Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Today's News

Lana talks inspiration for her gimmick:


"Triple H actually was a big person and Dusty Rhodes telling me to watch Rocky IV and instantly I was like, 'You want me to be this? You want me to be that serious person?' Because I feel like I'm a light-hearted person, I love comedy, and even all the stuff I was doing at WWE when I first came to developmental was, everything was more like light-hearted stuff. So I'm like, 'Rocky IV?' But that's what we did when I saw it, we tried it, started doing that influence... I watched it a lot."


Emma gimmick killed after disastrous rehearsal:


WWE wanted Emmalina to be a glamour puss grappler akin to Sable and The Kat in the Attitude Era. They worked with her for hours on Monday trying to get the gimmick across to her, with no success. She was not able to deliver the character they wanted. Eventually they became exasperated with her, and told her to revert to her heel gimmick, which was the reason for the awkward, confusing and brief angle on Raw this week.


Injuries:


Indie star Teddy Stigma injured his knee during a WWE trial at the PC this week. He strained his MCL.

Naomi suffered a minor injury at Elimination Chamber.


Lesnar announces retirement:


Brock Lesnar has reportedly told UFC that he has decided to retire from MMA.


WWE couple of the year:


Dean Ambrose and Renee Young have been named WWE fans favourite couple of 2017.


Orton vacates right:


Randy Orton has given up his WrestleMania match, which he won at the Royal Rumble, because he refuses to fight against Bray Wyatt. Daniel Bryan has announced a battle royal for next week, to take the vacant title opportunity.


WWE scouting UK sport:


WWE have approached a number of Rugby stars offering PC tryouts for later this summer. A Huddersfield player has confirmed he is planning to accept the invite.


Vader:


Vader says he is entering his last days. He had been more hopeful recently, but sent out a defeated tweet last night.


First families meet:


The first family of wrestling have visited the home of the first family of the US (Photo). This is the first time Triple H and Shane have been pictured together since he returned to WWE.


New show:


WWE will debut a new show called 'My Child Is A WWE Star' on the Network this week. The first episode features Finn Balor.


WWE ad:


Rusev and Lana are taping an ad for Snickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment