Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Today's News

Goldberg:


The new Goldberg DVD is in stores today.

Mickie James on TNA status:


"I can't really speak on my status right now. Honestly though, I'm not technically under contract with them right now. As far as TNA itself, I wasn't at the last TV so I can't speak on that. The company is in the midst of change obviously and that process of changing over."

Mick Foley praises Goldust:


"As much as i loved the match with Orton, Dustin seemed to be running on fumes those last few minutes. He clearly had worked himself into the best physical condition I'd seen him in for many years, but being in "gym shape" and "ring shape" are two entirely different animals. But what a joyride the Rhodes family took us on last night! From that pre-match promo that had proud Poppa Dusty unable to contain his composure, to the crisp execution of every move, to the finish that had the Foley family literally jumping for joy in the living room, (I didn't get much air, but I DID momentarily leave my feet) the victory over The Shield reminded me of everything I love about wrestling. It was an emotional roller-coaster ride of epic proportions!. With the Orton match and last night's triumph to his credit, Goldust has proven to me that he has what it takes for one more run in WWE."

John Cena in TV ad:


(Facepalm)...


AJ sent home:


AJ Lee was sent home from Raw last night. She suffered a concussion during her Diva's title bout at BattleGround vs Brie Bella when she struck her head against a turnbuckle. The injury was not detected on the night, but she turned up at Raw with a headache and was also suffering some memory loss, so the WWE doc decided she would not be able to compete in her planned match vs Kaitlyn and sent her home.

2K14:


Create suite features have today been announced for this years WWE video game...

Custom Superstar

* New Superstar Heads allows the user to fully customize select WWE Superstars' body and attire (including John Cena, CM Punk, Roddy Piper, Daniel Bryan and Undertaker) with the ability to set them as separate characters or alternate attires

* New ability to apply social media callouts for created Superstars

* For the first time ever, entrance attires can now be customized within Superstar Threads

* Custom Superstar save slots have been doubled to 100

* A host of new parts for more creative freedom

Custom Championship

* Custom Championship allows the ability to create an original Championship. Customize the color of titles and apply logos, decals and sculptural reliefs to the front and side plates

* Custom titles can be placed up for grabs in Universe Mode

Custom Arena

* New arena designs and venue size types

* New stage designs and much more

Custom Entrance

* New motions, music, and videos in Custom Entrance mode

* Ability to cast the positions of tag team and 3 man tag entrance motions

* Story Designer, Create-a-Finisher, and Custom Logos also return for the most in-depth creation suite yet.

Also on 2K14, the NXT Tag titles will be included.

Raw notes:


Hall Of Famer Bruno Sammartino was in attendance, and was brought out for the fans to sing a rendition of ''Happy Birthday'' during an ad break. The appearance was not planned, HHH telephoned to invite him to the show on the day.

It was announced that John Cena is returning from injury three months earlier than planned and will challenge Alberto Del Rio for the World title at Hell In A Cell. This has since been questioned, there was no talk of a return before the announcement, and very few knew of the news. It has been suggested the match will not happen but will lead to an angle to get Cena back on TV, but not in a wrestling role (Maybe ADR re-injures Cena to put him out of the match and Cena decides to help someone else take the title from the Mexican?).

Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton (Hell In A Cell match for the WWE title) was also confirmed for the PPV, Shawn Michaels won a WWE poll to get the special guest referee role in the bout.

Big Show was fired for KO punching Triple H and has been removed from .com's active roster and moved to the alumnus page, to sell the story line.

Daniel Bryan reunited with a child he met last year who is battling cancer. As he was leaving the ring, he saw 7 year old Connor and they embraced and high 5'd (Video).

Steph selling up?:


Stephanie McMahon sold another $500,000 of WWE stock this week, she is now down to her last 50,000 shares.

Maria vs The Bella's:


Maria Kanellis has revealed that her feud with the Bella twins started over an incident at a party with Dolph Ziggler...

''It was very random. Me and Dolph Ziggler were very close friends. We have been for a long time before the twins ever arrived and one time I was dancing with Dolph at a party we were at, at a Green Iguana place or something. So we were all hanging out, having fun and dancing. I was dancing with him. I was dancing with the girls. I was dancing with the other people that were there. So all of a sudden when I'm dancing with Dolph I get a tap on the shoulder and it's Nikki Bella going, 'what are you doing?' And I said, 'uh, dancing with my friend?' And she's like, 'oh, he's with me.' I said 'okaaaay, sure.' I never heard that from anybody. I didn't know that I was doing something so wrong with dancing with friends. But, ever since then it's been very strange between us, but still, I would do business. They could call me up, and if I wasn't under contract with Ring of Honor, and asked me to work with Nikki, I'm sure that I could have the greatest feud going back and forth with her. Why? Because I'm a business woman and that's what I do. It doesn't matter, my personal feelings. At the end of the day this is a job and I like to do very well at my job."

However she went on to admit that Nikki did call her to make peace, but she refused to take the call...

"They called me, I was busy. I sent her a text back. I said there's nothing really to talk about. I know what the story is and God bless you for it. I hope everything works out. There's no real reason to talk to her. She's not worth my time. She took something from me and it wasn't a man, or it wasn't a piece of candy, it was a contract. It's my career and I think for me, that's probably the worst thing you can do, is mess with my money. I'm not going anywhere. I'm in wrestling. I'm staying in wrestling and I'm sure our paths will cross again."

Scotty 2 Hotty:


Ex WWE man Scott 2 Hotty, who now works as a fire fighter is selling his Too Cool jacket for a down syndrome charity.

Austin proof:


Stone Cold Steve Austin has revealed he is brewing his own beer.

Chris Jericho:


Y2J has started writing part 3 of his biography.

WWE / Troops:


Special funding has been made available to get the armed forces network back on air, and WWE BattleGround has been made available for the troops to view the PPV for free.

Brandi Rhodes:


Cody's new wife has opened the door to a possible WWE return, she left her developmental role due to the adverse effect of being on the road separately on their relationship, but today said...

"Thats a great question. WWE is near and dear to my heart. My husband, brother in law and father in law all have ties to the wrestling business, I have nothing but respect and love for WWE. When I trained in the past I absolutely loved it and it is something that I miss a lot. So with that said...who knows what the future holds?"

Goldust:


Due to signing a WWE contract, Goldust has been forced to cancel his booked indy shows, one promoter has revealed the disappointment Goldust feels about not being able to fulfill the dates, saying he was ''Bummed'' about it.

Hogan / TNA:


Hulk Hogan is continuing to play up the feud with Dixie Carter despite leaving the promotion, maybe keeping his options open for a return, maybe the deal is done, we will have to wait and see.

Backstage soundings are not positive though, TNA officials have accused the Hall Of Famer of making ''Crazy demands'' and that if they agree to them all of the recent cost cutting measures would be for nothing. Another official said he was certain that Hogan would be returning to WWE and would see out the rest of his career with the promotion, but added he hoped that would come further down the road.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...

Is Cena coming back so soon good news, or disappointing that other stars are going to be losing TV time they have enjoyed more of recently???

This photo by the way, who would have thought we would see that...

No comments:

Post a Comment