Sunday, March 10, 2013

Today's News

WWE list the top 10 female WrestleMania moments:


Surprisingly Including Chyna...



TNA Slammiversary:


TNA have announced this years Slammiversary will be in Boston, Mass. on June 2.


Kevin Nash responds to Scott Hall video diary:


"The wrestling fan is the world's strongest support base.Your outreach for Scott is amazing.Thank you for helping Scott to a 100% recovery"

There has been $33, 807 donated already, they need $80,000 for Hall to have hip replacement surgery.


The Rock:


Is on his way to South Korea to promote GI Joe 2.


WWE announce Social Media rules:


John Cena says he runs his own account, to be authentic, but said he had his reservations about letting fans ''Behind the curtain''. Stephanie McMahon announced that WWE have a set of guidelines for talent to follow, including not to tweet after drinking alcohol, and that they have a designated area for stars to use for their social media activity in the backstage.


Rivals DVD:


The next batch of rivalries for the WWE DVD is...

* Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart

* CM Punk vs. John Cena

* The Undertaker vs. Mankind


House show notes:


WWE dedicated this weeks lives to Paul Bearer...

CM Punk is using The Undertaker's trademark pin (Crossing the arms over the chest).

Chris Jericho returned from his band tour, with a win over Dolph Ziggler.

Fandango bt Ted DiBiase but danced most of the match, much to the fans disgust, and they let him know it.


WrestleMania 29:


Stephanie McMahon has announced the Pre Show events for Mania, it will be a one hour show, with fans getting the chance to vote on a match to be added to the PPV, also the stipulation of the match will be up for fan nomination.


New WWE signing:


Sarah Backman, will move to the states in the Summer, when she has gotten her visa through.

You can see her in action here...



TNA - Bobby Roode part ways?:


Bruce (Brother Love) Prichard has stupidly allowed the contract of one of their top talents to expire... Bobby Roode. He has not appeared for a couple of weeks on Impact, and has not appeared at lives since the contract ended five weeks ago, he is expected to work tonight's PPV, but he did not turn up for the fan interactions before the show, and rumours are he is not backstage, so they are either working out a deal, or he may have moved on, we will find out, if he does, or does not turn up tonight, either way it does not look good.

Incredibly it was Roode who went to them, to let them know about the contract expiring, and he was taken off the road after that.

WWE are you watching...???


Gerald Brisco on Wes vs Angle tonight:


The WWE Hall Of Famer has told his Son Wes to be ready for a great challenge tonight...

"Well, he better be ready, because I know Kurt Angle isn't going to take it easy on him because he's my son. If film study will help, he's going to be great. We've gone over every tape online that we can possibly see, and he's been working out a game plan against Kurt. I think he is ready to step up, and I'm very happy that he got this opportunity against the caliber of Kurt Angle. I wish the best for both of them, and I'm excited for Wes. The kid eats, sleeps and breathes what we do."


Lanny Poffo:


The Brother of the Macho Man Randy Savage, Lanny Poffo has thrown his weight behind the petition to have a Macho Man Randy Savage day on May 20.

He said...

"The fans will never let Randy Die, He made it cool to love wrestling."


Tough Enough winner talks leaving WWE:


Andy Leavine, who has decided to quit the ring, to return to NFL has spoken out on WWE releasing him...

"They were thinking one thing and obviously I was thinking another, It was frustration on my end that did me in. I felt like they had put me in a position to shine and I was getting held back. Granted, there had been a lot of guys ahead of me that had been wrestling for a long time who were getting their shot, which they deserved. But I felt like, 'You put me in this position where you spent millions and millions of dollars to build me up into something.'"


Bruno Samamrtino and Triple H talk WWE wellness program:




D'Von Dudley interview:


On leaving TNA last year...

"We couldn't come to an agreement on a contract. A similar thing happened with WWE in 2005. Bubba [and I] were doing things separate at the time, normally we did our contracts together but at this particular point in time we did it separate. That's basically what it was, we couldn't come to an agreement. I held no ill will towards the company, I just knew what I had to do to make my family survive, it's getting close to winding this thing down and you've gotta look out for your best interests. We just couldn't agree financially. Everyone thought it was part of an angle that was being done, but it really wasn't, I was gone. When I made that announcement, I was gone, I was not coming back. Then a new offer came in two months later and again it was something where I wasn't looking to come back but now with the whole thing with Aces and Eights, you know, I love it. It's something I never thought I'd get involved with until they came to me with it. I'm just happy."

On the Dudley Boyz getting back together...

"Absolutely not. I don't want the Dudley Boyz or Team 3D, I don't want it. As far as I'm concerned it's dead and over. This has nothing personally to do with Bubba and I. Listen, I've waited over 15 years to be in this position, I'm not moving backwards, I'm moving forward. I hope he feels the same. People say 'Oh guys, you should be like KISS and do it one more time.' I don't want one more time. I'm not being selfish, I'm not being egotistical but there's nothing left for us to do. For us to be together again or on the same page... Edge and Christian, The Hardyz went their own way, it's time for us to go our own way. ECW, we accomplished, WWF and WWE, we accomplished. TNA, we accomplished. All Japan, New Japan, Hustle. We've done everything there is to do. Maybe we'll be on the same page 20 years from now at the Hall of Fame when we're inducted but that's about it. Some of the fans, they've gotta let it go, they've gotta let ECW go and let the Dudleyz go."


Aces & 8's:


D'Von, DOC and Mike Knox invaded an indy event this weekend, putting a star through a table.


Daffney - TNA lawsuit settled:


Daffney has marked the end of a two year battle with her former employers, with this statement...

"I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all the love and support over the past two years. I appreciate so much that you recognize the HUGE injustice that is being done to Professional Wrestlers throughout the industry. I hope my case has opened up a few blind eyes and maybe now we, the wrestlers who put our bodies on the line every time we step in the ring, are one step closer to being provided with medical coverage and all the benefits that go along with being a true employee and not an independent contractor."


Magnus on UK wrestling:


TNA star Magnus has called the UK ''The hottest market in the world'' for wrestling right now...

"The fact is that the UK market is the hottest market for pro wrestling right now," Magnus wrote. "Your support has made the media take notice, and made the possibilities increase for all of us. There were more celebrities and important media people at the (TNA) tapings in London and Manchester than ever before, and the best part about that is the fact that they witnessed us at our best, and you, the fans, at your absolute best; you were loud, you were red-hot from start to finish, and it's going to mean a lot going forward. I guess what I'm doing is not only thanking you for doing that, but also asking you not to become spoilt; please, don't become expectant and entitled, like many fans in the U.S. The main things the guys and girls in the locker-room comment on when we do the UK tour are the politeness and gratitude of the fans here. It's quid pro quo; keep being who you are, and we will keep rewarding you with our A-game. Deal?"


Kharma rejects TNA:


Kharma (Awesome Kong) has become the second former TNA star to reject an appearance at an upcoming Women's only PPV.


The Undertaker's 20 greatest rivals:


Listed by WWE.com...

20 - Ultimate Warrior
19 - Kamala
18 - Diesel
17 - King Mabel
16 - CM Punk
15 - Big Show
14 - Brock Lesnar
13 - Jake The Snake Roberts
12 - Mr. McMahon
11 - Yokozuna
10 - Batista
9 - Million Dollar Corporation
8 - Edge
7 - Hulk Hogan
6 - Randy Orton
5 - Triple H
4 - Stone Cold Steve Austin
3 - Mankind
2 - Shawn Michaels
1 - Kane

Personal Note...

Whoever made this list was not around at the time the Undertaker / Warrior feud was starting, the hype was awesome.


New NXT diva added:


Kendall Skye.

No comments:

Post a Comment