Sunday, May 26, 2013

Today's News

Matt Striker talks career change:


He has discussed his transition from the ring to the announce desk...

"One night, Bruce Pritchard told me that I'd be needed the next day in Atlanta. This was strange because Bruce never really talked to me. I was a new guy and Bruce had been contributing to the business for years. I'd always known who he was and liked his work so it was kind of cool to me. I went to Atlanta and was told that I'd be tried out as a commentator. I'd been doing this for years… since I was seven. I had my own imaginary federation that my G.I. Joe and AWA wrestling figures competed within. I did commentary into a tape recorder- my mother still has the tapes. So that's what I did. Turns out it was Joey Styles' idea and Joey had the foresight, courage and belief to bring it up in a meeting once a need opened up on ECW. Now, in all honesty, it was probably agreed upon just to move on to the next, bigger problem that needed attention, but either way - I was in."

A royal return:


Jerry Lawler scored the winning fall in his return to the ring last night.

He tweeted after the match...

"Thanks to WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk Jr for being my partner in my in ring return against some of his students! Everything went well."

Photo taken shortly before the bout.

TNA Slammiversary:


TNA have released the details of the fan fest activities at this years show...

Fan InterAction Autograph Session 1:

9am-11:30am
Middlesex Ballroom

Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Christopher Daniels
Kazarian
Joseph Park
Samoa Joe
Kenny King
Chris Sabin

9am-11:30am
Salon A

Christy Hemme
SoCal Val
Taryn Terrell
ODB
Gail Kim
Mike Tenay
Todd Keneley
Hector Guerrero
Willie Urbina

Fan InterAction Autograph Session 2:

12pm-2:30pm
Middlesex Ballroom

Bully Ray
Devon
D.O.C.
Garett Bischoff
Knux
Mr. Anderson
Wes Brisco
Taz

12pm-2:30pm
Salon A

James Storm
Gunner
Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle
Suicide
Jay Bradley
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
Hernandez

Main Event Session
3pm-5:30pm

Hulk Hogan

The Rock:


The Rock says he has been cleared to return to his full training regime, following his WrestleMania injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment