Saturday, February 11, 2017

Today's News

Molly reveals heat over quitting WWE:


Molly Holly says Vince McMahon was wonderful when she spoke to him to ask for a release from her WWE deal, but John Laurinaitis was less than impressed...


"It was on a Monday night after RAW. And some people are like, 'oh, you lost to Christy Hemme. Is that why you quit?' I don't even remember the match. Like, I just knew that I cannot do this one more day, and so I waited until after RAW. I waited by Vince's office. He came back from gorilla and I said, 'can I talk to you?' and he said, 'yep.' I went into his office and I thanked him for everything he ever done for me. I said, 'could I please be let out of my contract?' I had like nine months left. Vince was awesome! Oh my gosh, he was so great! Like, he went on and on and told me all this stuff about how much he appreciated me, what a contribution I had been to the company, I mean, he just raved about me. And he told me, he was like, 'if you just need time off, if you need six months off, whenever, you're welcome to come back.' And so, he had pretty much said, like, 'you're just welcome here anytime.' And the next day, John Laurinaitis called me and he's like, 'how come you didn't talk to me?' because he was in charge of Talent Relations and he was kind of upset that he didn't know anything about it and that I went over his head and talked to Vince directly. I didn't feel like Johnny could communicate to Vince in the same way I could, but Johnny was like, 'are you sure you don't just want some time off?' and I was like, 'I'm just done. I'm just done.'"


Everyone wants Dutt:


Sonjay Dutt coached at the WWE PC last week, and produced some of the matches on the NXT live tour, but has other options. Jeff Jarrett wants him to join the TNA creative team, and ROH hope he will replace Nigel McGuiness on the comms desk.


John Cena talks retirement:


"I am far from retiring, I feel like I am at my physical best. I don't think it's any secret to anybody that this is what I love to do the most and I am far from over. [I am so proud that] I am still able to do this after 16 championships and I always say that my greatest match is my next one. A lot of folks in the WWE say that maybe I am past my prime and have lost a step and that creates a giant chip on my shoulder. I want to showcase to everyone watching that I am still at my best."


Brother Love reveals how WWE HOF works:


"Well, early on, we would submit, to certain people in the company, the writers, the TV folks that have been around for awhile, magazine people back in the day, send a list of some people that you think would be Hall Of Fame worthy. And I think we would limit it to 10 or 20 people, but everyone would submit their lists and we would whittle it down from there. But then, it would kind of go into no man's land. And by 'no man's land', Vince would come in and say, 'alright, pal, this year in the Hall Of Fame, we're going to do…' and he would read out his list. And sometimes we would debate it. Sometimes, we wouldn't.''

He also says he believes WWE need to open the system up, to be more open, for fans to really respect it as a legit HOF...

''I would get all the lists and I would get people's submissions and I would go through and try to weed them out and say, 'well, we go so many votes for this guy, so many votes for that guy.' I think that if they were to essentially take 20 top guys, 20 guys that are not in the Hall Of Fame, and whether you put it online, however you do it, and you open it up to the fans, it'd be more transparent and I think it would be a little bit more popular. You get a few head-scratchers every now and then."

He ended by telling a story of how Jim Cornette (Who is his pick for HOF this year) almost made Vince vomit...

"I remember Vince McMahon grabbing him one time, trying to push him off the edge of something. And Vince grabbed him and immediately, like, revolted back, like, 'oh Goddamnit!' I'm like, 'what?' 'It's just, there's just, flab! And I just touched him and I started sinking into it! Oh my! What? Goddamn, Jim! Have you ever done anything athletic?' The repulsiveness with which Vince drew away from him, he was like, 'urgh! I've got to go bathe now!' was absolutely hilarious."


WWE kill show:


WWE have cancelled JBL's 'Legend's With' show. The last episode will be next week.


Venue leaks match:


The host venue of Fastlane has announced Chris Jericho wlll put the US gold up vs Sami Zayn at the event. This has not been confirmed by WWE yet.


Death:


Chavo Guerrero has died, he was 68. He has been battling liver cancer. He is the brother of Eddie Guerrero, and father of Chavo Jr. He once held the Cruiserweight title for WWE.


Trouble and strife:


Cody Rhodes may need to be extra good to his wife this valentines, after he accidentally hit her with his finishing move on the indie scene this week.


WWE return:


Tamina is set to make her return from a knee injury on the SmackDown brand in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment