Friday, May 30, 2014

Today's News

David Otunga:


The fiance of David Otunga, singer and actress Jennifer Hudson, is reportedly very upset with his decision to return to WWE full time. She wants him to continue with his legal advice on TV shows. A friend of the singer told Star in the US...

"Jen knows that it is his passion, but she doesn't want him away from home for long periods of time, and there's always a chance he could get hurt. Jen keeps trying to steer him away from what he really wants to do...[But] he feels that since she's living her dream, he should be able to live his."

Cost of WWE financial crash:


Brace yourself... Forbes Magazine have reported that WWE have lost $750 Million in just 2 months, more than double even the worst estimates by the promotion themselves. This includes a loss of $350 Million on a single day, after the TV deals were announced.

Another magazine has blamed the lack of movement in WWE, they cite the creation of stars people like and support, only to be dropped back into the mid card mire after a short time, naming the likes of Zack Ryder, Ryback, and Damien Sandow, and the promotion's decision to keep the same guys at the top, for (They say) too long, naming John Cena.

Kamala:


Kamala is almost finished writing his autobiography. If he has made some of the accusations he teased when announcing he was working on a book, it could be a very interesting read.

WWE / TNA star ends retirement:


Shannon Moore has started taking bookings again.

NXT Takeover results:



  1. Bayley bt Sasha Banks in the pre show.
  2. Adam Rose bt Camacho.
  3. Konnor & Viktor bt El Local (Ricardo Rodriguez) & Kalisto.
  4. Tyler Breeze bt Sami Zayn to become #1 contender to the NXT title.
  5. Charlotte bt Natalya to win the NXT Diva's title.
  6. Adrian Neville bt Tyson Kidd.


Notes, Haku, So Cal Val, and Kris Kristofferson were in attendance. Charlotte vs Natalya has been praised as one of the best women's matches in years, Charlotte dedicating the match to her late Brother Reid.

The show went over very well, Triple H says there will be another special in the Summer.

Kevin Von Erich:


Hall Of Famer Kevin Von Erich has spoken of his pride at his son's impending TV debut for TNA...

"Seeing my boys enter the ring on Father's Day will be one of the proudest moments of my life. I am looking forward to it and looking forwarding to being back in the Dallas area. I now understand how my father felt when me and my brothers entered the ring."

TNA:


TNA have bought some very expensive radio time to promote their Impact shows in New York. They are struggling to sell the tickets.

Wrestler's on TV:


Former WWE man Kurrgan will star in The Strain on FX, the show starts next month. Manu has landed a role in an MTV show, that starts taping next week.

WWE hot with Hall Of Famer:


WWE are upset with Rowdy Roddy Piper again. This time it is about his negative comments whilst promoting Legends House, and he has also made some controversial comments about fellow Hall Of Famer Pat Patterson recently.

Embarrassing gig for Hall Of Famer:


AC Bob Orton worked a show with just 10 fans recently.

Lita talks life after wrestling:


"I enjoy the really simple things in life, I'm having my own adventure. It's being in a really great place mentally where I'm happy. I really appreciate every day as Amy."

Ric Flair:


Ric Flair has confirmed that despite WWE's objections, due to his retirement clause, he will go to Japan to wrestle in September. He also says Charlotte will be the greatest female worker in history, and is the best of all the Flair's, and confirmed he wants to work as Dolph Ziggler's manager when he rejoins WWE full time, as well as offering him some advice on his presentation, he has issues with his entrance.

Jeff Jarrett talks TNA departure, launching GFW:


"At the very end, I knew it was time to move on. I'm very grateful and thankful. The TNA fanbase over the years - very loyal and passionate. I can't say enough about my TNA years, but I knew in 2014 it was time for something new. With Global Force, the vision I have for it is - you know, people love professional wrestling. Some people call it a "dirty word," some people call it sports entertainment. It's all one and the same. I believe in 2014 professional wrestling, it's time to evolve. As the weeks and months get there, I'm gonna be very excited to share that vision. At this time, I'm keeping it very close to the vest. The journey videos that we're posting on GlobalForceWrestling.com and all through social media, I want to literally immerse the fanbase from day one. Yes, I've talked to a lot of wrestlers but there's not one wrestler signed yet. We're really close on making some talent announcements, but we're in negotiations on every level. With the way technology is today - can I share everything? I don't think that'd be very smart or prudent business, but I can share as much as I can for the wrestling press, as well as the Hollywood Reporters of the world and Variety. I've had people reach out to me in New York and LA that are in the television business, but they're mesmerized with the amount of information that we are sharing, bringing the fans along literally step by step in this journey, because they're a part of the journey."

Injury:


Adrian Neville lost four teeth in a match vs Brodus Clay last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment