Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Today's News

ROH win?:


ROH have confirmed Sonjay Dutt will wrestle for them in March, after a tussle over him with WWE and TNA.


LU deal:


Lucha Underground have confirmed they have sold their first two seasons to Netflix. They will be added later in the spring.


Paige at home:


Paige is in the UK with Alberto Del Rio this week.


Raw star punished:


Xavier Woods had to wear the jersey of the winning Superbowl team as punishment for losing a bet with Kofi Kingston.


Big return:


Triple H has granted Kassius Ohno a shot at the NXT title next week.


The gimmick that took months to debut, killed off?:


After 17 weeks of vignettes for Emmalina, she finally appeared on Raw last night to say she was going back to being Emma.


Goldberg angered:


Goldberg was not happy with Chris Jericho bringing Gillberg back to WWE last night, he called him a moron. Kevin Owens mocked him in return, reminding him he almost knocked himself out headbutting a door recently.


Best friends fornever:


WWE started another WrestleMania story last night. Kevin Owens ended his friendship with Chris Jericho.



Title change:


Bayley won her first Women's title on the main roster last night. The planned change for WrestleMania was brought forward.



MITB branded:


SmackDown have won the Money In The Bank PPV.



Record match:


John Cena will get his chance to become a record 17th time World champion on SmackDown, when he cashes in his rematch clause on Bray Wyatt.



Hall Of Fame:


Here is Teddy Long's official induction video...





Kelly Kelly returns:


Kelly Kelly attended a WWE event for the first time in four years last night and announced she would be at WrestleMania this year. She went on to tease she would be involved in something special, hinting she is one of the former women of WWE that have been asked to return for the event. She did not say what her role on the show would be, but said she would be at Axxess for a fan signing over the Mania weekend.



SmackDown tease:



  • Bray Wyatt to battle John Cena in a WWE Title Rematch tonight
  • Naomi is the new SmackDown Women's Champion, but for how long?
  • Who will rise out of the Turmoil to challenge American Alpha?
  • Is Baron Corbin destined to become Intercontinental Champion?
  • Will Ziggler's aggression cost him or give him exactly what he wants?


Rosa keeping door open:


After announcing her retirement yesterday, Rosa Mendes has given WWE an interview. She says she will never say never to a return in the future...


"Absolutely. Because, I'll tell you one thing, my passion for WWE will never go away, I will always love it from the bottom of my heart. It's something that I'm going to have in my heart forever. You never know, if Jordan wants to be a WWE Superstar … I never got the championship, but I could see her being a champion one day. I'm not going to force her, but I'll just let her watch WWE. The whole, entire family and I, we watch WWE every week and she jumps up and down whenever she hears The New Day."


WWE robbed:


WWE stars Heath Slater, Konnor and Viktor's car was broken into last night. Their bags were stolen.


Injury:


Tony Nese is back in action after a foot injury.


Foley interview:


Mick Foley talked to Lilian Garcia this week, interesting highlights...


On his WWE profile pic...

"The tie I'm wearing in that promo shot is a gift from James Ellsworth, for what he felt I did for him to get into WWE. Isn't that nice?"

Why he lost weight...

"I have some hip surgery coming up, and that's going to require some extensive rehab, and during the course of that I think it would be really good for me to drop a few more pounds."

On creating the list...

"I'm so proud to say that he was complaining about me, and there was a guy from catering going by and he was like, that Foley. You know what I'm going to do? You know what I'm going to do? Then he grabs a notebook away from the guy and he goes, I'm going to start a list. And I said to somebody, he's going to have that over in three weeks. Sure enough, it's become part of the wrestling lexicon."

On WWE paycut...

"When it comes to WWE I actually make less money by being GM than I would if I was working for myself. But I believe this is an important job. I do. It has a chance to steer the way the show is seen."

On recent backstage bollocking...

"I was about to go out there a couple weeks ago, and I heard Braun Strowman say, I want a title shot. Mr. McMahon's behind the curtain, at the board watching the monitor, and he goes, oh god, it's not a title shot. I was thinking to myself, then what is it? That's exactly what I would go to call it when I would go out there. You want a title shot? He's like, it's a title match. It's a match! So if you ever wonder what it's like to see a six-foot-eight, three hundred pound behemoth get chewed out, you should've been there."

On wrestling future...

"I do not intend to have another match ever, and I'd be doing myself a great disservice. WWE kind of saved me from myself when there was an issue with my impact test, which is the test that measures for concussions. They pulled me out of the atmosphere where I would ever suffer a concussion again. So they kind of saved me from myself in that respect."


Cena going home again:


John Cena will be going off the road again, right after WrestleMania. He will be making a film.



Linda McMahon:


Linda McMahon has officially joined the US government. She was elected leader of the SBA 81-19 today.



Actor cast:


Vince Vaughan will play an 80's wrestler in the Paige movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment