't about that. We didn't want to slow the momentum of the company and make it about me having my last match because, I can't remember when I made that decision, and I talked to Vince that that was going to be my last match, but it was really close to leading up to that and we didn't want to slow down business, is the bottom line, and that's why it was never really announced is that being my last match."


Mania leaks:


Wrestling Observer claim to have received some creative plans for WrestleMania. Interestingly neither of the current World champs is scheduled to have their respective title at the event. They also claim to have a list of matches planned, with some new additions...


  • Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg.
  • Triple H vs. Seth Rollins.
  • Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens.
  •  Big Show vs Shaquille O'Neal.
  • The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns.
  • Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt. 
  • Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley vs Nia Jax (RAW Women's).

Trish reveals she turned down WWE job:


Trish Stratus rebuffed a job offer from Triple H for a role at the PC, because she was focused on starting her family,


Royal Rumble 2018:


Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia has won the Royal Rumble for next year.


WWE games:


WWE have released a new mobile phone game.


Injury:


Shane Thorne will be out for 7-9 months with a knee injury.


Flair's new job:


Ric Flair is advertising used cars in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment