Sunday, March 31, 2013

Today's News

So we enter the final countdown for WrestleMania 29, 8 days to go.

To mark the run in I am going to reveal my top 10 Mania matches, and why I enjoyed them, see if you agree.

8 - Taker Again 

The Undertaker vs Kane (WrestleMania 14) the build up to this match was awesome, (7 Months I believe), although the core of the story was a repeat of the Bret vs Owen angle of 4 years earlier, the quality of the writing, and the long build, making Kane look more and more like a Monster every week as he mangled the WWE roster 1 and sometimes 2 at a time, made this match impossible to miss.

The match, like the previous entry, was a great big man battle with two machines working at the peak of their abilities, but also had the added angle of the great Paul Bearer outside the ring (Kane's daddy) which was pivotal to the story of the match.

We also got to see the start of the Kane vs Pete Rose trilogy...


WWE list the ten most important title changes at WrestleMania:




Candid CM Punk interview:


He was asked about his chances of winning at Mania...

"I mean, does anybody really think they have to break the streak? It's one of those things. The streak is this monumental thing and I think everybody has these feelings of not wanting to see it broken, so therefore it should never be broken. But once that bell rings I don't have a boss and nobody can tell me what to do. The guy who beats the streak is gonna go down as a legend. If I broke the streak, I'd be a legend. So it's up to me to do everything I can to break it."

Personal Note...

This is starting to worry me a little, the more honest Punk is about expecting to lose this match, the more I worry about WWE doing the opposite... It Can't happen, surely... :{

He went on to name his dream WrestleMania opponent, changing from the usual answer of Stone Cold Steve Austin, to pick John Cena.


Ex WWE man retires:


Charlie Haas has announced today that he will retire effective immediately...

He Tweeted the news...

''Officially retired. No match against @Sheltyb803 (Shelton Benjamin) nxt week NYC. Time to be a full time dad and husband. I've turned my spandex in for scrubs''

Later adding a thank you to his fans...

''Thanks to all the fans throughout the years. I love you all. Stay safe and God bless. WGTT will always be a top Tag Team, forever.''


Flair family thank fans:


Charlotte Flair has tweeted thanks for the messages of condolence and support following the death of her youngest Brother Reid...

"Thank you everyone for your kind words. Reider, you'll always be my heart & soul champ..."

WWE are also paying their own tribute, flying flags at half mast at WWE HQ this weekend in his honour.


NXT:


WWE have called on the developmental roster to turn it up, announcing two stars will be promoted to the main roster after WrestleMania. Also there is no signs, right now at least of WWE having a post Mania roster clear out, this will be the second year in a row they have not dropped multiple stars following the big show.


TNA:


The new One Night Only PPV format debuts next Friday April 5.

They have released this ad to promote the event, the first is the X-Division themed show entitled ''X-Travaganza''.



Hulk Hogan has praised the TNA writing team for their output in recent weeks.

This may have been a bit of a dig at the WWE issues in their creative department IDK...

No comments:

Post a Comment