Saturday, December 19, 2015

Today's News

NXT:


Triple H has confirmed all upcoming dates on the NXT tour have sold out.



WWE shares:


Vanguard have bought 3,491,271 WWE shares recently, and now own 4.7% of the company.



Why Shane DVD was nixed:


Shane McMahon refused to take part in WWE's planned DVD set on his career, and the company felt a match compilation would not be as popular without input from the man himself, so dropped it in favour of a US title compilation.



John Cena talks future career:


On acting...


''If you look at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, he had tremendous success in the WWE, but his success was short-lived when he left full-time for Hollywood. I think he had to do a tremendous switch, but I know he had the ultimate goal for coming back to the WWE and making it a better place. But for me, at this point, so much of our audience loves me, and so much hates me, I kind of just realize I am who I am, and I am John Cena, I'm not "The Rock." So, yeah, that gray area gets super gray, so it's challenging at times.''

On music...

''If you're gonna expect music, it would be a soul, R&B, rat-pack-type of thing. Maybe classic. Every once in a while I'll listen to hip-hop, but it's all stuff from the early '90s and late '90s. I'm kind of out of touch with everything. The song is definitely part of what launched me on this journey...but I think had I just kept being "the rap guy," I think that would have been short-lived, because it's so one-dimensional. I've never lost my connection to hip-hop, I just don't know what's popular today.''


Rock sued:


The Rock and Mark Wahlberg are being sued for their show ''Ballers.'' A production company say they came up with the idea, and the wrestler turned actor plagiarised it.



Stephanie awarded:


Stephanie McMahon has received the first ever Golden Boot from the U.S.O. (Photo).



Injury:


Ric Flair says Cody ''Stardust'' Rhodes is out of action with a neck injury.



ROH:


Matt Taven was injured at last nights ROH special, and X-Pac was a backstage guest.



NJPW:


Yoshi Tatsu has signed for NJPW as a commentator. The Briscoe brothers are also set to make the trip to Japan for an event in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment