Friday, February 17, 2017

Today's News

TNA:


Cody Rhodes will return to TNA next week.


Tragic day for wrestling:


WWE and ECW star Nicole Bass was declared to have 
died earlier today. Her former ECW colleagues Lance Storm and Tommy Dreamer paid tribute. Later in the day it was announced that she was not officially deceased as yet, but will be before the end of the day. She has suffered a heart attack and is brain dead. There is nothing medics can do for her, and her life support will be discontinued this evening.

Sadly it was not the only loss. WWE Hall Of Famer George The Animal Steele, who has spent the last few days in a hospice, died this morning aged 79.


ROH want women:


ROH are to host their all female talent try out camp in Japan later this year. One star will be offered a contract.


Match censored:


TNA had to take the strange step of blurring out the referee for a match this week. Marty Elias, ex of WWE, is signed to LU, and they were not happy with TNA using their talent. They sent a cease and desist letter to them to ask them not to air the match, TNA instead took a unique swerve to get around it.



Gillberg recalls WrestleMania misery:


Remember the WrestleMania 17 gimmick battle royal from 2001? Well that night was supposed to be the Mania debut of the one and only Gillberg. He was actually a late substitute into the match after a fake death report about one of those announced for the bout, Corporal Kirchner, but never showed. It was announced that he had gotten lost on the way to the arena. For the first time since the man himself has revealed what really happened, and says his ambition to get his Mania moment has not diminished...


"I made it to WrestleMania one time and I made it to the curtain and I had three seconds to go and they stopped me. I was standing getting ready to go out of the curtain for the Gimmick Battle Royal and they stopped me three seconds before I walked through the curtain and said sorry you can't go. They thought Bill was coming in for the first time and they didn't know how he would react. They just kind of freaked out. I understand the business but you want to talk about crushing man, it killed me. It was a hard one to take and ever since then I want to go back. I've got to make it through that curtain. That's why I am now doing #GillbergWrestleMania on social media. Everything is #GillbergWrestleMania please lets get me on WrestleMania and lets do this."


NXT star talks PPV debut:


Tye Dillinger has discussed his Royal Rumble appearance...

''I don't know if I could fully mentally prepare myself for that moment. I've replayed it over and over in my mind countless times and even now, it still feels surreal. Once I found out that I had officially been entered in the Royal Rumble, I took some time to myself to sit down and try to comprehend what was going to take place later that night. I couldn't. All I could do was reflect on the past 15 years of my career, the paths I took at various times and the people who had helped me get to the point of performing in front of over 52,000 people at the 30th annual Royal Rumble. There have been many ups and downs for me and, to be frank, more downs. But in those 15 years, I've learned to understand that anything worth chasing isn't easy and takes time. That one moment in the Royal Rumble Match, when I entered at No. 10, made every up, down and hardship absolutely worth it.''

No comments:

Post a Comment