Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Today's News


Sting:


Sting's manager has released a statement on the injuries his client suffered on Sunday, revealing the injury was worsened because the bout continued...


"As many of you may already know, Sting is undergoing treatment for the injuries he sustained in last night's match with Seth Rollins. Doctors will continue to evaluate his condition, but he is a man of remarkable health and resiliency, especially at his age and with all he's endured throughout his stellar career. Therefore, we are optimistic he will have a speedy recovery and return to full health soon. Sting has kept his body in excellent shape, due largely to the guidance he's received from his personal trainer Jeff Cavaliere (ATHLEAN-X), and we trust this will prove beneficial to the recovery process. As a side note, we later learned the greatest damage to his body took place before the match was over, but being the true professional he is and among the hardest workers to ever step foot in the ring, he insisted to see the match through to the end."

WWE also pulled him from appearing on Raw last night, and sent him home to rest.


LU2:


After much deliberation Lucha Underground has been renewed for a second series, which will air next year.



Paige:


Paige turned heel last night, and trashed the entire diva's division, in her own little pipebomb. This will lead to a triple threat match at Hell In A Cell, Charlotte vs Nikki Bella vs Paige.


WWE called out for copying TNA angle:


Abyss tweeted his annoyance that WWE are using Kane as both Corporate Kane, without the mask, and Big Red Monster Kane, with the mask, with apparently no knowledge of the other side of his split personality. He says it is a direct copy of his TNA character.



TNA take old boy to court:


TNA's case against Scott Steiner will go to trial next February.


WWE seal commercial partnership:


Total Diva's have secured a tie in with a make up brand.



DDP remembers fighting Eric Bischoff:


"I met Eric in AWA, and it turned into a pull-apart fight. We were both sh-tfaced, and wound up. We never got near each other. From there, I went out with Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond, and I'm pretty sober. He must have been drinking the whole time, because he got off the elevator a little after us with his wife, the ring announcer Larry, and Chip Shields. He started in on me again, and I went at him again. Everyone was like 'Diamond, go to your room,' and he's like 'let him go!' He was sh-tfaced!. The next morning I go by his room to see how bad ass he is at 8 o'clock in the morning. I put on my jeans, I put on my boots and I hear a knock. I thought it was the cleaning lady, and it's him. He's got his leather jacket on and his gray hair at the time. I was 31, he was 32, and his hair was halfway down his back and silver. When I opened the door, he's standing there looking like he'd been rode hard and put away wet. He said, 'I heard I was a real asshole last night.' I said he was, and told him I was on my way to his room, and he told me that he saved me the walk. He said, 'there's two ways we can handle this. One, accept my apology and shake my hand.' He had like three teeth in a bridge. He was a black belt, he wasn't afraid of anybody, he would fight at a drop of the hat. He pulls his f-ckin' teeth out and says 'or you can punch me in the mouth. Whatever you think works.' I just started laughing. I was like 'dude, I've been running nightclubs since I was 22. I've heard every excuse to get back in the bar. I've never heard that one. I'd much rather shake your hand.' That was that."


Kurt Angle:


Kurt Angle has released a statement on his brothers recent arrest for murdering his wife...


''This has been a very trying time for everyone in my family. We ask that you respect our privacy to mourn our loss I love my family very much and will support them every way I can. Thank you.'' - Kurt


Daniel Bryan addresses if he is retired:


"No, at least not in my mind. WWE might be thinking that but I feel great. I feel like I'm ready to wrestle. If they called me to wrestle tomorrow I would. It's just a matter of getting cleared. I've had a long history of concussions, so they are a bit hesitant to get me back."



Fan jailed:


37 year old Oscar Ramirez was sentenced to 10 days in prison today, for criminal trespass after he entered the ring at Night Of Champions, this past weekend. He could have fought the charges, but would have risked spending as much as 18 months in jail. He will also be banned for life by WWE.


Chris Jericho tweeted support for the punishment...

''So the jackass who jumped in the ring at #nightofchampions got sentenced to jail time. Let this be a lesson to all…stay out of OUR ring!.''

No comments:

Post a Comment