Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Today's News

Raw:


Daniel Bryan was put in charge of Raw last night, and had a lot of fun at the expense of the former Team Authority.

NJPW to USA:


NJPW have landed a TV deal with AXS in the United States.

Sting:


Sting has signed a performers contract with WWE. This does not mean he will be on TV working every week, he is also not likely to work live events, but will appear sporadically for big ticket events, so he is not going to be a one hit wonder in WWE after all. The length of the deal has not been made public.

Mick Foley lists 3 reasons why he shouldn't return to WWE:


1) Head injuries - While I will forever be grateful to WWE for removing me from an environment where I am likely to suffer from further concussions, my short-term memory is still a problem. A GM has to have a grasp on not only what they need to say - but on what everyone else in the segment might be saying too. Although things are going better for me, I'm not sure I'm there yet.

2) Limpin' aint easy - I have considerable trouble walking...and it's not always easy to watch. For a show that is supposed to take viewers minds off their own problems, watching me hobble slowly to the ring could be a downer...and a reminder of the price to be paid when doing what we do.

3) A fashion nightmare - Most people reading will probably feel a sense of nostalgia when recalling my struggles with fashion over the years. But for a publicly traded company, having a face of the company who makes good clothes look bad is a legitimate concern. Even while watching Survivor Series 1997 last night on #WWENetwork, my children marveled at just how bad I looked - even while wrestling in a tuxedo! My commissioner days of 2000, where I could wear anything I wanted are long over. I'm down almost 25 pounds since my back injury - due to a combination of #DDPYoga and wiser eating. Believe it or not, I'm actually 20 pounds lighter than I was during my time as WWE Commissioner in 2000. But I'm a long way from looking ready to assume any type of larger role with WWE.

Nikki Bella plays down heat with AJ Lee:


"We all are professionals here and AJ and I have been working with each other for a while. And when you start to work with certain girls, you get excited for them when they win. She and I wanted to have this long old match [at Survivor Series] and it's still gonna be a lot of fun with her. I enjoy working with her in the ring and this just put another layer into our story. We're gonna keep coming up with magic."

TNA announce debut:


TNA will tape their first shows for their new network on January 7, 8 and 9 of next year.

Controversial reference to Hall Of Famer:


A police officer in America has compared the altercation that led to him shooting a teenager, to being in the ring with Hulk Hogan, he told a court hearing his defense...

"I tried to hold his right arm and use my left hand to get out to have some type of control and not be trapped in my car any more and when I grabbed him, the only way I can describe it is I felt like a five-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan... That's just how big he felt and how small I felt just from grasping his arm."

Hulk Hogan has not commented on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment