Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Today's News

New intake:


A group of Chinese stars have started work at the PC today.



Joe signs:


Samoa Joe signed on as a member of the Raw roster last night.



Goldberg signs double deal:


Goldberg has signed on for two PPV matches. First he will challenge Kevin Owens for the Universal title at the next Raw special, then Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.



Emma:


After 5 months of vignettes WWE says Emma will finally debut her new gimmick Emmalina next week.



Fastlane:


Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns has been confirmed.



Hall Of Fame:


Here is the induction video for Rock 'N' Roll Express...





SmackDown tease:



  • The Champ renews his epic rivalry against The Viper tonight
  • What chaos will unfold with the Elimination Chamber Match just five days away?
  • Tag Team Turmoil competitors square off in a 12-Man Tag Team Match
  • Apollo Crews looks to put a stop to Dolph Ziggler's ruthless aggression

Seth Rollins:


WWE have confirmed Seth Rollins has damaged his MCL, but are of the belief he will be ready to go in time for WrestleMania, and the match vs Triple H is on.


Injuries:


Shinsuke Nakamura has been cleared from his kayfabe injury and Erick Rowan is at the PC for tests after his shoulder problem.


Ref remembers:


Marty Elias has recalled being the man in the middle of Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Mania 25...

"It was amazing. For me personally, it was something that I was in awe of being in the ring with Taker and Shawn but not to the sense where I was "marking out" (and of course we are all marks, I'll admit that) but it wasn't a sense that I was marking out because "Oh My God" this is WrestleMania and this is Shawn vs. Taker. I was marking out because of the fact that I had this opportunity to get in and do this and for me it was everything that I had worked for. The blood, sweat and tears and all the BS and the stuff like no pay days and long car rides and if I am doing the right thing for my family and relationships going bad or whatever but for me being in that match and the match turning out to what it is today, it was all worth it. All that stuff paid off and that match was voted the greatest WrestleMania match in the history of WWE. Being a part of it and being in there is an experience I'll never forget but it is funny that when I got to the building and we got to the outside, right before Taker did the dive and Shawn did the moonsault out and I got thrown against the barricade, you felt it. You felt the momentum that this was going to be something special because the way they had that match built you could just feel it and we had the crowd from the get-go. For it to turn out the way it turned out, I still pinch myself and am blessed every day and if my life ended today I could say that I had a great match in WWE history and I'll always be a part of WWE history and Taker's history and Shawn's history and nobody else can say that. I'm laughing because if you read Shawn's latest book, the first chapter talks about the WrestleMania match. I laugh because you said it wasn't the Main Event, that match was actually only supposed to be 15 minutes and they were originally supposed to be third on the card for that show. I remember being told that and us sitting in there. It was me, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Pat Patterson and Michael Hayes and when Michael Hayes told Shawn and Taker that we were third and we only had 15 minutes, it was something that needed to be changed. Now, it did change and we didn't get the Main Event but it was something that we just kind of looked at each other and Shawn and Taker looked at each other and gave these puzzled looks and I still remember that and when you said it wasn't the main event it brought back a bunch of memories and that is why I am laughing about it. It should have been the main event. One of the things I will say is that after that match, Shawn and I came through the curtain and we walked through and everybody is clapping and everybody is giving a standing ovation and Hurricane Helms was standing right there and I'll never forget what he said. He said something like "oh my God, if there is a mercy rule in pro wrestling right now they might as well pull the mercy rule because nobody is going to follow that". It should have been the main event and I always tell people it was the main event."


New movie:


A UK documentary on the family of WWE star Paige has been bought by The Rock, who will partner with the WWE movies arm to turn it into a film. British comedian and actor Stephen Merchant will direct and Florence Pugh will star as the WWE diva.

WWE movies have also bought the rights to Norweigan snowboarding horror 'Cold Prey' to remake it for the US market.


Alum shot:


Ricardo Rodriguez was shot at whilst driving in his car today. The window shattered but he was unhurt.


Bayley upset:


Bayley has confessed to being hurt when WWE overlooked her for promotion with the other four horsewomen of NXT...

"At first it sucked. To be honest, it sucked, because I wanted to go. I wanted that so bad. But when I saw them debut I couldn't feel anything but happiness for them. I was just excited. I was like, OK we're going in the right direction. It's another step in the right direction. Honestly I thought I would be there shortly after with them... I'll be there in maybe a couple more months and that would be fine, because I was the champion so it was OK. But then it took a whole 'nother year, and I have to say that it was probably the best year I've had in wrestling thus far, because I had to rely on myself."


Elimination Chamber:


Mickie James vs Becky Lynch has been added to this weekends SmackDown special card.


Retirement runs in the family:


Nikki Bella will follow her sister into retirement after WrestleMania. She has tried to work a full time schedule since coming back last summer, but is in constant pain with her neck injury, and will not sign an extension to her wrestling deal, which runs out at the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment