Thursday, May 22, 2014

Today's News

Kazarian talks TNA departure:


"It's different. My last day at TNA, I said this to a few people, I didn't feel like I was leaving TNA because I didn't feel like I recognized the company. There was still people I'll miss but it didn't feel like I was leaving TNA. Honestly, there was a couple of red flags, and this was even preceding when I was starting to make up my mind about my current situation, AJ Styles leaving obviously, because I'm very close to AJ and knowing what he was going through and talking to him, that was huge. I was like wait a minute. I say this as his friend and I say this selfishly, I don't understand why they didn't do whatever it took to keep him there. And I'm not just saying that because he's a friend. I'm saying that because he's a franchise guy. He's one of the best in the world. He's a good human being. He's a guy you can continue to build the company around. He leaves and real soon thereafter Jeff Jarrett leaves so that was a big red flag being waved. Wait a minute … things are changing. I don't know that they're changing for the better. It could just be me. Internally, management, complete turnover, people on the creative team, people in management. It really is just different."

Daniel Bryan:


A possible return date for Daniel Bryan has emerged. Madison Square Garden are advertising a WrestleMania rematch between himself and Triple H for a show on July 12, AND, if they are correct, he will still be WWE Champion on the date, they say Bryan will defend his WWE Championship in the match.

It will be a very different Daniel Bryan though. WWE are set to tell him to change his ring style to maintain his career, missile dropkicks, the Benoit style diving headbutt, and the tope's will be removed from his repertoire. WWE have asked him in the past to stop the tope's, as he rarely lands them well, and regularly hurts himself. Doctor's have warned of serious long term problems, and a shorter career, if he does not make changes to his style, to protect his neck.

Others with similar problems in the past include Chris Benoit, who had been asked to stop using the headbutt after a neck problem of his own, but apparently told them that he would retire if they stopped him using the move. Harley Race however has joined the calls to stop the use of the move, he says it is a brutal move, due to the unnatural way you land.

TNA star wants WWE job:


So Cal Val says she dreams of getting the call from Stamford...

"I make no secret about that," she said. "I don't see TNA and WWE as this huge war. I think we all support each other. That's been evident whether it has been Dixie [Carter] or Stephanie McMahon or whoever, I think it's cool when people from both companies talk to each other. We're all friends anyway. People jump back and forth all the time. WWE is something I watched and fell in love with since I was a kid. So of course that's somewhere I want to be and learn from the best and spread my wings. As long as I've been in the business, I'm only 28. I feel like there is definitely a future in WWE."

Ric Flair:


There are several possible idea's for Ric Flair's role upon his WWE return...

Manager of The Miz... However some in WWE consider Miz as a failure at the top level, and unworthy of another top level run.

Manager of Dolph Ziggler... This is what Flair wants, but WWE have no plans for a big push for Dolph, and Flair does not like playing a face.

Manager of The Shield... This would depend on the future of Evolution, which  is up in the air due to Batista's impending WWE departure.

Manager of his Daughter Charlotte. He will perform this role at Takeover, as she tries to become the new NXT Women's Champion.

Ric wants to slim down in order to pass the WWE medical before he returns to the road full time.

Sting:


WWE are no longer expecting Sting to sign his WWE deal ''Imminently''. That does not mean he won't, but it won't be in the near future.

Great Khali:


Great Khali is in India. He has had to go back to re-apply for his Police licence. This does not mean he is going to return to his past career, but the licence needs to be renewed every few years or he would have to go back to basics and start from scratch as a recruit, should he ever decide to return to India's law enforcement. He will back in the States next week.

WWE Movies:


WWE have signed a new partnership with Lionsgate for six more movies. The next will be a movie named ''Vendetta''. It will star Big Show, as a cop, who deliberately gets himself jailed to seek revenge on the man that killed his wife. It will be directed by the Soska twins, who also directed See No Evil 2, which will be released later in the Autumn, possibly to coincide with Halloween.

NXT man snubs WWE:


Sakamoto is reportedly reaching out to TNA looking for a job. This is despite WWE interest in bringing him back.

Kurt Angle:


There is strong speculation that due to lack of interest from WWE, TNA have managed to verbally agree to a new deal for their former champion Kurt Angle. They are already advertising him for a return in October, this is a few weeks after his current deal expires.

Payback:


Ticking Bomb by Aloe Blacc has been named as the official theme song.

WWE snub Warrior tribute:


Despite the family of the Ultimate Warrior agreeing to an episode of sitcom the Goldberg's being dedicated to his memory, WWE refused to participate in the episode, and would not release any footage of him for the show.

To make it up to the family, writer and creator Adam Goldberg has invited his wife and daughters onto the set for an episode of the next season.

Scott Hall:


Scott Hall is in an extremely dark place, and is refusing to leave his bed, leaving many of his friends worried.

Ezekiel Jackson on WWE departure:


"I knew my contract was coming to an end but I was still hoping that I might get the call [to renew] but it never happened that way. I got to live my dream for 7 years, so I am not unhappy with the way things happened."

WWE DVD:


WWE are looking at releasing the following DVD box set's:

Legends House

WWE Countdown

Total Divas season 1

The Monday Night War

WrestleMania Rewind

A three-disc DVD documenting the real lives of WWE talents.

Long-form biographies on the professional and personal lives of WWE talents.

One Man Show - WWE Legends tell intimate stories on stage.

WWE Reveals - in-depth looks at controversial moments in WWE history including Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman, the passing of Owen Hart, "The Curtain Call" in Madison Square Garden with the Kliq, Mike Tyson leaving prison after a rape conviction to help WWE kickstart Steve Austin as a major star, the XFL and David Stossel being slapped by "Dr. D" David Schultz.

No comments:

Post a Comment