Friday, February 10, 2017

Today's News

WWE star reveals Mania goal:


Big Cass wants gold...

"Long term, I'd say I'd book myself to main event Wrestlemania every single year, but this year I just want an opportunity at the tag team titles. The NXT titles eluded me and Enzo for all the years we were in NXT and the WWE tag team championship has eluded us since we've been here on Monday Night Raw. We just want to prove ourselves, and want to win ourselves our first tag team championships. ... It'd be a dream come true."


TNA at PC:


Former TNA star Sonjay Dutt has just completed a week long coaching stint at the WWE PC.


Boss says it works:


Vince McMahon has spoken about how he sees his baby since the brand split...

"It's working extremely well, it's working exactly like we thought it would. There is some crossover, which is what we wanted. But at the same time, we're introducing new viewers. You have fresh talent coming from one brand to the next. So in essence, if you haven't seen a Roman Reigns on SmackDown, then when he does - if and when he does - then that's really a big thing. It freshens up talent, and it gives us a much longer range in terms of the use of those talents and the IP that goes with them. If you have only one show, or two shows with the same talent, it's difficult to create new stars because the tendency is to keep the larger talent on top all the time. So it allows other stars to climb the ladder of success."


NXT good deed:


A number of NXT stars handed out hot drinks to fans waiting to enter their show last night. A winter storm was raging outside.


Rock speaks out against brand partner:


The Rock is unhappy that the CEO of Under Armour is a Donald Trump supporter...

"I appreciate and welcome the feedback from people who disagree (and agree) with Kevin Plank's words on CNBC, but these are neither my words, nor my beliefs. His words were divisive and lacking in perspective. Inadvertently creating a situation where the personal political opinions of UA's partners and its employees were overshadowed by the comments of its CEO. A good company is not solely defined by its CEO. A good company is not defined by the athlete or celebrity who partners with them. A good company is not a single person. A good company is a team, a group of brothers and sisters committed to working together each and every day to provide for their families and one another and the clients they serve."

Must say though, I have my views on Trump, which I won't post here, I keep personal views on my personal page, but what the guy said doesn't seem that controversial to me, I could understand if he was backing certain policies, but he didn't. Anyway's you can make up your own minds, here is what he said...

"To have such a pro-business president is something that is a real asset for the country, People can really grab that opportunity."


Ali responds to HOF'er:


Laila Ali says she had no idea she stopped Hulk Hogan from committing suicide in 2007, until he said it in his book. Hogan claimed he had taken a number of pills and had a gun at his head until the iconic boxer called him on a whim...

"All of a sudden the phone rang, and it was Laila, and she said, 'Hey, what's going on? You're on the set. You're all depressed. We're worried about you. You going to be OK?. She called with no agenda, just to say hi and check on me. It snapped me out of it. At that moment I switched gears. I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Her voice saved my life, it really did."

She did though question him, asking if it were true, why he had made no contact with her in the years since...

"I haven't talked to him since so I'm like, 'wow, I saved your life and you don't even call me!" Ali said. "I haven't talked to him since that whole story broke. We didn't have a big relationship, but I'm saying if you're going to say it publicly you should've maybe said something to me because I had no idea he was about to say anything. But it's not a big deal, what can I say? I can't say much, I'm glad I saved his life. Love you Hulk!"


Elimination Chamber:


WWE have announced they will debut a brand new Elimination Chamber structure this weekend. Mojo Rawley vs Curt Hawkins will be the pre show match.


Honky talks Jake feud:


Honky Tonk Man says Jake The Snake has heat with him because he attempted to own his ring name...

"I don't really have one other than the fact that he has said some bad things about me without even asking me about why he's doing it. He thinks I tried to buy his name or trademark his name. He doesn't have the rights to his name. He didn't want to spend the money to trademark it so I was going to. When Vince trademarks people's names, when he does it, they don't get mad at him. He trademarks everything!"


Mick Foley:


Mick Foley has started writing a new book. It will be out later this year.


New job for Nattie:


Natalya has started writing a weekly column in the Calgary Sun newspaper.


Eva moving on:


Eva Marie has formed a 16 strong team of experts to further her ambitions outside of wrestling, including agents, marketing, managers, stylists. and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment