Friday, February 24, 2017

Today's News

WWE to NHL:


Darren Young worked for Tampa's NHL team last night, as a social media captain.


Asuka:


Asuka will be working the SmackDown live tour as a sub for Naomi, including at MSG next month.


Kelly leaks Mania angle:


Maria Menounos sneakily revealed why Diva's of the past are going to be at Mania this year. She was interviewing Kelly Kelly for her podcast and was trying to get Kelly to reveal that they were going to induct one of their contemparies, probably Beth Phoenix. Kelly broke out laughing, trying to deny, but eventually did say she would be working at the HOF ceremony.


WWE star nominated:


Scott Stanford has been nominated for 2 Emmy's.


Roddy Strong talks WWE calling:


"I had been wrestling all over the world for 15 years, and I had been a mainstay in Ring of Honor for almost 13 years. I had a tryout with WWE before in 2014. I've communicated with Regal. Just the timing of everything. I got a phone call from them. They were interested, and obviously I was interested, and here I am today. It left me speechless for a second but also very excited. I had already planned to end my chapter in Ring of Honor. I was going to go back to doing the indies more often and possibly working more of a full-time schedule in Japan. If I didn't get the chance to go to WWE, that would have been a bummer to me, but I was just going to continue to do the best I could and continue my legacy. To actually get the call. I was leaving the gym, and I was just talking about it that day. I'm going to go do my thing, but if the opportunity comes, I'm going to jump on it, and if it doesn't, I'm very happy with the career I've had. It was perfect. It left me speechless that it was finally here, the opportunity was finally here, and now I got to do my best to take advantage of it."


WWE:


The WWE Network is three years old today.


Mania match in trouble:


Big Show says he is growing tired of waiting for Shaq to make up his mind about WrestleMania, and says he thinks he is bottling it...

"I mean, here's the thing. We shot this off at the ESPY Awards, Shaq said he's in, I thought this would be a good match for fans to see two giants go at it. And I see Shaq riding around, singing karaoke and stopping in at Krispy Kreme. I'm like, "Hey! If you're not gonna take it serious, find something else to do!" I've given 22 years of my blood, sweat and tears to this business and I'm doing this favor to Shaq. This could be my last WrestleMania. He needs to step up. I'm not trying to be mean, but my time's valuable. I get it. I don't have foot powder commercials, car commercials, insurance commercials. I get it. He's a busy man. But if he's gonna step in the ring, in my business, at our biggest event of the year? Show me you're serious. If anything, talk a little trash. Let me know you're motivated. Because right now? I just get the feeling he's terrified. He shot his mouth off, he's in over his head and he's trying to back out. So just let me know what's going on, brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment